Globe Wireless

Globe Wireless CEO Dave Kagan
Dave Kagan

Management stifles creativity

I have been working at Globe Wireless full-time

Pros

Globe definitely offers a decent benefits package that includes Health, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance. Employees get 2 weeks vacation which accrues month to month, and after 5 years of employment becomes 3 weeks. Additionally there is a monthly birthday/anniversary celebration and a bagel and doughnut breakfast. Usually these are accompanied by an update on some part of the company.

Overall the people are quite friendly and hard working without too much in the way of politics or cliquishness. Recently we had a nice family picnic which was quite a success.

Cons

No raises, bonuses, or profit sharing.

It can often be hard to effect changes by anyone lower than senior management position. Managers tend to discuss things among themselves without involving subordinates who might be impacted by the discussion and then often neglect to tell subordinates about the changes in any sort of structured way.

Management tends to go outside to find replacements or new hires for managerial positions. There have been a few recent occasions where they did not do this, so the policy may be changing. However there are still numerous examples of this sort of hiring over the top of experienced people. It's demeaning and kills morale.

Most employees work in noisy cubicles and have out of date furniture and other amenities. Smokers may find it inconvenient to leave the premises to get their "fix" but this seems to be the case more and more in companies.

* Promote from within
    * Share your discussions with your teams or invite them to the meeting
    * Create better structures and processes for employee feedback
    * Offer financial incentives to your team for good work

Jun 27, 2013HR Generalist

Thank you for your honest review of Globe Wireless. The company has made many changes in recent years to be more employee friendly. With the implementation of the Performance Review process, the ... More

No communications, no recognition for going above requirements

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palm Bay, FL

I have been working at Globe Wireless full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Globe Wireless has good medical benefits, most co workers are very nice to work with. better than when Frank Coles was in charge. Working in Palm Bay is nice.

Cons

Knowledge is power and not shared, there is very little communications from upper management and between departments. Too much micro management. Layoffs seem to target senior employees. Procedures are just for show and can be over ruled to get the product out the door.

Stop laying off your knowledge base. cross train positions. Try doing an undercover boss type of project.

BBadBad Place to workadNot

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palm Bay, FL

I have been working at Globe Wireless full-time (less than a year)

Pros

None that I can think of. Benefits are horrible and way to expensive, No chance for a raise or advancement.

Cons

Bad benefits, lousy pay, really poor management.

Stop sending unproven product out as Beta test, make sure it works first.

Sep 9, 2013HR Generalist

Dear employee, We appreciate all feedback we receive from employees as it helps us to better evaluate where we need improvement. Have you spoken with your Department VP about your concerns? Dave ... More

Great team of employees!

I have been working at Globe Wireless full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Positive changes in working environment. Excellent benefits. Fabulous co-workers.

Cons

Communications within the company need improvement.

Continue to foster the positive work environment and listen to suggestions from employees with an open mind.

Left hand doesn't talk to the right

I have been working at Globe Wireless

Pros

Laid back environment
    Constant payroll mistakes

Cons

There are too many chiefs and not enough Indians.
    No internal communication.
    Internal training is bad

LIsten to your employees issues and concerns with their day to day work so you can work out the kinks in companies SOPs

Jun 27, 2013HR Generalist

Thank you for your blunt honesty. Sometimes things need to be said that are not always flattering but help us to improve as a company, for both our employees and our customers. We have made many ... More

Poor

Current Employee - Manager in Palm Bay, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Palm Bay, FL

I have been working at Globe Wireless

Pros

Nice building, OK environment if you work in the right department

Cons

No structure for after hour emergencies, very poor planning ahead, lack of company wide communication.

Promote from within and stop being so top heavy. Too many VPs, not enough worker bees.

A very controlling workplace.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palm Bay, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palm Bay, FL

I worked at Globe Wireless

Pros

Can't really think of any. I guess if I had to pick one it would be decent starting wage.

Cons

Having everything you do controlled from the clothes you wear to when you take your lunch break.
    Not a productive work environment.

Listen to your employees as to what could be changed in their environment to create a more productive team. It would be a win win situation for everyone. you would have less turnover and more productivity and a much happier workplace.

Should treat employees like professionals instead of cattle.

I have been working at Globe Wireless

Pros

Chance to work in a unique and exciting field. Depending on your position there are many global opportunities for employment. Solid business leadership is in place.

Cons

Terrible personnel management. Employees behavior is controlled down to the tiniest detail from schedule, to dress, to coffee break times. No flexibility is given for even the smallest personal time from 8-5. Employee evaluations and feedback are non-existent. Salaries are competitive but raises do not exist unless you fight for it.

Trust your employees and treat them like the professionals they are instead of treating them like they are on a non-stop mission to steal time/resources from the company.

Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Globe Wireless full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you are really good, your efforts are recognized with salary hikes. Company revenues seem to be steady in this challening financial times.

Cons

Lack of planning in project execution, wrong estimates, and implementing sudden cost cutting measures that lead to lay offs.

Company gets ISO certified but internally processes are so poorly maintained and followed. Please improve your planning skills that might improve product delivery schedules and reduce unnecessary fire fighting.

Globe Wireless Photos