Globe Telecom Reviews

Updated October 14, 2014
Updated October 14, 2014
3.3

Ernest L. Cu

Pros
  • Opportunity to learn a lot about the industry (in 3 reviews)

• work life balance between family, friends and officemates (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • I thinks since its a very big company some of the disadvantage is our spaced for learning yuo only focused for a single job (in 2 reviews)

• Many members of middle management seem to lack same vision/dynamism as senior management (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company.

I have been working at Globe Telecom full-time

Pros

Good incentives, good leaders, nice work station.

Cons

competitive company, offer lots of trainings.

single and a workaholic..... this place is for you

I have been working at Globe Telecom

Pros

Good place to get experience on the telco industry

Cons

long hours. pay maybe high but they will make sure they use you to the max and some......

The Best. Abot mo ang Mundo

I have been working at Globe Telecom

Pros

Good working environment. Its all fun. Everyone is friendly and approachable. The companys benefit and salary are competitive. One of the best company.

Cons

Its a Telco company which means its a fast-paced industry. It is expected to deliver your job quickly as much as possible.

WONDERFUL GLOBE

I have been working at Globe Telecom

Pros

I enjoyed working for Globe because my team were nice and shared same interest. They were all helpful and accomodating.

Cons

Since I am a consultant, I am looking for a regular job.

Wonderful World at Globe?

Former Employee - Sales Head in Tuguegarao (Philippines)
    Former Employee - Sales Head in Tuguegarao (Philippines)

I worked at Globe Telecom full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The best reason to work here is that they will train you and push you to achieve your maximum potential. Unlimited wonderful experience from the company's products. They'll give you your tools of work like cellphone with a basic plan that varies depending on your department, laptop/computer, car if you're in the consumer sales group, subsidies depending on your compensation packages, insurance, different types of leaves, and sometimes unexpected rewards or perks. There's an annual event mostly for full time employee and heads. The top level management are great. The CEO is awesome.

Cons

Employees working in the head office often receive wonderful perks while those who are in the province do not.
    Provincial operation is very different compared to the head office. Favors are often granted to those who are located in the central districts. There's no much room to grow because of corporate politics. Mismatch salary for the old employees (new ones get better packages). Different culture of management below the top level management which is sometimes confusing. Employees sometimes tend to work beyond what is written on their contracts but not totally compensated. If your a contractual employee, regular employees tend to abuse you.

It will be helpful for the provincial employees to receive the same amount of treatment given to the main office employees. It will create an atmosphere of equality. Try to check the benefits of each employee to avoid mismatch. Some employee were not compensated properly (Employee A: 24k basic salary, Employee B: 54K basic salary but with same position) so they decided to leave the company. Be fair to all employee, be it regular or contractual, to avoid brain drain. Have better benefits for contractual employees. Evaluate why employees are resigning or being terminated. Get their feedback to help the company become even better.

Company that cares

I worked at Globe Telecom as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Globe values its community. They encourage their people to come up with ways to improve lives through their products and services.

Cons

Given it's HMCG, work can be very demanding.

Fun and exciting

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Mandaluyong City (Philippines)
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Mandaluyong City (Philippines)

I worked at Globe Telecom full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I enjoyed working for Globe because the people were nice and we shared the same interests. They were very accomodating and helpful.
    Benefits were great too.

Cons

Since my background was FMCG, I really had a hard time adjusting handling a non tangible product, it's service that we were offering.
    Business casing was also tedious to do.
    Back end capability was also frustrating because the products we could introduce to the market was limited.

Reorhanization was a regular thing at Globe. This affects how the entire company was performing. Maybe they could try carrying out a long term plan instead of doing a yearly reorganization.

time to time assisting, filling doc. mentation

Current Employee - Utility in Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Current Employee - Utility in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I have been working at Globe Telecom full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

toking, anytime helfing anytime. hardworkig

Cons

office is the best. iS IS

a place for managers

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Makati City (Philippines)
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Makati City (Philippines)

I have been working at Globe Telecom full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

benefits, incentives, training of your choice.

Cons

most of the current managers have little technical knowledge. And they can decide just with that. Leading to rework, patch and other technical issues. Very vendor dependent.

keep up with the current tech

Great place to grow and learn

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I worked at Globe Telecom full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great corporate culture. Everyone is emotionally invested in the success of the company and driven to be a strong competitor brand in the industry
    Great brand credibility and clout within industry.
    Seniro Management not afraid to make big splashy moves despite size of company

Cons

Unreasonable customer demands. No matter how well you do your job, public sentiment of the company will almost always be negative.
    Can be extremely bureaucratic. Sometimes makes navigating various levels of approval very frustrating or difficult.

Globe Telecom Photos

IT Park Lahug Cebu City
The building itself is shaped like cellphone signal bars! Clever!
TGT