GoDaddy Reviews

It's go time

Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Salary and benefits
    Nice office.
    Fellows employees

Cons

Corporate culture.
    New executives are doing hostile takeover.

Advice to Management

Respect your senior employees

The good and the bad

Current Employee - C3 Development in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - C3 Development in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy

Pros

The holiday party is amazing, and there are many opportunities for management to show appreciation to employees. The company is very philanthropic, and the products are pretty good. Time off is good and benefits are very generous.

Cons

The management moves very slowly with things, and sometimes makes unrealistic promises that the underlings are then forced to comply with, even if it is physically and emotionally demanding. There are many people in roles that they are not suited or prepared for, and it makes everyone else's job much harder.

Advice to Management

Please pay attention to the work experience of all employees, not just high-level ones or customer-facing ones. Get rid of people who are not doing their job/performing so that the rest of us can move up and get stuff done.

Do not work 3rd shift Bilingual

Current Employee - Inbound Tech Support and Sales in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Inbound Tech Support and Sales in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay was good, benefits great,, some other minor perks like discounted food.

Cons

No support from Human Resources or managers whatsoever. While working there, my younger brother passed away requiring me to take time off. After leaving 15 messages, one person in HR called me back 13 days after the fact to explain benefits to me, which is not what I was calling about. They outsource leave and paperwork to Matrix (3rd party) and after jumping through hoops and completing my paperwork THREE times, they claimed they never got it. Godaddy supervisors are of no help either. Not one single supervisor (8 different sups in a year) knew who I reported to as I was listed on a bilingual team whose supervisor was second shift. The biggest issue was that being 3rd shift, no HR reps were available to us. I waited around most morning after my shift to speak with them but they rarely are in their office. Being part of certain cliques will get you advancement regardless of qualifications.

Advice to Management

Better training, more HR reps, keep your leave procedures in house and actually treat your employees like humans instead of just a body on the phone to sell. Improve your employment verification system for former employees. I have been unable to get a job and have been told by five different employers it was due to them being unable to hire me because they are unable to confirm my employment. Stop shafting former employees and get HR to respond to employment verification requests and get them to help all employees.

GoDaddy Response

Feb 9, 2015Director, People Operations

I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your brother and about your poor experience with the GoDaddy Human Resources team. As a leader in People Operations, I take this feedback very seriously ... More

5. Best job I've ever had

Current Employee - User Experience Architect in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - User Experience Architect in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Patent bonuses
    Other bonuses
    Flexible schedule
    Unlimited vacation
    Subsidized meals
    Unlimited coffee, snacks, beer, etc

Cons

Can be competitive and intense at times

Fun environment but a lot of constant change

Current Employee - Technical Support and Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Technical Support and Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fun work environment (ping pong, go carts, rock wall, etc.)
    Cheap meals for breakfast and lunch and provide healthy options.
    Most supervisors are cool to work with and help you get to where you're going.
    Great benefits, good pay, and plenty of opportunities to win things.
    Like to hire within more than outside (for tier two jobs like advanced tech support).
    Plenty of resources to get your job done.
    Endless career opportunities as they're always hiring!
    Good work/life balance. You work your 40 hours per week and they don't require overtime (but they do take volunteers when needed)
    They have a gym with lockers/showers/towel service.
    Also, if you're working on the phones, you will have a minimum sales tier you need to hit. It can be hard at times, but if you're good at talking with people, you won't have a problem with it.

Cons

Turning into micromanaging; constant change in management and employee policies.
    Not only do you have to call an attendance line to call out (which is totally fine), you have to call your supervisor and let them know you will be out too (even if it's at 3 am...weird!)
    If you are late and don't have sick time, you are on a final written warning for 1 year. If you are late while on a final written warning within that 1 year period, you will lose your job.
    "Availability" is how much time you're logged on to your computer. As much cool & fun things there are to do here, you really don't have any time to take advantage of it while on the clock. (but really, you should be working anyways.. right? ;) )

Advice to Management

I understand change, and that GoDaddy is a business that needs to be ran properly so they can provide the best customer service and make money, but it's starting to feel like we're in the first grade again, and not being treated like responsible working adults.

GOING DOWN!!!!

Current Employee - Cdt in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Cdt in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It used to be a really great place to work before the investors took over and said "not much will change". The only pro I can think of is you can make a lot of money if you want to work a lot of OT and on every weekend. If you like your pay going down every 3 months -this place will be great. If you constantly like being kicked in the stomach and being treated like a 10yr old-this place will be great.

Cons

EVERYTHING. This place is trying to go public so they are cutting down payroll so they appear to be much more desirable to investors. They change the tiers on a 3 month basis and every single time its horrible for the employees. If I had 4 pages I could tell you all the cons. Ive spent over 5 yrs here and they are so great at making it look like an amazing place to work but its all fluff. Only the developers get the new buildings and the cool things they show on the news. The guys on the phones get 7mins off the phones per day. 7mins!! Hope you dont have to go to the bathroom very often or they take your bonus checks.

