Globe University

Updated Jun 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Adjunct Professor

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFocused on delivering high quality and rigorous curriculum to a diverse population of adult learners.

ConsCompensation is a bit lower per class than other universities in the area; however this is a minor issue when teaching is your vocation.

Love/hate relationship

ProsGreat coworkers, good location, independence, joy of sharing your knowledge with students

ConsTerrible management, poor compensation for amount of work put in, severely profit driven.
    Students that obviously cannot succeed are encouraged to take loans and attend school there. They end up worse off.

Advice to Senior ManagementStudents and teachers should be your main focus, not profit. Good, well payed teachers will bring in students and provide an education the school can be proud of. Spend less $$ on admissions and more on teachers.

My brief time as an Adjunct Instructor (just one quarter) was enjoyable, and the students and staff were great!

Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) Onalaska, WI

ProsThis is just a great learning environment. Globe teaches practical skills that students can use right away in their field. The instructors I got to know in my short time there were outstanding people.

ConsI had no problems working here!

Advice to Senior ManagementI had to leave the Onalaska campus and move to Madison, and I was disappointed when I didn't hear back from the Madison campuses once I moved to town.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Could be better

ProsWorking with great people that are passionate about education. Campus culture is fantastic, the leadership team is great. Truly care about the student experience. The majority of the teachers are hard working, tech savvy and do everything to bring the best experience to the the students.

ConsThe family that owns the company is ridiculous. They have no transparency with the numbers so campuses don't really even know if they are making money or not. They refuse to close campuses that are struggling because they are also in the real estate business. They don't carry the "we care" mission over to the hard working people that work for them.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees what they are worth and stop asking people to do more and more and not pay them fairly. Lower the tuition so you can compete with the other for profits in the area. You will not get a rise in enrollments when they can get the same thing somewhere else for half the price. We are better than the other schools and people will pay a little more for that, but the huge difference in price is not worth the extra costumer service.

Great company to work for if you are willing to work hard!

Admissions Representative (Former Employee)

ProsWarm atmosphere and management is super supportive. If you want to grow your career, it's a great place to start!

ConsIn admissions, expect to work many nights and Saturdays.

Admissions Representative

Admissions Representative (Current Employee)

ProsLots of locations also own 3 types of career schools. They all seem to have really nice folks, very energetic even through these hard times for these for-profits. Lots of different program options. This job is a good job for a new college grad who doesn't mind worker later hours or weekends. The work-life balance is pretty easy but there isn't a lot of room for promotions.

ConsThe company has had multiple layoffs. The top executives (family owned) don't really know what is going on at the bottom and just make guesses at what to do business wise based on the numbers. Need more financial aid opportunities for students. Hires too many admissions rep's only to lay them off when inquiries are down. If you have a great idea it gets heard but never implemented. Pretty phone call heavy but not as bad as other for-profits.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe training is like a cheerleading squad practice and doesn't really help much. A lot of management are burnt out and are there for the paycheck.

Supportive, friendly company

Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee)

ProsA university that gives you some training at least once a year! So useful. Also someone from management sits in on each class once a quarter to review the teacher. High tech - e.g. smartboards in the classrooms.

ConsThe company vibe feels more focused on staff than teachers. For example, the majority of online training is geared toward recruiting students, taking care of data, etc. non-educator functions of the school. Most teachers are adjunct, and as an adjunct I felt like an outsider.

Caring and compassionate group of employees always inspiring to provide the best for the students.

ProsThe education industry has a lot to offer a person who looks for a rewarding career. Being at Globe, I have watched many graduates succeed and I am happy to be a part of that life changing event. No matter what college a person goes to, it's their college of choice and it's our choice to provide them with a place where we truly care. Here, we truly do.

ConsWe are short staffed at times which can create a lot of work but when teamwork comes to play, we manage to get through.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. They are here to help make a difference.

Some great people - questionable education

Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) Woodbury, MN

ProsI worked with some really great people.

ConsThe pay is dreadful for adjunct instructors and you must put in a lot of non-billable time (if you are a good instructor). In my program the syllabus didn't make a whole lot of sense.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't envy the management because the for-profit system is very difficult right now. I would ensure that the students best interest is always in mind. How to get there? Actively solicit input from the instructors on how to make their programs better.

Proud to work here

ProsI get to make a difference in people's lives everyday. My management is very supportive.

ConsThe market is struggling right now, and there are typical process frustrations. Sometimes interdepartmental tension is there, but this is at most for profits.

Advice to Senior ManagementAnything I could give them, I already have, and I would not put it here. This is not the place for that.

Worked for Globe University? Contribute to the Community!