GoDaddy

Updated December 20, 2014
3.1

GoDaddy CEO Blake Irving
Blake Irving

Pros
  • Great Benefits (Although it will take you at least 90 days to get them) (in 31 reviews)

• Good hourly base pay, good benefits if you're single (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Transitioning from the call center to corporate is extremely difficult to do (in 24 reviews)

• They spend an inordinate amount of time on HR processes and studies only to throw much of the data away; again perception (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

189 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

One of the hardest, but most satisfying jobs I ever had.

Former Employee - Manager in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Manager in Tempe, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I had the ability to affect change on a grand scale and significant opportunity for career advancement. In 2010 the COO was 3 levels above me and KNEW me and the members of my groups. Figuring out how to work with such a huge environment was challenging and I had ample chance to feel accomplished.

Cons

Part of GoDaddy's success was that the highest levels took a deep interest in what was happening bellow them. This has it's plusses, but it negatively affected in that every level of my chain of command directly contacted me for information, often the same. Raises were not given with promotions, I received very nice merit increases with review process and one market increase, but still ended my time significantly under salary for my role.

Good company but still having growing pains.

Current Employee - SOC Analyst in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - SOC Analyst in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Things are slowly moving towards a more structured approach way of handling things. In the past there often seemed to be very little long range planning involved when it came to products. This is gradually improving under the guidance of recent additions to our executive team.

Cons

There is still a long way to go, especially when it comes improving outdated processes. I am also a little concerned that in the eagerness to remake our public image, we are becoming a clone of other big companies.

Reward the workers who do well, and drop more of the dead weight.

Exhilarating

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people are great, execs have passion, nothing but excitement and enthusiasm emanates from within
    Having worked in the high-tech industry for 20+ years, only now have I felt empowered

Cons

Internal tools a little wonky

Breath of fresh air

Great culture, great values and love the management!

Former Employee - Inbound Sales and Support in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Inbound Sales and Support in Tempe, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Multiple shifts, multiple departments and job positions make for great advancement opportunities if you apply yourself to your job and take pride in what you do. Pay is above industry average and PTO plans are very generous; management in the department works with their employees for PTO requests if the system automatically rejects them. Atmosphere is fun, although the work is hard, you do feel a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day and that you made a difference.

Cons

Their PTO management is horrible b/c of the system they use to manage people taking time off and their preset "max" for each department, which is set arbitrarily. You will only get your PTO for vacation approved if you are more senior or work something out with your department manager.

Get rid of your PTO management section - their archaic policies are the reason I looked for another job in the first place. Either increase your max allowable for PTO use depending on department or allow top performers more priority to get PTO requests approved.

Interesting place to work

Former Employee - Customer Development Team in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Development Team in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The starting pay was good for the time , but i believe itr may have been lowered since i worked there. Good benefits. Hiring process may be a bit awkward with multiple tests include a skill and some sort of standardized hiring test, but i understand its fairly easy to pass. Holiday parties are huge and usually a fun time, plenty of vacation and

Cons

When i was hired I was told it was for tech support and once i was a week in it was clear it was sales based, so just be aware. you will be given enough time to pick up the swing of things but if you really don't want to do sales then any of the entry level positions aren't for you.

requirements and procedures used to constantly change, but with new investors things may have changed

Used to have a great vision

Former Employee - Project Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits, Office Culture, and Compensation

Cons

Absolutely HORRIBLE management, especially on the CareCenter side. No one know how to manage people or make any change on doing whats right for the customer

Fire the whole CareCenter upper management. Hire people that didn't get the job because they've been there the longest or that they kissed TW rear on the way up. Hire people that will make the change to better support the customer and the people on the teams

So glad to have left

Former Employee - IT Professional in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - IT Professional in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The health insurance premiums and co-pays are a little better than market. The two dollar lunches are good and you can buy food as you leave for the day which makes for an inexpensive family meal.

Cons

So many things to write that there is not enough space. Managers are picked on the basis of who has been there the longest. There are constant insults being hurled in order to meet unrealistic deadlines. Annual reviews are pure fiction. In order to save money everyone is rated low. People leave like the place is on fire but there is no effort to replace them. They treat you the best when you give your notice in hopes that you will stay. The thing is many would have stayed had they been treated better all along.

Be more tolerant of people who have backgrounds and beliefs that are different than yours. Work on getting better benefits for all employees such as life insurance that is not 4 times more expensive than any other company in the industry. How many years does it take to call an insurance company and ask for a quote? Don't beat your employees down and then wonder why they leave. The only ones who will stay are those who can't find a job elsewhere.

Intense atmosphere

Former Employee - Inbound Sales and Support in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Inbound Sales and Support in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

The company does a great job of offering lots of prizes and incentives.

Cons

I felt like I was working in the cube farm.

Good job to fill a temporary void but don't expect to advance or not have to sell your soul

Current Employee - Professional Hosting Services in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Professional Hosting Services in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great pay! Great Benefits! In recent times they have allowed more wiggle room to advance into different departments as well.

Cons

High sales expectations. If you do not sale you will get fired. Company put more strict guidelines that make it harder to make a "bonus" and have a person stay on the phone for their whole shift minus a lunch and break. Unless you are a natural born salesperson I wouldn't reccomend this job to you

Management is really caring but I believe that the days of saying making a certain sales numbers or get fired are over. Also open more job positions that don't require sales. If people seen that there was a future with GoDaddy they might not quit or get discouraged showing up to a futureless job.

READ ALL THE 1 STAR REVIEWS, They Are 100% TRUE! Sorry Bob Parsons sold out!

Current Employee - Customer Sales and Support in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Sales and Support in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Weeks of vacation you can never use.

Cons

The list of the ways you can get fired or laid off are very long. Not selling enough, on your free tech calls, being sick to much, reporting management to HR, customers make up lies about you when you do not help them build their free website or if you can not fix the broke products which are broke because of down servers, things beyond a reps control, long commute, because they will not let you work at the office that is close to you, small dirty cubicles, you get the idea.

None, because they are not willing to listen to the lowly 24/7 365 days a year sales and support reps that keep their company running.