GoDaddy

GoDaddy Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

GoDaddy CEO Blake Irving

Blake Irving

Pros:
  • "Great Benefits (Although it will take you at least 90 days to get them)"
    in 23 reviews
  • "Still good benefits, though they continue taking more and more away from their employees"
    in 19 reviews
Cons:
  • "Transitioning from the call center to corporate is extremely difficult to do"
    in 15 reviews
  • "Middle management was worried about their career and not their people"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Used to be good.

Website Designer (Current Employee)
Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros$2 lunch (Although it is crappy food),

ConsUnrealistic goals in design department, No sense of leadership, Poor quality designs, no ongoing training, Very restrictive website builder.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis department has lost more than half of its staff in the last 12 months because of really bad management and low pay. Just shut down department if you are not willing to be a competitor in the workplace or you will continue to lose people.

Too many changes too quickly, and not for the better.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for more than 5 years

ProsStarted out as an amazing job that I was proud of. I felt so lucky to work there. Fantastic benefits, subsidized lunches, company paid "field trips" for teams, generous vacation time, relaxation rooms with coffee and a Wii, out of this world holiday parties - the list goes on and on. These perks were unbelievable.

ConsAnd then it all started to change. Health and dental insurance companies and plans changed to be more cost efficient. They still have subsidized lunch but it's worse than cafeteria food. EAI's were cut. You don't accrue vacation time anymore, you're just supposed to take time off when you need it (because that system surely won't create drama). It seems wrong to complain because there are still perks and it's hard to find a company that offers so much but when everything keeps changing to offer the employees less and less it affects your perspective at work, especially when these perks are the best part of the job.

The rest is a mess. Too many changes, too many managers, too many competing ideas and not nearly enough communication. Teams and people get moved around and there is no on boarding to help. Management has always made ridiculous demands from workers but it's getting worse. Employees don't feel valued or secure. People are quietly being let go, others are quietly being bullied out. It's an extraordinary amount of change with no clear direction and it does not feel like change for the better.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees. They actually do the work, they know what can be done and what can't and have some fantastic solutions. Talk to everyone. You shouldn't have to write an email to the CEO in order to be heard.

Cronyism & Lack of Integrity

Software Development Manager (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPay is good, benefits are still pretty good

ConsAny job worth having is handed out to friends of the C-suite. Rare internal hires are poached, not posted for anyone to apply. HR makes big promises but does just about nothing other than recruit & fire (oh, and change their name to "People Ops".) The common thinking seems to be that if you're not from Silicon Valley you must be an idiot. Executives are too busy having offsite meetings to actually recognize that they're not making the changes they think they are.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow up.

Used to be a 6 star place to work until the last year or so

Software Developer (Current Employee)

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat benefits
Good pay
Flexible office locations (close to east, south and west valley locations)
Many good/competent employees left from the "pre-sellout era"

Cons-Bob Parson's is no longer involved in decisions
-Taking on investors KKR/Silverlake was the beginning of the end (what i call the "sellout era")
-New silicone valley execs/management have total control over all technical decisions (even lower level decisions)
-New silicone valley execs/management treat the existing employees like we have no idea what we are doing
-We use to be empowered to make bold decisions, now we just follow orders (we use to drive but now we ride in the trunk)

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't let outsiders come in and make the existing employees feel like we have no idea what we are doing or talking about. Godaddy was a billion dolloar company with double digit percentage sales increases well before any of the new execs/management joined. New management treats us like we are morons who can't make a decision on our own.

Constantly changing

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for more than 8 years

ProsBenefits, office environment, high-end technology

ConsToo many org changes, too fast

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to act like Google, Yahoo, facebook, etc

If Sex didn't sell how would Godaddy have been successful?

Network Engineer (Former Employee)
Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for more than 3 years

ProsA nice job to have on your resume

ConsYou have to actually have worked there to be able to put Godaddy on your resume.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your current course because failure is an option now that Bob Parson's is gone. Bob new how to keep a constant flow of new crappy products that customers would buy thinking it would help their business. Fortunately for Godaddy the average customer just bought things because the checkout process is impossible to navigate.

If you're one of the liars, you'll do great.

Sales and Support (Former Employee)

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe actual employees (not management) are some awesome people

ConsLack of compassion is the thing that makes this company suffer the most.

Advice to Senior ManagementHonor health concerns

was a great place when i was there in '07

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for less than a year

Prosbeach balls and competitive up-sale races, $$$

Consheard it got worse after i left and management started being unreasonable
an hr lady lied to me once about knowing my family members to gain leverage so she could force me to "cheer up" on my worst day(non work related) there
they gave my temp-to-perm sup the largest team on the floor so she pressured us better reps to train and compensate for the weak reps

Advice to Senior Managementchill out

ssdsd

Inbound Sales & Support (Former Employee)

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood money, **IF** you're a top seller.

ConsRapidly losing it's status as a great lace to work, due to the recent buy-out (Sorry. "Investment"). Employees are never allowed to forget how expendable they are. (Like any call center) it's a numbers game, all about keeping your metrics up, no longer about taking care of the customer.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn your obvious hurry to distance the "new" GD from the antics of Bob Parsons, don't lose sight of the fact that it was his informal, irreverent attitude that made GD stand out form the crowd, and made it such a unique place, both for customers AND employees. Continuing your current course of turning something special into just another plain vanilla tech center would be a great disservice to everyone associated with GD.

Tech/Sales Support Call Center

Tech/Sales Support Call Center (Former Employee)
Gilbert, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for more than a year

ProsLoved the Team, calls were non stop but overall easy to help.

ConsCall very seldom slowed down to help catch up your side work.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more Kudos as deserved and more spiffs to the workers less to management.

Worked for GoDaddy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GoDaddy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for GoDaddy CEO Blake Irving. All 208 reviews posted anonymously by GoDaddy employees.