GoDaddy Reviews

Reset
3.4
GoDaddy CEO Blake Irving
Blake Irving

Pros
  • The company has great benefits, (in 31 reviews)

• There are good benefits and there are always opportunities for growth (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Overall its just a glorified call center (in 24 reviews)

• They spend an inordinate amount of time on HR processes and studies only to throw much of the data away; again perception (in 6 reviews)

1. Great Company

Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Free Benefits for full time employees. Great Christmas parties. Competitive pay. Set schedule. Subsidized lunches. Bonuses for most departments. 401k with company matching. Employee stock purchase program.

Cons

High sales quotas. Politics and tennure are main factors for promotions. Leadership is always changing so you never can get settled in with your supervisor.

Advice to Management

Focus more on employee happiness. Replace outdated computers. Review and increase ATS pay to be competitive with other departments and same position with other companies.

2. Premier Services Account Manager (Executive Account Manager)

Current Employee - Executive Account Manager in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Executive Account Manager in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Several opportunities for lateral movement to keep things from getting stale. Excellent pay and benefits as a whole. Because of the mini team structure (15 - 20 reps per supervisor), there is an excellent opportunity to get noticed and recognized for good work. In addition, supervisors will actively work to curate your career and secure your advancement in the company.

Cons

Over the years, the different departments have been semi leveled out as far as pay is concerned. At one point, moving from an entry level position to a position in billing or customer development meant a $20k per year increase if not more. Now, the bonus structures are built to be aligned with the company goals which means less focus on product retention and more focus on new product enrollment, the side effect being less pay for renewals which levels the playing field across the different departments.

Advice to Management

I think the company as a whole is headed in the right direction, despite minor hiccups. My only advise would be to continue down this path and not lose sight of the "spine" of the company which is the customer service team. There aren't any signs of this yet, but when companies go from privately owned to publicly traded, employees get nervous about there expendability. The reason this company has been so successful is because of the talent it's accrued via the pay standards which are enforced by the metrics that Godaddy has in place. Perfection through attrition has a negative connotation but it is a fair realty. If you want to make money, you have to be the best. That philosophy has made the company strong. If the mentality changes to "put butts in seats" for $12 and hour, then the quality of service will drop with the pay and overall, the company will become the corporate giant that it actively works to avoid becoming.

3. not a bad place to work

Current Employee - Billing Representative in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Billing Representative in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

The benefits are amazing, generous paid time off, health insurance, 401k match - most starting on first day of work

Cons

to make really good money you need to be able to sale - every position is a sales position

5. Godaddy Hosting Support

Current Employee - Advanced Hosting Support in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Advanced Hosting Support in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No insurance premiums. No micro-managing. Good training. supportive leadership. fmla. sick time. Vacation. easy bonus $. schedules. Holiday party.accommodating.

Cons

Sometimes Leads won't take sup calls. Sales are pushed more than customer support. Adding email ticket requirements to calls.

Advice to Management

Leave email support to the email support team. It stresses me out to the point I stay after work for hours to finish them without being paid. Take the sup call or train us how to de-escalate crazy people.

6. Good company to work for

Former Employee - Hosting Support/Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Hosting Support/Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Helps it's people develop skills for advancement

Cons

Very fast paced, didn't agree with their attendance policy "point system".

Advice to Management

Keep giving your reps the resources they need to succeed.

7. Small Business Consultant and Account Manager

Current Employee - Small Business Consultant and Account Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Easy-going, relaxed atmosphere and plenty of opportunities to move laterally, up or down. Management allows for personal improvement workshops, classes, etc. - and access to tools and resources to better help yourself and business accounts.

Cons

Flexible time off is not available for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

8. Operations Manager

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Chandler, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing Culture, Opportunities, and Compensation. I worked at GoDaddy for 9 years, and it easily was one of the most fun, challenging, and at the same time rewarding endeavors of my career. I made more than I expected, met an incredible group of people whom I still look at as my family, and gained a third degree's worth of education on how to work in a corporate environment.

Cons

Lots of Politicking required, and Questionable Choices from Upper Management. The company isn't without it's share of downsides. For one, if you want to move into management, be ready to give your life up. Now, it is a call center so you have to be flexible with your hours, and I knew that going in. What I didn't sign up for is having to take my work home with me constantly. When they say you're going to live your job, they mean it. I can't tell you how many times I've had to spend my nights and weekends slaving over a monitor making sure everything was being held together. It wears on you and your relationships... so just be ready if you want to take part. Also, upper management is incredibly disconnected from the floor. This may always be perceived to be the case in these environments, but that doesn't make it right. Decisions are made constantly that could have a near 50% impact on an agent's salary and compensation, and they're done without rhyme or reason.... or if there is one , that message is not communicated effectively to Sups or Managers. You're just expected to take it and if not, then you're labeled a troublemaker and forced out.

9. Site Reliability Engineer II

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Pros

Good place to work. Can learn a lots.

Cons

Company cutting down on bonus and very little rise.

Advice to Management

Good place to work.

10. Amazing Growth Oppurtunity!!!

Current Employee - Senior Manager of Quality Assurance in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Manager of Quality Assurance in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Technology Growth - Over the past few years, GoDaddy has embraced new technology and allowing teams to choose newer, faster, and more reliable tool-sets. People - Love working with these hard working and caring individuals. Our Customers - Yes, there are people who dislike what our brand use to be, but our customers mean everything to us. Vacation - Unlimited vacation time!!! Obviously, you need to accomplish all your work, but when its time to relax, you can relax in style. Vision - Our CEO is super clear about his vision for our company.

Cons

Pro and Con - Its a super fast paced company that requires a lot of time and effort. We like to get the job done and will fight through late nights and weekends to meet our customer expectations. Lots of changing that has occurred over the past few years, sometimes its hard to understand some of the changes.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep your employees in mind and keep up with the super clear communication.

Technical Support and Sales

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Pros

Fun Company to work for. Things may have changed since 2011. I have heard things are much more "corporate." Base Pay range from 13.00 hr + depending on performance and duration of employment. If you are great at sales and customer service you can double your pay from bonuses. When the founder of the company was heavily involved with operations of the company, life was TERRIFIC! I mean I loved my job and worked my butt off for the success of the company. Not sure what the new company culture and management are like currently.

Cons

The frantic pace of incoming phone calls can be brutal. Micro-Management by management can be a drag, you basically needed permission to get up to go to the restroom, or lectured by management if you took more than 3 minutes. Bonus structures constantly changing can affect morale. Just when you seem to be getting really great and making a nice living, they typically would make it harder to hit their metrics and for less money.

RSS Feed </> Embed