GoDaddy Reviews in Phoenix, AZ

Updated August 25, 2014
Updated August 25, 2014

GoDaddy CEO Blake Irving
Blake Irving

Pros
  • Great Benefits (Although it will take you at least 90 days to get them) (in 24 reviews)

• Good hourly base pay, good benefits if you're single (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Transitioning from the call center to corporate is extremely difficult to do (in 18 reviews)

• Though, given the amount of time it's been since I was there - that may have changed (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

168 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Best company I have ever worked for bar none.

Current Employee - Customer Development Team  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Development Team in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Fresh to the company there is as much training in whatever discipline you chose after 90 days.

Cons

Sometime customers are unclear as to our level of support and they don't realize we want to provide them with the highest level of support possible.

Good Pay & Benefits

Former Employee - Technical Support and Sales Representative  in  Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Technical Support and Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay starts at $15 per hour (not many can compete with that) The benefits are fully paid from day one. Usually a few shifts to choose from. Great holiday party. People are pretty great. Good vibes.

Cons

Everyone works 1 weekend day, but that's common with most companies. Call center so it's back to back calls. Gets draining after a while. Not a fan of being a sales rep & tech support. those should be separate in my opinion. Training is okay. They teach you a little bit about the products. Hated the hosting calls. Nothing like that was taught in training. You kind of have to learn as you go.

The best job.

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great environment for growth in many aspects, fair and equal opportunity to contribute and move up the ladder. AMAZING PAY, if you preform well (very sales driven). Laid back environment with FANTASTIC benefits.

Cons

Work facilities could use some improvement however they are currently working on getting that fixed by creating a new location.

Keep up the good work.

GoDaddy Response

Aug 15, 2014Customer Care Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for the praise and we're glad that it's been an awesome experience for you. Having a great place to work is super important to us and we'll have that new location ready to go before you ... More

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not a designers dream....

Former Employee - Website Designer  in  Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Website Designer in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, environment, food, and perks. Worked with some very talented developers and designers who inspired me everyday. There is definitely a light feeling at work and the days can go by fast because its so busy.

Cons

Although I have heard its changing, I was poorly under paid, and management was worthless. Often management is hired externally, when they need to hire from within. There is really no opportunity to grow or move up, and they are cutting all corners before IPO

Get rid of Web site builder...... Do real web design, give credit to the behind the scenes people and not just they're management.

Fun company, lots of benefits but...

Current Employee - Internet Sales and Service Consultant  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Internet Sales and Service Consultant in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for less than a year

Pros

The cool thing about this job is that unlike most call centers they dont give you a script. You can pretty much direct the call however you'd like. They also have what seems to be a very good incentive plan.

Cons

This job sounds great on paper but after working here for a month I realize its not all that its cracked up to be. This is the first job Ive had working in a call center. They provide a month of training but only about ten days of it is with your trainer and the remainder of the training they have you on the phones as an attempt to "give you a feel of the real thing" However, upon the completion of training and starting my actual shift, I quickly realized things were alot different when you were doing the real thing. First off, if you're working in the inbound department you have to deal with tech calls all day. The idea is someone calls in with a tech problem and you are expected to somehow turn that around and make it into a sale. As a new employee, I sometimes become frustrated with the tech questions people call in with for two reasons. One being that I dont feel I had suffiencient training to enable me to assist some customers with confidence. In training they literally have told me,"If you dont know the answer just tell the customer you are going to review their account while you place them on a brief hold, and then freak out, and come ask someone". Which brings me to part two, whenever I dont know the answer I attempt to ask my supervisor who looks at me like Im a complete moron, its as if he expects me to know all the tech stuff when no one has even taught it to me. SELL, SELL, SELL. Thats all they seem to care about. I've literally had my supervisor refuse to answer a question I have until I load a product into the customers shopping cart to offer them. Not very helpful when Im busy stressing over a tech problem.

I suggest spending more time in training going over technical things and less time on phones.

Amazed I made it this long

Current Employee - Inbound Tech Support and Sales  in  Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Inbound Tech Support and Sales in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits, 6 weeks time off (if you can get the time off approved), very liberal dress code, lots of opportunity for overtime,

Cons

Very sales focused through out the organization, lack of career development, lack of accountability for supervisors, the call center floor is dark, poor ventilated with no windows.

look at improving the physical environments especially the Gilbert call center, start promoting a technology driven culture instead of a "used car sales" atmosphere

Decent experience. Just your average call center job/environment. Sales, sales, sales.

