GlobalSCAPE Reviews

1. Great company to work for

Current Employee - Server Support Analyst I in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Server Support Analyst I in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at GlobalSCAPE

Pros

Lots of recognition, great team, great people, down-to-earth management.

Cons

Cannot think of any cons worth mentioning.

Advice to Management

Already doing a pretty good job. Care about their employees.

2. Manager

Current Employee - Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at GlobalSCAPE (Less than a year)

Pros

My personal experience is that leadership (specifically, my director because that is who I work with and talk to on a regular basis), empowers me to have a positive impact on the direction of our campaigns. Likewise, my opinion and professional experience is valued by my boss. I really feel like this is a company that supports its employees, and in turn its employees are very passionate about supporting the company. I really love working here and am thankful to have found this opportunity. I love the family-friendly and supportive culture. Everyone is genuinely very nice, kind and welcoming. The employees are all very intelligent and hard working. In the past, I've looked to work for organizations where I can not only make a difference and contribute to - but also, I want to be around people whom I can learn from and respect as colleagues. I'm happy to say that I have that here. My boss is super sharp and I'm learning a ton from her. I'm also learning tons from my colleagues. I couldn't feel any luckier for this opportunity.

Cons

It's a small company, so there's a lot more attention on what you do. At the same time, if you do well - it's a lot more attention on what you're doing and that's wonderful. I think there are always cons to any situation, but so far I'm very happy here. If I won the lotto and didn't need to work, I would still work here. I enjoy what I'm doing and the constant challenge. You never want to get too comfortable in life, that way you stay on your toes.

Advice to Management

None. I love how the company goes out of its way to make employees comfortable and feel welcome. Great group of people. So glad I'm here.

3. Great place to work

I have been working at GlobalSCAPE

Pros

GSB is the closest thing to a "family" business that you can have in a publicly traded, technology organization. Our benefits are top shelf, the products work, the customers are happy, and the sales reps sell. All is very good.

Cons

GSB is the closest thing to a "family" business that you can have in a publicly traded, technology organization... sometimes things are done that are not logical. Sometimes we enable individuals to continue down paths that will never pan out.

Advice to Management

GSB is the unknown company... focus on marketing... and strong sales teams. The products work - now sell them.

5. GlobalSCAPE is a great place to work

Current Employee - Support Tech in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Support Tech in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at GlobalSCAPE full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked at GlobalSCAPE for almost four years and I think this is a great company. They have things like: Excellent salaries, health coverage, and 401k plus Fifteen (15) paid holidays (including your birthday) Winter Break Celebration Party Summer Company Picnic Promotions Employee Recognition Programs Bonuses Monthly Company Lunches Flexible work environment Large cash incentives for referrals As far as the management goes, they work very hard creating good work environment for all of the employees encouraging everyone to reach their full potential. In fact, quite a few individuals have been here long enough to get their ten and fifteen year service awards (company is only nineteen years old). You do not keep people around that long if you are doing something wrong. Do not know what else you could ask from any employer. I am happy to be part of the GlobalSCAPE team.

Cons

No downside I can find

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

6. Interesting software company

I worked at GlobalSCAPE

Pros

Good medical and dental benefits; snacks.

Cons

Too slow launching products; pricing structure is strange.

Advice to Management

Listen. Advice is available, if you pay attention.

7. Nice company to work for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I worked at GlobalSCAPE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stocked kitchen Small, family-like atmosphere Nice offices

Cons

Not a ton of room for growth since it's a smaller-sized company

8. Great employee benefits

Former Employee - Anon in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Anon in San Antonio, TX

I worked at GlobalSCAPE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The HR Team goes above and beyond to make the employees happy. Lots of health benefits, snacks, drinks, parties. Plenty of training and activities.

Cons

Different factions make completing projects difficult. There is no main source of power, it's a lot like govt operations. Everything is a power-grab. Perhaps it has changed since I moved on, however the paperwork to complete a project takes longer than the actual project.

Advice to Management

Centralize the power structure, don't elevate people who are incapable of listening to the ideas of others to positions of power.

The most Crooked & Twisted Company to date! NO HR (controlled by upper management)

I worked at GlobalSCAPE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

snacks - few but ok

Cons

Sales is a joke! Remote VP... NEVER motivates his employees.... tries to dictate. PLEASE STAY AWAY you have been WARNED>>>>>>> HR is a witch....

Advice to Management

please redo the ENTIRE company. New sales model does not and HR is NONE EXISTENT.....

Too many factions working against each other

Former Employee - Sales Engineer in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Engineer in San Antonio, TX

I worked at GlobalSCAPE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of great benefits, I mean they really do a good job pampering employees

Cons

Adversarial environment - infighting and politics make projects expensive and frustrating.

Poor Company to Work For

I have been working at GlobalSCAPE full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Healthcare, Dental and Vision benefits are great!

Cons

Management wears two cheeks and speaks with both; lots of politics, everyone beats to their own drum, no formal training, hard to advance and very negative management because they are to faced and don't stand behind their words. New CEO James Bindseil is the worse with double talking (great example for his lesser staff to follow)!

Advice to Management

Talk with one side of your cheek, not double talk, own integrity and take accountability for your self by being honest!

RSS Feed </> Embed