GoDaddy Reviews in Phoenix, AZ

Updated September 3, 2014
3.1

GoDaddy CEO Blake Irving
Blake Irving

Pros
  • Great Benefits (Although it will take you at least 90 days to get them) (in 24 reviews)

• Good hourly base pay, good benefits if you're single (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Transitioning from the call center to corporate is extremely difficult to do (in 18 reviews)

• Though, given the amount of time it's been since I was there - that may have changed (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

171 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

One of the BEST places I've ever worked.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I wake up every morning energized to come to work at GoDaddy - I feel like I have the BEST job in the world because of the way my manager makes me feel. I am empowered, supported, and given the tools and development I need to succeed and given the freedom to make mistakes (although I try to avoid them when I can!). I learn from everything and I am given the latitude to try new things. I love working at GoDaddy because of the challenging work and the PEOPLE. Our culture here is fun and the people are like family to me. I am always learning and constantly growing because of our amazing culture and the people here are supportive, fun, and intelligent. I am ALL IN because of the amazing culture, the opportunities to learn and grow, and because of the people. Great job opportunities. The culture and values at GoDaddy are positive and inspiring - we're here to make an impact and I feel a sense of pride.

Cons

We are still building our internal infrastructure - so we're scrappy - kind of like a start-up at scale. It's cool because you can make an impact and not feel like a COG in a wheel at a bigger tech company. GoDaddy still has a smaller-start-up feel - which I love.

Continue to listen to employees and focus on creating an employee-first culture. I love it here and hope that we continue to live our values and share our awesome culture with the world.

...:::BEST PLACE I'VE EVER WORKED 2 years now:::...

Current Employee - Billing Representative  in  Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Billing Representative in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Six Figure income as a billing rep! Amazing benefits, spiffs and contests/prizes. Great bosses. Casual dress code. This is a once in a lifetime place to work...that's how good it is!

Cons

Just waiting to move into our new building.

Keep doing what you're doing!

Great Company

Former Employee - Inbound Sales and Support  in  Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Inbound Sales and Support in Tempe, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Amazing place to work for people looking for a long term position you can grow into.

Cons

Upper management is very cliquey

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best company I have ever worked for bar none.

Current Employee - Customer Development Team  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Development Team in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Fresh to the company there is as much training in whatever discipline you chose after 90 days.

Cons

Sometime customers are unclear as to our level of support and they don't realize we want to provide them with the highest level of support possible.

Good Pay & Benefits

Former Employee - Technical Support and Sales Representative  in  Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Technical Support and Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay starts at $15 per hour (not many can compete with that) The benefits are fully paid from day one. Usually a few shifts to choose from. Great holiday party. People are pretty great. Good vibes.

Cons

Everyone works 1 weekend day, but that's common with most companies. Call center so it's back to back calls. Gets draining after a while. Not a fan of being a sales rep & tech support. those should be separate in my opinion. Training is okay. They teach you a little bit about the products. Hated the hosting calls. Nothing like that was taught in training. You kind of have to learn as you go.

Fun company, lots of benefits but...

Current Employee - Internet Sales and Service Consultant  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Internet Sales and Service Consultant in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for less than a year

Pros

The cool thing about this job is that unlike most call centers they dont give you a script. You can pretty much direct the call however you'd like. They also have what seems to be a very good incentive plan.

