GoDaddy Reviews in Phoenix, AZ

Updated October 19, 2014
3.1

GoDaddy CEO Blake Irving
Blake Irving

Pros
  • Great Benefits (Although it will take you at least 90 days to get them) (in 30 reviews)

• Good hourly base pay, good benefits if you're single (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • Transitioning from the call center to corporate is extremely difficult to do (in 24 reviews)

• Though, given the amount of time it's been since I was there - that may have changed (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

178 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Experience, Stressful, Excellent Learning Experiences.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Been at GoDaddy for over 5yrs and it has been a great learning experience for sure. Benefits are awesome and the people are great as well. Plenty of opportunities to learn all kinds of new technology. GoDaddy has been very good on training and continuing education benefits.

Cons

Growth here is difficult, as that when people into certain positions that makes it very tough to move into something else cause they tend to stay there for a while. Work life balance isn't too bad, expect a lot of on call and some late nights when things have to be fixed or updated. The job can be stressful at time, but the end it pays off. GoDaddy expects a lot from it's employees for sure, "Work Hard, Play Hard"

More focus on career advancement and opportunities, seems over the past few years it has been way more difficult to move up or into something more challenging and people tend to languish in a dead end position with no hopes of moving forward, this results in people looking for other jobs elsewhere and we lose good seasoned talent at that point.

GoDaddy Response

Oct 21, 2014Customer Care Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for the great feedback about career-pathing. We hear you loud and clear and are working to improve our internal career development programs.

Good company

Current Employee - Internet Sales and Service Consultant in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Internet Sales and Service Consultant in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good company to work for

Cons

I didn't feel there was room for advancement

This is a company that truly invests in it's employees. The return on investment is quality employees

Current Employee - Customer Development Team in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Development Team in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The opportunity for advancement is limitless as long as you are ambitious. After 90 days, you can shadow other departments and apply for what you want.

Cons

This is a 24 hour operation, so some employees end up working holidays if there aren't enough volunteers.

Continue to request the feedback of the agents, so the company can continue grow and become more refined.

GoDaddy Entry Level Employee

Former Employee - Internet Sales and Service Consultant in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Internet Sales and Service Consultant in Tempe, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's a decent place to work. From my knowledge not exceptional compared to other companies of this kind.

Cons

As others have said, you need to provide technical support while trying to sell, sell, sell.

One or the other. Tech support or sales.

Great Company working on becoming like everyone else

Current Employee - Data Center Technician L2 in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Data Center Technician L2 in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company is making money

Cons

The company is staffing like they aren't making any money

The company was really great to work for but your drive to corporatize the organization is making it difficult to be excited about working here.

A legit IT employer in the Valley of the Sun

Former Employee - Windows Administrative in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Windows Administrative in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy (more than 5 years)

Pros

When I left, there was never any outsourcing and buy vs build was an honest question. Benefits were stellar and the staff was full of smart people. Probably one of the best IT shops in Arizona.

Cons

Sold to investors, quality of work started to go down hill to support cost cutting to improve balance sheets for IPO. Work/life balance was talked about but not always supported. Telecommuting was generally frowned upon. Also there are never enough parking spots.

Bring Bob back.

From customer service to QA Engineer

Former Employee - QA Engineer in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - QA Engineer in Tempe, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great people to work with. I was able to grow professionally and I am thankful for that. Amazing company holiday parties.

Cons

No flexibility in working remotely.

One of the BEST places I've ever worked.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I wake up every morning energized to come to work at GoDaddy - I feel like I have the BEST job in the world because of the way my manager makes me feel. I am empowered, supported, and given the tools and development I need to succeed and given the freedom to make mistakes (although I try to avoid them when I can!). I learn from everything and I am given the latitude to try new things. I love working at GoDaddy because of the challenging work and the PEOPLE. Our culture here is fun and the people are like family to me. I am always learning and constantly growing because of our amazing culture and the people here are supportive, fun, and intelligent. I am ALL IN because of the amazing culture, the opportunities to learn and grow, and because of the people. Great job opportunities. The culture and values at GoDaddy are positive and inspiring - we're here to make an impact and I feel a sense of pride.

Cons

We are still building our internal infrastructure - so we're scrappy - kind of like a start-up at scale. It's cool because you can make an impact and not feel like a COG in a wheel at a bigger tech company. GoDaddy still has a smaller-start-up feel - which I love.

Continue to listen to employees and focus on creating an employee-first culture. I love it here and hope that we continue to live our values and share our awesome culture with the world.

...:::BEST PLACE I'VE EVER WORKED 2 years now:::...

Current Employee - Billing Representative in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Billing Representative in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Six Figure income as a billing rep! Amazing benefits, spiffs and contests/prizes. Great bosses. Casual dress code. This is a once in a lifetime place to work...that's how good it is!

Cons

Just waiting to move into our new building.

Keep doing what you're doing!

Great Company

Former Employee - Inbound Sales and Support in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Inbound Sales and Support in Tempe, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Amazing place to work for people looking for a long term position you can grow into.

Cons

Upper management is very cliquey