Globaltranz

Updated December 16, 2014
Updated December 16, 2014
3.7

Andrew Leto

Pros
  • Their atmosphere is fun and upbeat (in 4 reviews)

• Growing company, tons of opportunity (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Growing pains, must be able to adapt well with rapid change (in 6 reviews)

• No 401k, sometimes you have to take calls after hours to service your customers (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Supportive, Prideful Culture. A true 'work hard, play hard' environment in more than just words

Current Employee - Senior Logistics Specialist in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Globaltranz full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A lot of companies talk about a 'work hard, play hard' culture but I have never actually seen it exemplified in reality like it is at GlobalTranz. The blend between daily fun, lighthearted activities & incentive spiffs and hard work with a 'get the job done at all costs' mentality works very well. The numbers speak for themselves, the growth of the truckload division is undeniable and it is a result of the unforced collective prideful, supportive, and team environment that has been created from senior management down to the lowest levels.

The senior management staff and does not hide away in office, act unapproachable/better than their subordinates, or lead by fear which inspires their staff to work. The uncapped commission potential, high base salary, and weekly new job postings are a big plus!

Cons

The division certainly experienced its early growing pains as with any start up company, however, they have been pretty much smoothed out by this point. Sales is always a very tough, numbers-oriented industry to get started in but putting in your due diligence up front pays dividends ten-fold as you establish your book of business.

Keep being supportive of the newer reps as they learn & grow. A stronger 401K package would be greatly appreciated. All in all, we have a great management and senior management team in place. Don't change the fun culture, it is truly refreshing to be able to come to work excited and smiling every day!

Loyalty is not valued!

I worked at Globaltranz

Pros

Growing company. But, the biggest pro this company has is their President, Marty Sinicrope. He has the respect of the executive team and the employees. Uncommon at this company.

Cons

Employees are not appreciated. Terrible benefits. Growing company and not even a 401k. Human Resources Department not on the side of the employees. The joke at this company is, "go to HR and you will either get written up or fired"!

Appreciate the employees that have helped to make your company what it is today. Trust and communicate with them instead of putting all your trust in people that have not proven themselves.

miserable

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Globaltranz full-time (less than an year)

Pros

atmosphere is fun, but why wouldnt it be fun if half of the staff was always drugged up on coke including CEO

Cons

everything about this place is a joke unless youre a very good looking female that is willing to sleep with someone in upper management then you've got it made. They pretty much set you up for failure from day one with very poor training and youre told to ask for help when you get stuck but when you do you are told they are too busy and to ask someone else and never do they take the time to even glance at you.

lay off the drugs and focus more on giving your employees more attention

Mostly Cons

Former Employee - Carrier Broker in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Carrier Broker in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Globaltranz full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-The atmosphere is upbeat and high-energy. The majority of the employees at the operations office were in their 20's, so expect to work in a loud and often fun environment.
    -Free food every other Friday. The secretaries up front do a great job at selecting the right catering company at lunch while you sit back and work.
    -There's opportunity for someone with no experience or education to make good money.
    -There's a game room that includes foosball, darts, ping-pong and various other games to kill time in the afternoon if you're ahead of the game.
    -Casual dress. You're welcome to wear flip-flops and t-shirts to work.

Cons

-The odds are against you in the beginning. A large portion of your success is based on others.
    -Many employees are viewed as worthless.
    -The phone systems and programs are often down or not working properly. Don't be surprised if your phone cuts off when you're about to close a deal.
    -The company is growing rapidly, although this is good, there are frequent changes within the company. Policies and employees seem to be a revolving door.
    - Many inexperienced managers. You are on your own a lot. Don't expect too much help.
    - No continuing training. You have no idea if what you're doing is right or wrong until someone confronts you or you lose your job. Act as if there are no rules when you start working here.
    -You will have to lie your way to success.
    -The commission structure is tough. Don't expect to make a lot of commission when you start. If you're a go-getter the commission plan can kill your spirit. This isn't Globaltranz's fault but it's how the industry is structured. I'ts difficult to make a competitive commission plan with how this industry works. The base salary helps with the steep commission curve.
    - The CEO seems to be non-existent. I've never seen him in all my time of working there although this company is locally and privately owned.
    -This company has received large rounds of funding from investors to solve accounting issues that never seemed to have been solved and affect your ability to close deals.

Not in control of a lot that happens

Current Employee - Logistics Specialist in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Logistics Specialist in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Globaltranz full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fast paced working environment, not micro managed. Can make great money if you get good customers and keep them.

Cons

You are selling something you are not in control of, your quota constantly is alway going up, very cut throat industry, a lot of things happen that you are in no control of which makes a lot of your success based on luck such as happening to call the right person at the right time. You need to lie a lot on the spot in order to keep customers happy. It's very easily to get left behind. If you plan on taking a vacation, you will for sure lose your customers

Give new workers more time to build there customer base instead of firing them as soon as they dont hit their quota. Devleop a way to stop different agents from calling the same customers on a daily basis because that drives them crazy.

Global Source Logistics agents for GTZ

Former Employee - Truck Load Operations in Gardena, CA
    Former Employee - Truck Load Operations in Gardena, CA

I worked at Globaltranz full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Potential opportunity to make money.

