GlobalVision International, Inc

Updated August 20, 2014
4.2

Nabil Freij
1 Rating

Professionals who know the business well & treat their clients well

Current Employee - Consulting Editor
    Current Employee - Consulting Editor

I have been working at GlobalVision International, Inc as a contractor (more than 8 years)

Pros

GlobalVision International, Inc. has the expertise you'd expect from a corporation & the personal service you'd expect from a local business.

I've watched president & owner Nabil Freij build GVI - now 18 years in operation - into the leader in the business: He gives great results & delivery times - and you always feel like he's on your team, whether you're working for him or he's working for you.

I enthusiastically recommend doing business with Nabil & GlobalVision Int'l, whatever your status.

Cons

If you work for Nabil Freij at GlobalVision, you might want more assignments so you can contribute more to his company.

Challenging, but the people were great

Former Employee - Account Manager in Westborough, MA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Westborough, MA

I worked at GlobalVision International, Inc

Pros

The ownership and other employees are tremendous people. They are understanding of the balance between family and work lives. They are not "slave drivers" and they want you to succeed. Ownership/Management is proud to offer its clients a premium service and will not apologize for charging a premium for that (and I also felt the same as an employee). I truly could not speak any more highly of the President/Owner of GlobalVision. I am proud to have known him and I am thankful for the opportunity he gave me and hope to continue to have him and the others at the company in my life as my journey continues.

Cons

Because it is a small company, the positives that one has can also be negatives. Occasionally, I felt a bit disrespected by one person when I would make a human error (as we all do), but that was very infrequently. She was under a lot of pressure too so I understood it and let it go. Even though that occurred occasionally, I think she is a wonderful person too, so I tried not to let it bother me for long. One of the largest challenges was simply that the potential clients were typically non-decision makers contacting us looking for "unpaid consulting" or pricing without any commitment in exchange. And because of that, by the very nature of that interaction (even if some level of qualification was done), most prospective clients viewed translation as a commodity so they would generally buy from the cheapest quoted company. So even if some sales people felt the need to put a lot of quotes out there, the closing percentage was very small. That said, I take responsibility for my ultimate failure at GlobalVision. If you are a potential sales person looking to join GlobalVision or any company for that matter, don't ever blame the company. Ultimately the reason that you fail is because of you and nobody else! I don't believe that management could have changed the outcome of my closing ratio.

The only few things that I would have suggested, management has already taken steps to address. The President of the company is a brilliant technical engineer and businessman, but I don't feel that sales was his forte'. I know that in past years, in a different economic time, he and the salespeople he had could make sales and it was almost easy to do so, but in a very competitive environment, it is a game of inches. I would always want to do role-playing, but he did not want to comfortably participate in that activity. Because he is very intelligent, I think he felt that when I would ask questions in a sales role (role-play), that it would be insulting to the potential client if I were to ask questions that he thought had obvious answers. I felt otherwise and it would frustrate both him and me. But I think that he knew that sales wasn't something that he should be managing and recognized that and delegated that to a sales manager. I gave him kudos for that. Aside from that, the only other thing that I might suggest is a slightly better internal mechanism for data entry and CRM. To add a new customer to the various databases and approve a project, it required a lot of redundant efforts. It was not a big deal, but the more places you need to re-enter data, the more opportunity for human error exists.

It is a very challenging, rewarding job with much room to grow.

Current Employee - Director of Operations in Westborough, MA
    Current Employee - Director of Operations in Westborough, MA

I have been working at GlobalVision International, Inc

Pros

Stimulating and challenging with interaction with people from all around the world
    Professional environment with talented and skilled colleagues
    Compensation is great
    No lay offs during bad economy
    Always using the latest technology and advancing with the latest technology
    Many opportunities to interact with clients, colleagues and partners
    Many opportunities to grow within the company and assume bigger responsibilities
    Communication is a key element within the different departments

Cons

Small office and if we have one bad fruit it affects the moral
    Given the nature of this business, servicing clients may require additional time at work especially when dealing with different time zones

Always hire professionals with good intentions to help the company grow.

Forget about working here, it is a waste of your time and effort!

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Westborough, MA
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Westborough, MA

I worked at GlobalVision International, Inc

Pros

There is plenty of opportunity to work hard and make money for the company, very little of which will find it's way back into your own pocket.

Cons

Management is immature and makes personal and offensive comments about non-business related things. Compensation is far below industry norms, and there is far too little communication within the office regarding on-going projects. People just do not speak to one another. This is your typical one man show. A president who dictates to everyone.

Grow up and share the responsibility of running your business with others who can help you achieve what you want.

Best In Class Translation Services Firm For High Tech

Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in Westborough, MA
    Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in Westborough, MA

I worked at GlobalVision International, Inc

Pros

Very high standard of service
    Chance to do anything to help the company
    Company is on the rise, has not peaked yet
    People are friendly, hardworking, loyal
    Management is honest, extremely responsive

Cons

Tools are somewhat limited given low operations budget
    Communication could be better
    Pay is low unless you can prove yourself
    Short patience by management

Continue to hire well educated, motivated people
    Improve tools such as telecom infrastructure
    Improve communications
    Invest in the brand and value top-notch communications with prospects via website, marketing materials, etc.
    Be willing to invest in top vendor talent, as you are asking your clients to do that

Professional, Humane and Very Ethical

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA

I have been working at GlobalVision International, Inc

Pros

Very professional work environement where everyone is treated with respect and dignity
    Managers are straight shooters. No politics and no back stabbing.
    Excellent group of people to work with and learn from
    Clients are very important but they don't rule the company
    Focus on process, technology and people
    No red take
    Love the 3 weeks of vacation from year 1!

Cons

Smaller work environment with limited growth opportunities, but the challenge is always there
    As a result, have to be an expert in many areas like sales + marketing, project management + QA, IT + Software development, or DTP + Localization expertise...

Add another layer of hierarchy in management to create more opportunities for career growth

Freedom to perform without micro-management

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at GlobalVision International, Inc

Pros

I have been with the company for a few years, and since the beginning was given the opportunity to own and work through the given projects with given permanent clients. There has been no interference as long as the projects were delivered on time and within or above client expectations and/or requirements, and even if mistakes were made I was given the opportunity to solve issues without having higher management interfere. No one is looking over my shoulder, which is the most important reason for my work satisfaction.

Cons

Information flow about company changes could sometimes be improved, e.g. if a new employee is hired it would help to have him introduced by management.