GlobalNet Services

Updated Jul 14, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Great opportunity to learn new technologies!

ProsGlobalNet Services is a very innovative company. They are always thinking ahead and working to stay on top of industry happenings. Senior management has a great vision for the company. The work atmosphere here is great! We get fresh fruit every week and have annual Wii tournaments (with trophies for the winners).

ConsTeams can be very focused in on their own work and don't always collaborate.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for offering such great benefits.

Good for entry level, get experience

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Rockville, MD

ProsBenefits fairly generous for a small company. Depending on project, may have great opportunity to learn new technology.

ConsCompensation somewhat low. Management not supportive of training. Work-life balance depends on the contract, some 9-5 but many projects work long hours including weekends. Big push to only do billable work. Contractors can wait YEARS for performance reviews, employee reviews are often terribly late as well. Hard to get feedback on work.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your staff, put your money where your mouth is. Do those reviews, pay a decent rate and say thank you once in a while

Best Government Contractor!

Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Rockville, MD

ProsGNSI is a leading edge government contractor with interesting work, good work environment and culture. Management actually cares about their employees and provides a supportive workplace. Love the yoga, fruit delivery service.

ConsWould say the only negative is that the heat/AC in the building is not great, but I know management is looking to move.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThis company was a good place to pick up new technical skills and work on projects that I felt really mattered. There was definitely a lot of positive comradely among the staff and you could tell that people really enjoyed going to work. The company held different brown bag seminars to focus on personal and professional development. Additionally, I appreciated how open and honest the company was and the benefits package was very generous.

ConsTraining program needs revisited--all employees go through company specific training at the beginning of employment but don't go through refresher courses during their tenure.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep offering great benefits and a great office environment!

Great Work, Great People

Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee) Rockville, MD

ProsThe work at GNSI is very interesting and I feel that I am contributing to the safety of the Public. The people at GNSI are also terrific and I have made strong connections with a number of my team mates. Good culture and benefits also helps.

ConsNeed to better understand career paths and how to achieve them. Would help people with reaching their goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore communication to the staff would be welcome.

Wonderful Company

Senior Java Developer (Current Employee) Rockville, MD

ProsThe best company I have ever worked for. Great team, family atmosphere, great projects and benefits.
    I feel challenged and appreciated, which was not the case with my previous employers. Love the bi-weekly yoga lessons and the weekly fruit delivery.

ConsNothing that I can really think of.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good job!

The Absolute Worst.

(Former Employee)

ProsDecent pay. Average benefits.

For prospective employees: Join here and keep looking for a better job. Consider this as a temporary arrangement.

ConsEverything else. If you have worked at GNSI then you know you have seen the bottom of the bottomless pit. I guess that is good because it can't get worse than this. Any other job will always be better.

Poor Management. (Some managers are good, but some look like they are straight out of a retail store)

You would have paid restitution for all sins in the current and previous births after having worked at GNSI. And I'm not kidding about it. This is by far the worst place you can ever work at.

The mandatory 1 hour lunch is ridiculous. To give two weeks notice even to take a day off is just not possible all the time. An illusion is created that you work for a very organized company, when the company's own GUIDe process is never followed. It's all a sham.

Advice to Senior ManagementSmell the coffee and then you will see that you are surrounded by incompetent managers (with due apologies to the good ones) who run their teams like plantation owners. Complete lack of empathy, respect and fairness makes this a real hard place for people to work. ManageRS use very condescending and rude language.

Let people follow the OPM guidelines during 'weather' days.

Talk to the actual workforce and get feedback about managers. While managers have a chance to give feedback on an employee's performance, there is no way for an employee to give safe/ anonymous feedback about the manager.

You will make more $$$ if you listen to your employees rather than listening to your sidekicks (again with due apologies to some good managers).

Absolute worst company I ever worked for.

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Rockville, MD

ProsDon't be surprised to see more positive reviews after this review-It is done by the company insiders as the history of reviews proves it.
    For every negative review you can see 2 to 3 positive reviews popping out on the same day after a negative review is posted.

Cons-The office setup is more like a room full of sweatshop employees working on IT Projects.
    - Absolute no respect for individual.
    -Threatening environment
    -Abusive language by Management.
    -Never got a feeling of working for an IT company and training's are a rarity.
    -Never got a sense of belonging as an employee with the company.
    -High turnout of Employees.
    -Never a structured approach to assigning tasks and work plan.
    -Heavy Workload with no comp off what so ever

Advice to Senior ManagementCurrent Management is only interested in the number of hours billed to the customer or the number of hours entered in the time sheet. Need to focus on Employee satisfaction. It's the respect and dignified treatment of each individual employee(that is never seen at this company) is what is more important than arranging company Picnics, Fruits and other minor incentives.Some of the Managers are nice to work with though especially those working at the client's site.

GNSI was a concentrated, stressful environment where objectives weren't exactly clear.

Technical Editor (Current Employee) Rockville, MD

ProsThe best reason to work here would only apply to software developers and technical editors.

ConsObjectives aren't clear from time to time, and the turnover rate was startling.

Great opportunities to work with leading edge technologies.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGNSI has great people, you have lots of opportunities to work with leading edge technologies. Quarterly tournaments like foosball, wii bowling, wii golf. Annual picnic and holiday luncheon, potluck lunches. Monthly birthday celebrations, weekly fruit deliveries, and a healthy vending machine.

ConsSome people get to work from home, but others do not. Management is very closed off to front line staff. Annual reviews are usually not done on time. Work-life balance is slanted more to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more visible to front line staff.

Worked for GlobalNet Services? Contribute to the Community!