GoDaddy Reviews

• Phoenix, AZ Area

1. Great Company

Former Employee - Inbound Sales and Support in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Inbound Sales and Support in Tempe, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Amazing place to work for people looking for a long term position you can grow into.

Cons

Upper management is very cliquey

2. Good Pay & Benefits

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The pay starts at $15 per hour (not many can compete with that) The benefits are fully paid from day one. Usually a few shifts to choose from. Great holiday party. People are pretty great. Good vibes.

Cons

Everyone works 1 weekend day, but that's common with most companies. Call center so it's back to back calls. Gets draining after a while. Not a fan of being a sales rep & tech support. those should be separate in my opinion. Training is okay. They teach you a little bit about the products. Hated the hosting calls. Nothing like that was taught in training. You kind of have to learn as you go.

Amazed I made it this long

Current Employee - Inbound Tech Support and Sales in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Inbound Tech Support and Sales in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, 6 weeks time off (if you can get the time off approved), very liberal dress code, lots of opportunity for overtime,

Cons

Very sales focused through out the organization, lack of career development, lack of accountability for supervisors, the call center floor is dark, poor ventilated with no windows.

Advice to Management

look at improving the physical environments especially the Gilbert call center, start promoting a technology driven culture instead of a "used car sales" atmosphere

5. The best job.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great environment for growth in many aspects, fair and equal opportunity to contribute and move up the ladder. AMAZING PAY, if you preform well (very sales driven). Laid back environment with FANTASTIC benefits.

Cons

Work facilities could use some improvement however they are currently working on getting that fixed by creating a new location.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

GoDaddy Response

Aug 15, 2014Customer Care Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for the praise and we're glad that it's been an awesome experience for you. Having a great place to work is super important to us and we'll have that new location ready to go before you ... More

Decent experience. Just your average call center job/environment. Sales, sales, sales.

Former Employee - Cdt in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Cdt in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You can make decent money in CDT but the bonuses are slowly but surely dwindled down over time. CDT is often referred as the golden handcuffs, as you take a huge pay cut to go into other departments. You can go into leadership but take a big hit in pay and the sups will not make as much as the best CDT reps. Health insurance is free, if you are single. Having a wife and kids- its not really any better then most companies. Bob Parsons founded the company and he put it on the map. He took really good care of his employees. KKR is the investment group who has a big stake in the company. The perks of the company are gradually chipped away. This is a sales job; you need to have that mindset starting here. You are paid fairly for the work you put in. The holiday parties are cool!

Cons

Some leadership is great and some not so much. This varies from department to department and who your supervisor is. The call centers are ran by a lot of condescending individuals who try to instill fear into their reps. The customer availability time was recently increased to 82%; you need to be aware of how much time you are off the phone as this will affect your paycheck. The company does not invest enough time (training) into the salesforce. The technology we use is subpar. The systems are slow and the hardware we use is not what one would expect from a technology company. The salesforce make the most revenue for the company and they are often treated the worst. Vacation time is based on availability ran by workforce. Needless to say, you have to request time off six months in advance if you ever want a Friday or Monday off. (This is relationship based, if you are in with the boys club you will get away with anything in the call center.) Over the last couple years the bonus structure is changing for the worse and seems to be trending in that direction as every other quarter there tends to be some perk or decrease in pay. In order to be successful at GoDaddy you have to "drink the kool-aid." Customer surveys need a better system as the wrong reps are punished, as they become the "fall guy" for another reps mistake. Promotions outside the call center are near impossible. Some senior managers genuinely care about the company and want to see change, unfortunately at this point their is a huge disparity with call center reps and salary employees regarding time off, micro management, team builders, work environment, and over all mentally and physically healthy environment. If you start in the call center you are pretty much stuck in it. You have to take a hug he pay cut to become a lead.

Advice to Management

Less micro managing.
    More training.
    Do team builders with your teams. Unless you are a supervisor or higher you can't have team builders- why? Why such an inequality?
    Focus more on quality. Numbers are important to any business but so is quality customer service.
    Train more reps to solve customer issues rather then pawning them off on the next rep in line.
    The autodialer shouldn't call the customer 16 times before being removed for a short period of time and then re-added after a few month time period.
    Take more time to train your reps and stop treating them like a number.