Cons

This job sounds great on paper but after working here for a month I realize its not all that its cracked up to be. This is the first job Ive had working in a call center. They provide a month of training but only about ten days of it is with your trainer and the remainder of the training they have you on the phones as an attempt to "give you a feel of the real thing" However, upon the completion of training and starting my actual shift, I quickly realized things were alot different when you were doing the real thing. First off, if you're working in the inbound department you have to deal with tech calls all day. The idea is someone calls in with a tech problem and you are expected to somehow turn that around and make it into a sale. As a new employee, I sometimes become frustrated with the tech questions people call in with for two reasons. One being that I dont feel I had suffiencient training to enable me to assist some customers with confidence. In training they literally have told me,"If you dont know the answer just tell the customer you are going to review their account while you place them on a brief hold, and then freak out, and come ask someone". Which brings me to part two, whenever I dont know the answer I attempt to ask my supervisor who looks at me like Im a complete moron, its as if he expects me to know all the tech stuff when no one has even taught it to me. SELL, SELL, SELL. Thats all they seem to care about. I've literally had my supervisor refuse to answer a question I have until I load a product into the customers shopping cart to offer them. Not very helpful when Im busy stressing over a tech problem.

I suggest spending more time in training going over technical things and less time on phones.

Amazed I made it this long

Current Employee - Inbound Tech Support and Sales  in  Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Inbound Tech Support and Sales in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits, 6 weeks time off (if you can get the time off approved), very liberal dress code, lots of opportunity for overtime,

Cons

Very sales focused through out the organization, lack of career development, lack of accountability for supervisors, the call center floor is dark, poor ventilated with no windows.

look at improving the physical environments especially the Gilbert call center, start promoting a technology driven culture instead of a "used car sales" atmosphere

The best job.

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great environment for growth in many aspects, fair and equal opportunity to contribute and move up the ladder. AMAZING PAY, if you preform well (very sales driven). Laid back environment with FANTASTIC benefits.

Cons

Work facilities could use some improvement however they are currently working on getting that fixed by creating a new location.

Keep up the good work.

GoDaddy Response

Aug 15, 2014Customer Care Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for the praise and we're glad that it's been an awesome experience for you. Having a great place to work is super important to us and we'll have that new location ready to go before you ... More

Not a designers dream....

Former Employee - Website Designer  in  Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Website Designer in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, environment, food, and perks. Worked with some very talented developers and designers who inspired me everyday. There is definitely a light feeling at work and the days can go by fast because its so busy.

Cons

Although I have heard its changing, I was poorly under paid, and management was worthless. Often management is hired externally, when they need to hire from within. There is really no opportunity to grow or move up, and they are cutting all corners before IPO

Get rid of Web site builder...... Do real web design, give credit to the behind the scenes people and not just they're management.

Current Employee in Customer Sales and Support. I have been here a year and a half.

Current Employee - Internet Sales and Service Consultant  in  Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Internet Sales and Service Consultant in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you enjoy being chained to your desk and on the phone 82% of every day (emailing customers counts against this), have no morals, go home feeling good about screwing not only your peers, but the customers over, and would put yourself in the same category as the slimiest used car salesman, then this is the place for you.

Cons

This job is very stressful. I leave the office exhausted daily. I left a good job to come to Godaddy under false pretenses. I was told it was a fun environment and I would make 20K more. It was a fun environment and I did make more for the first few weeks. Since they brought in new leadership to bring about the IPO things have gone downhill quickly. They have lowered our pay three times since I started. The last pay decrease we had a meeting with our director he praised us for having record sales numbers. In the next breath he told us that because we exceeded sales goals we also exceeded payroll budget because we are paid on commission. Instead of increasing payroll budget the decision was made to decrease our pay by 20%. When we brought up or concerns he said that the top reps will only miss out on $1K per paycheck and that he is OK with that. He said that those who do not like it can go find a different job that pays the same, inferring that we are not qualified. Well Tom, if godaddy hired you to push out all of your best people, the people that made godaddy what it is, and bring morale to the depths of despair, then you should get a raise sir. That is if the budget allows for it...

Prepare yourselves for a bumpy ride. Morale is in the toilet and everyone that I talk to is looking for a new job. I wasted a year and a half trying to stick it out, hoping that things would go back to the way they were before when Parsons ran the place, but I can't wait any longer. I found that better job and my last day is tomorrow. I won't be the last good rep that is lost to greener pastures.

Worked for GoDaddy? Contribute to the Community!