Cons

Employer is looking for individuals to bring their book of business and expected to start making them money right away. Not really invested in the employees 6 people including me were let go in less than 1 year. CEO should advise upfront that its a family business before bringing one on board. Blood is thicker than water and you will loose.

Learn to run a business and stop over working your staff for less pay than what the freight jobs are paying in the Greater Los Angeles area.

MANAGER

Former Employee - Truck Broker in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Truck Broker in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Globaltranz full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Still thinking of something positive to say

Cons

No direction from the top down. Antiquated operating and software systems make doing your job a chore. At end of the day the only thing company is concerned about is making a $1 more than yesterday instead of building long term relationships.

Put a strategy in place and stick with it

It takes a special breed

Former Employee - Senior Logistics Specialist in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Senior Logistics Specialist in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Globaltranz full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's a young company with a lot of room for growth, and therefor opportunity. Compensation was enough to keep me satisfied. Very laidback, yet energetic environment. If you're able to stay long enough, you do inevitably build relationships with the whole office as everybody's job depends on everybody else and staying connected to the entire office builds relationships. There are office games and managers try to lighten the mood. And they were still trying to cater every other Friday, even as they expanded, which was nice (thank you!). Both locations are right off the freeway and were a convenient commute. I adjusted to the early scheduled and really enjoyed my afternoons which I never had. And, I sure did learn quite a bit about an industry that I had zero knowledge in before GTZ.

Cons

I was tempted to get really negative here, but the truth of the matter is this. The place isn't evil, but it is flawed. Once you're there, you learn very quickly what to do and how to do it, and if not, you get left behind; plain and simple. It requires quite a bit of mental stamina and an ability to deal with/handle daily negative customer issues. Expanding your client list while maintaining your current one all the while trying to meet a quota that never ends was too exhausting for my brain, my body and my soul. They hire many people every month with the Darwinian expectation that maybe 10% of each recruiting class will make it. You can make good money if you get lucky and/or drink tons of caffeine!

Not sure any advice would be taken or even be necessary. From all indications, GTZ is growing and fast. The culture chews up and spits out many good people, but when your business is growing, why fix something that isn't broken? At this rate, the best job security at GTZ is in HR/Recruiting! You would think that, with all the money they spend on hiring people, that it would be frustrating to see the majority of them quit or get terminated within a couple months.

Great opportunities, great culture and cohesion, moderately effective initiatives.

Current Employee - Senior Logistics Specialist in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Globaltranz full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Globaltranz does have a great atmosphere. It is similar to that of an office for a start-up; lax dresscode, lots of games and 'toys', open/collaborative offices, always music playing (usually from several different desks), lots of food (multiple vending machines and bi-weekly catering). Overall the corporate culture is cohesive and easy to fit in. There really is a large opportunity for growth within the company and the Sales/Operations departments. Hard-work is recognized and productive results are revered. If you can make it through the first few months and work to create a self-sustaining book of business then the required quotas are never an issue or stress. I rarely had to worry about reaching my quotas because I put in the necessary work in the beginning. The Operations department has more competition between individual rep's but those who do rise to the top are actually the best rep's of their teams and they're not promoted due to nepotism. Commission structure is comparable to industry competitors for different roles. Earning a $50,000+ income is easily attainable with the appropriate amount of work put forth. I would recommend this company to anyone who is not afraid of putting in hard work.

Cons

The industry is difficult to work in and many people take that frustration out on internal policies, procedures, and the firm itself instead of coming to terms with the inherent challenges of the 3PL industry . With that being said, the internal procedural steps and systems of GlobalTranz are not completely efficient for managing problems, disputes, and 'fires'. I found myself having to address high-level and high-impact problems myself and reaching out to middle and senior level management directly. Corporate initiatives were flippant; over the course of 13 months I personally saw several initiatives begin and then slowly fade away from daily operations to never be heard of again. The technology platforms used at my office were unreliable. You never knew when the communications systems were going to work that day and how long the interruption would last. The commission reporting structure was not very transparent and there was no way to request an audit. If you want to be a top agent/rep don't be surprised to work during non-business hours.

Tighten up internal policies and systems such as disputes, rebills, invoice resolution, and conflict resolution. Provide a 401k package. Provide better transparency with paid-in amounts and which customers paid.

Competetive & Growing

Former Employee - Senior Carrier Relations Representative/Senior Freight Broker in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Globaltranz full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great Starting Base Salary, Great Environment,People,Fast Paced & Growth Potential.

Cons

President of Company is great and HR Staff very helpful but there is room for growth in the Management and Supervisor Position Areas. Need more Leaders. I would say more leadership trainings for Management would help them quite a bit. One other thing that was a bit of a bother was that your day didn't always end when you left the office. There was times when I was on the phone with a truck driver at 12 midnight or 3 am. That was a bother but I understood it sometimes came with the territory but hope maybe one day there could be a 24 hour hotline or something of that nature.

I would recommend more leadership trainings for Management & Supervisors would help them quite a bit. Maybe a 2 week full on Intense training then a 1 on 1.