Advice to Management

Middle management is ruining CDT. You are pushing out all the good reps that make the company a lot of money. The moral on the floor is horrible now.

8. ***AWESOME COMPANY, OUTSTANDING OPPORTUNITY AND UPWARD MOBILITY, GREAT ATMOSPHERE ***

Current Employee - Internet Sales and Service Consultant in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Internet Sales and Service Consultant in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I retired from 22+ years in the Navy just this past April. I was extremely nervous about my transition from the military to the civilian workforce. I heard great things about GoDaddy and decided to try it out. I am so glad I did! I love the GoDaddy culture, laid back yet professional. I was intimidated going to work for a tech company with limited experience, but the TRAINING PROGRAM WAS OUTSTANDING! Although I didn't need all the benefits due to my military retirement, the great benefits package start on DAY 1 of training. Most importantly, GREAT UPWARD MOBILITY! GoDaddy is all about retention, being well rounded within the company, and upward mobility. They recognize hard work and just about from day one, you have the opportunity to "shadow" other departments and get a feel about where in the company you want to go next. I love how they encourage you to strive for greatness.

Cons

It's hard to come up with cons about your company when you are so happy about your job. GoDaddy doesn't pay me for sitting at home and watching ESPN....is that a con?

was sad to go at first, now i see it was my ticket to better opportunities ahead

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

started out as a great company, the owner truly cared although really had no clue about software development. It was a good place to work. learned a lot about large scale development.

Cons

owner sold out, all of the things that made good company to work for started disappearing, a lot of people who worked there for a long time really got screwed in many ways. Along came the investors, and it was all about the numbers game. Many products where cancelled, people were secretly either forced out "you have 30 days to find a new job" or let go. Their main goal was do it under the covers and they made employees sign documents saying they would not discuss any of this, or would not get any severance. They then started hiring younger folks, willing to work more hours for less. The new building has things like a skate park, slides, and go karts, so take a guess what age range they are targeting for that ??

Advice to Management

nothing, the damage is done.

Ultimately a waste of time

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

* Free coffee
    * Free sodas
    * Discounted (terrible) lunch
    * Their paychecks don't bounce
    * If you can make it to your 10 year anniversary I hear they used to give out a nice watch. Not so sure about that anymore, but good luck anyway.

There's not that much positive to say, so I just need to write some more to meet the 20 word minimum.

Cons

* If you're in the Call Center you will be treated like a second class citizen (unless you can make tons of sales, at which point you'll be treated like Prince of the Second Class Citizens). There are two divisions at GoDaddy: Customer Care Center [C3] and Technical/Corporate [T/C], and the company acts accordingly: T/C gets everything and C3 gets the shaft. You WILL have a sales quota, despite what they tell you during the hiring or training process.
    * Gross, visibly unclean workspaces (one time they finally steam-cleaned the carpets and cubicles in the call center and it smelled like dirty, steamy feet in there for days afterwards).
    * Toxic, poisonous culture full of know-it-alls.
    * New investors are creating a good ol' boy network of their friends and forcing out longtime employees to do so.
    * Arbitrary review process that changes on a frequent basis and is easily manipulated by the company for THEIR benefit (i.e., finding a way to give you less of a raise at review time).
    * Company is slashing real benefits and replacing them with ridiculous things like skate parks and pedal car tracks (they're just marketing themselves to the new generation of employees they want, i.e., very young people willing to work for less and overlook silly things like good healthcare or vacation).
    * Company has wasted $$$$ on some weird open plan office that looks like it came straight out of an Ikea catalog. This has basically created a high school cafeteria atmosphere and no one gets any work done. I watched someone fly a noisy quadcopter around the office for over an hour while disturbing everyone else in the process.
    * Company typically fires a few people in most departments every July or August to make their numbers for the year look better. Several people in their Networking department have been let go to make room for friends of the investors, and more are exiting on their own since none of the new people running this department know what they're doing and are creating a terrible work environment. Also this summer they "laid off" several employees in their datacenter support department, then made the remaining employees work 80+ hour weeks to compensate, and then 3 to 4 months later are finally admitting it didn't work and are desperately trying to hire more. Somebody probably got a bonus for that though, because it looked okay for at least one quarter.
    * Upper management (especially C-level) is more interested in perception management and playing the cool guy game through personal branding.
    * Mid level management basically run their own personal fiefdoms.
    * Lower level management is utterly clueless, unresponsive, and spends most of their time in meetings hiding from their employees.

Advice to Management

None needed, they know exactly what they're doing.

GoDaddy Response

Dec 5, 2014Customer Care Talent Acquisition Director

Thanks for your feedback. We are working on updating all of our facilities with state of the art work spaces, exciting activities, and open care center structures to help reduce noise volume. We ... More

11. Gidaddy

Current Employee - Customer Care Lead in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Care Lead in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay good perks good people

Cons

No real cons. I've been happy here.

RSS Feed </> Embed