Current Employee in Customer Sales and Support. I have been here a year and a half.

Current Employee - Internet Sales and Service Consultant in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Internet Sales and Service Consultant in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you enjoy being chained to your desk and on the phone 82% of every day (emailing customers counts against this), have no morals, go home feeling good about screwing not only your peers, but the customers over, and would put yourself in the same category as the slimiest used car salesman, then this is the place for you.

Cons

This job is very stressful. I leave the office exhausted daily. I left a good job to come to Godaddy under false pretenses. I was told it was a fun environment and I would make 20K more. It was a fun environment and I did make more for the first few weeks. Since they brought in new leadership to bring about the IPO things have gone downhill quickly. They have lowered our pay three times since I started. The last pay decrease we had a meeting with our director he praised us for having record sales numbers. In the next breath he told us that because we exceeded sales goals we also exceeded payroll budget because we are paid on commission. Instead of increasing payroll budget the decision was made to decrease our pay by 20%. When we brought up or concerns he said that the top reps will only miss out on $1K per paycheck and that he is OK with that. He said that those who do not like it can go find a different job that pays the same, inferring that we are not qualified. Well Tom, if godaddy hired you to push out all of your best people, the people that made godaddy what it is, and bring morale to the depths of despair, then you should get a raise sir. That is if the budget allows for it...

Advice to Management

Prepare yourselves for a bumpy ride. Morale is in the toilet and everyone that I talk to is looking for a new job. I wasted a year and a half trying to stick it out, hoping that things would go back to the way they were before when Parsons ran the place, but I can't wait any longer. I found that better job and my last day is tomorrow. I won't be the last good rep that is lost to greener pastures.

8. Not a designers dream....

Former Employee - Website Designer in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Website Designer in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, environment, food, and perks. Worked with some very talented developers and designers who inspired me everyday. There is definitely a light feeling at work and the days can go by fast because its so busy.

Cons

Although I have heard its changing, I was poorly under paid, and management was worthless. Often management is hired externally, when they need to hire from within. There is really no opportunity to grow or move up, and they are cutting all corners before IPO

Advice to Management

Get rid of Web site builder...... Do real web design, give credit to the behind the scenes people and not just they're management.

The home of "you won't get paid on that"!

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Health insurance starts day one "ish".

Cons

They raised inbound call center staff pay from 13.75 to 15.00 an hour and then got rid of most commissions. I have said this since my first job ever "when an employer changes the pay plan the house ALWAYS wins.". The cheap food sucks. There is always one out of 14 metrics that stops you from even interviewing for the next rung on the ladder. They sell domains but do not pay on them!!! I sold $3,000 in domains in one day (ZERO commission on that) and my boss kept walking around smiling stating that it was a great tear booster. I would love to boost his tear count.

Advice to Management

You already put share holders ahead of employees and you have not even been approved to go public! Nice $600,000,000 loss over the last two years. Employees brought in $2,000,000,000 and management blew $2,600,000,000 over the past two years. Get rid of your FREE products since that is over 50% of your tech calls. Bring back proper commissions. "Well domains are cheap we should not have to pay on them." A one dollar domain at 15% commission would put .15 in an employees pocket and you blow 1.3 billion a year. I just want my $450 you cheapskates!

Pretty cool

Current Employee - Technical Support & Sales in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Technical Support & Sales in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Lots of cool people, laid back environment

Cons

Huge emphasis on selling, kind of makes you feel bad If you aren't selling very well

Advice to Management

Don't act like jerks if you get asked questions

11. Good job for the people, but otherwise it's highly stressful and too sales oriented. Either you fit in or you don't.

Former Employee - In-bound Sales Representative in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - In-bound Sales Representative in Mesa, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, commission incentives, experience, training, and you meet a good group of friends who you can work with. They teach you a lot of stuff.

Cons

High turnover rates due to sales, unfair promotion-ladders, some discrimination, always new leaderships, managers can be unsupportive and they give you a lack of direction.

Advice to Management

Management should care more about their employers than numbers. Not enough truth.