Globe University Reviews

CEO

1. fun industry

Former Employee - Director of Admissions in Brooklyn Center, MN
    Former Employee - Director of Admissions in Brooklyn Center, MN

I worked at Globe University full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

helping people change their lives for the better

Cons

poor pay for the hours and stress

Good intentions, bad execution

I worked at Globe University

Pros

small class sizes (<10 on average), newer facilities

Cons

Constantly changing corporate directives, top-down management, minimal autonomy, shrinking staff kowtows to students, the tail wags the dog

Advice to Management

Hire a professional from outside the family to run the company. Globe used to have so much promise. Not anymore.

3. Great company, bad times!

I have been working at Globe University (More than a year)

Pros

Family owned culture.

Cons

The company is going through some hard times financially, which has led to layoffs, pay cuts and zero raises for the last couple years.

5. Great co-workers, bad ownership

I worked at Globe University full-time

Pros

I made some lifelong friends working at Globe, both co-workers and former students who sought me out for career guidance in IT. The campus manager at the time was fun to work with, as well as staff in every department

Cons

No room for upward mobility due to people at the top being entrenched in their role in this family-run business. Very reactionary environment, heavy admissions pitch, admitting some students that lack basic educational skills. Long-time employees terminated for no real cause other than saving the bottom line. People expected to take a pay cut and work more hours. Employee pay is much lower than market.

Globe University and Minnesota School of Business suck

Former Employee - Admissions Representative
    Former Employee - Admissions Representative

I worked at Globe University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay was decent for market I live in. Most co-workers were good people. Most students who graduated got jobs in their field.

Cons

High pressure sales. Misleading sales techniques that prey on naive prospective students. Lack of loyalty by management. Number of legitimate leads promised were not supplied. Metrics for lead tracking inaccurate and unfair. If you are not a kiss-a$$ you will not go far in this company.

Advice to Management

When you use a slogan of "We care" you should actually really care about the students and not profits only. Too many students are misled because of the greed for the almighty dollar. Too many qualified employees have been "let go" for the worst reasons. Your company is a prime example of why "for-profit colleges" need to be watched closely.

7. Sinking Ship

I have been working at Globe University

Pros

The people I work with are nice

Cons

Raise admissions standards....some students can barely write/communicate High turnaround of instructors Pay is not competitive

Advice to Management

Bring in outsiders to manage the company. Lower your own salaries and invest in obtaining and retaining quality faculty members.

8. Marketing

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I worked at Globe University

Pros

Decent benefits and some really good people at the lower levels and on campuses

Cons

Has seen several rounds of layoffs No communication

Advice to Management

Choose a direction and stick with it long enough to see if it works. Plan and evaluate results.

9. Employee

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roseville, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roseville, MN

I have been working at Globe University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Have always felt valued, love the flexibility and the support of my coworkers. Happy place to work. Feels like I am making a difference in my community and in people.

Cons

Pay is not competitive. Sometimes can feel more reactive versus proactive.

10. great environment, terrible pay and benefits

I have been working at Globe University full-time

Pros

the students are what keep most people who are passionate about working in education here. There are small classes and few employees, so it does have a family feel. the building itself is very clean and bright- it is a nice place to work demographically. I do feel he teachers and staff sincerely have the best interest of the students in mind. The classes and programs are actually of great quality!! many of our students get jobs after they graduate.

Cons

The pay is terrible compared to other colleges and private colleges. There literally has been a pay freeze for over 1 1/2 years and even if there wasn't, they only give 1% a year- that doesn't even cover the cost of inflation. Plus there is no room for growth. Since the amount of students attending has significantly gone down, staff have been laid off or not replaced when they quit.

Advice to Management

Pay to keep quality employees- if you invest in your staff, the students will come. Too many great employees leave because they cant afford to work here, leaving the campus with a lot of turnover and inexperienced people.

11. Making a difference, one student at a time.

Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Woodbury, MN

I have been working at Globe University part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love the flexibility with scheduling. Being an Adjunct Instructor allows me to teach classes according to my schedule. The small class sizes and low student to teacher ratio promote far more individual attention.

Cons

The pay is lower than in public schools. Enrollment has gone down over the past 5 years, so that is a concern.

Advice to Management

Put your best instructors in front of as many students as possible. That is the best way to show you care. Reward those instructors with bonuses occasionally.

RSS Feed </> Embed