Former Employee - Cdt  in  Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Cdt in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You can make decent money in CDT but the bonuses are slowly but surely dwindled down over time. CDT is often referred as the golden handcuffs, as you take a huge pay cut to go into other departments. You can go into leadership but take a big hit in pay and the sups will not make as much as the best CDT reps. Health insurance is free, if you are single. Having a wife and kids- its not really any better then most companies. Bob Parsons founded the company and he put it on the map. He took really good care of his employees. KKR is the investment group who has a big stake in the company. The perks of the company are gradually chipped away. This is a sales job; you need to have that mindset starting here. You are paid fairly for the work you put in. The holiday parties are cool!

Cons

Some leadership is great and some not so much. This varies from department to department and who your supervisor is. The call centers are ran by a lot of condescending individuals who try to instill fear into their reps. The customer availability time was recently increased to 82%; you need to be aware of how much time you are off the phone as this will affect your paycheck. The company does not invest enough time (training) into the salesforce. The technology we use is subpar. The systems are slow and the hardware we use is not what one would expect from a technology company. The salesforce make the most revenue for the company and they are often treated the worst. Vacation time is based on availability ran by workforce. Needless to say, you have to request time off six months in advance if you ever want a Friday or Monday off. (This is relationship based, if you are in with the boys club you will get away with anything in the call center.) Over the last couple years the bonus structure is changing for the worse and seems to be trending in that direction as every other quarter there tends to be some perk or decrease in pay. In order to be successful at GoDaddy you have to "drink the kool-aid." Customer surveys need a better system as the wrong reps are punished, as they become the "fall guy" for another reps mistake. Promotions outside the call center are near impossible. Some senior managers genuinely care about the company and want to see change, unfortunately at this point their is a huge disparity with call center reps and salary employees regarding time off, micro management, team builders, work environment, and over all mentally and physically healthy environment. If you start in the call center you are pretty much stuck in it. You have to take a hug he pay cut to become a lead.

Less micro managing.
    More training.
    Do team builders with your teams. Unless you are a supervisor or higher you can't have team builders- why? Why such an inequality?
    Focus more on quality. Numbers are important to any business but so is quality customer service.
    Train more reps to solve customer issues rather then pawning them off on the next rep in line.
    The autodialer shouldn't call the customer 16 times before being removed for a short period of time and then re-added after a few month time period.
    Take more time to train your reps and stop treating them like a number.

Pretty cool

Current Employee - Technical Support & Sales  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Technical Support & Sales in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of cool people, laid back environment

Cons

Huge emphasis on selling, kind of makes you feel bad If you aren't selling very well

Don't act like jerks if you get asked questions

The home of "you won't get paid on that"!

Former Employee - Technical Support and Sales Representative  in  Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Technical Support and Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Health insurance starts day one "ish".

Cons

They raised inbound call center staff pay from 13.75 to 15.00 an hour and then got rid of most commissions. I have said this since my first job ever "when an employer changes the pay plan the house ALWAYS wins.". The cheap food sucks. There is always one out of 14 metrics that stops you from even interviewing for the next rung on the ladder. They sell domains but do not pay on them!!! I sold $3,000 in domains in one day (ZERO commission on that) and my boss kept walking around smiling stating that it was a great tear booster. I would love to boost his tear count.

You already put share holders ahead of employees and you have not even been approved to go public! Nice $600,000,000 loss over the last two years. Employees brought in $2,000,000,000 and management blew $2,600,000,000 over the past two years. Get rid of your FREE products since that is over 50% of your tech calls. Bring back proper commissions. "Well domains are cheap we should not have to pay on them." A one dollar domain at 15% commission would put .15 in an employees pocket and you blow 1.3 billion a year. I just want my $450 you cheapskates!

Worst Job Experience in my Life!

Former Employee - Cdt  in  Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Cdt in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Cool coffee machines and cheap food.

Cons

Have you ever seen the movie boiler room...enough said. The place is a scam at best. If I hated you, I still would not recommend them as a reputable organization to work for.

Learn how to be leaders and inspire people to do better. Most managers do not know their but from a whole in the ground.

Worked for GoDaddy? Contribute to the Community!