Glocap Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.1
Adam Zoia

1. Great firm with exceptional people!

Current Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at Glocap full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Glocap currently provides a great culture, filled with young, energetic employees motivated to collaborate. It has provided me with significant opportunity for growth and exposure to leading alternative investment firms. All of the employees are encouraging and make coming to work enjoyable. Very flexible with regards to work life balance and understanding of people's needs outside the office.

Cons

CEO is too loyal and kept employees on board longer than needed. Luckily this changed and has helped create the new, enjoyable, and collective environment we have now.

Advice to Management

CEO is always available with an open door policy. Very understanding and supportive. Cares for his employees and listens to recommendations for the firm. He has personally made my experience at Glocap exceptional. New management team recently joined and has really made a concerted effort to unify the firm.

2. Dynamic and entrepreneurial Company

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Glocap full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Glocap treats its employees like adults, is highly entrepreneurial, has A clients and is a great group of people to work with. I recently left to take a recruiting role at a company just to try something different but was shocked to see some of the venomous reviews on this site. They don't accurately reflect the company I worked at and I have to imagine that they were inspired by the group of employees who left last summer to join a competitor and lost a law suit initiated by Glocap. Bottom line is it is a great place to work if you are self-motivated, like flexibility, value an A-client list and like being around very motivated, high energy and entrepreneurial people. I was sad to go. Lastly, during my years at Glocap the CEO always treated me and everyone around me highly fairly. He is a straight shooter and perhaps some people cant hack that but I prefer that to someone who doesn't tell you like they see it.

Cons

If you want a highly directed environment where everything is laid out for you, Glocap is not a good fit. If you are confident and like to have the scope to do things in your own way as long as the standards are high and the outcomes are good, then Glocap is a good fit.

Advice to Management

Although I always appreciated the non-hierarchical culture, I do think that more formal recognition through promotions and a bit more emphasis on titles as a means to recognize people's development would be helpful.

3. Not your typical search firm!

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at Glocap full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Glocap is a firm that sets the bar and is not afraid to set it high. Glocap does not compete with other firms, it creates the standard for which other firms strive to be. When hired to be a recruiter here you MUST understand that the culture is entrepreneurial. The employees are ambitious adults that are not waiting to be told what to do, but instead are diving in and getting it done. The new management has fostered the passion in new employees, ignited a fire in old employees, and encourages a collaborative effort to provide unparalleled service to both clients and candidates. I look forward to coming to work each day and being part of such a strong team.

Cons

CEO gives people the benefit of the doubt and often times trusts people to a fault. I am shocked to see such negative feedback when I am sure the CEO has gone above and beyond for most of these individuals. As for me, the CEO has been nothing but a fierce leader that pushes me to strive harder to reach my professional goals, and has welcomed me and my colleagues as part of his family.

Advice to Management

The open door policy is fantastic. I love that the opinions of all employees, no matter what their role here, are heard.

5. Entrepreneurial environment with great potential for the self-motivated

Current Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at Glocap full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with Glocap for four years and what I enjoy most about the company is the ability to work autonomously, but also with the support of my team, when needed. There is a lot of transparency within the firm, particularly with the new faces added across the past year. It is a refreshing and exciting time for the firm.

Cons

Every organization goes through growing pains and there have been adjustments along the way this past year, as we adapt to new individuals and ideas. Overall, I think that the open communication and eagerness with which people have come to the table has been positive and well-received.

Advice to Management

As a firm, Glocap needs to continue to focus on cultivating its internal talent. We have a young, hungry team who is eager to take on new challenges and is up to the task.

6. Innovative, energetic and fun

Former Employee - Strategy in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Strategy in New York, NY

I worked at Glocap full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Smart, fun people working on solving a big problem that could improves the lives of many people.

Cons

Can be intense at times, but to be expected at a start-up that is trying to make the world a better place!

Advice to Management

Plan a few more events to reduce stress!

7. Solid place to work and there is opportunity to produce

Current Employee - Recruiter in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Seattle, WA

Pros

Solid culture, good people, senior management has good attitudes

Cons

Training new hires could be improved

8. Good attitudes, high turnover, long hours.

Former Employee - Recruiting Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Recruiting Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Glocap full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Very lively office, interactive people who make the day go by quickly. - Hardworking associates - Good feedback from higher-ups (if you have been placed with the right VP/MD).

Cons

- Not much room for growth. - You put in an incredible amount of work for little reward (when working as an assistant and not a VP or MD). - Very high turnover leads to a lack of strength in teams.

Advice to Management

Help your assistants help you and give them better feedback when they are not doing something the correct way.

So much promise, and yet so much internal tension and dissatisfaction

Former Employee - IT Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - IT Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Glocap full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Young, energetic and lively staff. Breakfast and lunch in the office weekly. Access to some of the best technology available.

Cons

CEO counts every penny, to the point of being unbearable. Extremely long hours taking away from normal personal life. You never feel like you're able to fully disconnect.

Advice to Management

Let your employees take some time off the same way that upper management and the CEO can do it. Taking a breath outside the office and letting your brain rest is important.

Set up for failure by very little training/communication from remote mgmt and inadequate pay.

Former Employee - Associate Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Associate Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Having "Recruiter" on a resume may show competence Well known name in financial community

Cons

Virtually no hands on training from remote mgmt, pay structure where co mgmt collects majority of fees brought in by associates, while associates are paid nearly min wage in the first 6 months, then turned to 100% commission (no salary). Employees are in a position to be paid NOTHING for a few months at a time - after 6 months of living on nearly min wage - so no time to save $ to live on during those no-income months. Pay outs on searches closed can take 6 months to actually be paid to employee, which is not addressed in contract. The only way to do this job in the first few years is to have a supplementary income. Very difficult to live in the Bay Area if Glocap is providing your only income.

Advice to Management

More hands-on training, more time (one year) with realistic/adequate urban living wages while employees are learning/ramping up.

Ask former employees before you sign on

Former Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Glocap full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

So many people have left you benefit from all the clients/candidates left behind New management team - energized

Cons

the place is a fraud - everything about it CEO is unethical and has bad reputation in industry Work/life balance taken to an extreme which is great if you want to work at a place that isn't serious

Advice to Management

Sell the firm

RSS Feed </> Embed