GoDaddy Reviews

Reset
3.3
GoDaddy CEO Blake Irving
Blake Irving

Pros
  • The company has great benefits, (in 31 reviews)

• There are good benefits and there are always opportunities for growth (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Overall its just a glorified call center (in 24 reviews)

• They spend an inordinate amount of time on HR processes and studies only to throw much of the data away; again perception (in 6 reviews)

1. Good job with room for improvement

Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Pays a living wage and has good benefits, allows you to live a healthy life with decent wages, paid sick/vacation time and good medical benefits.

Cons

Stressful at times, management means well I assume but are slow to react to workloads and do not seem to have access to the data needed to properly staff and compensate departments appropriately.

Advice to Management

We have business intelligence analysts, we should use some of them (or create a specialized analyst role) to identify and resolve stress points between departments internally.

Take the money and run!

Former Employee - Internet Sales and Service Consultant in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Internet Sales and Service Consultant in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy (More than a year)

Pros

High bonus potential - top 5% of company makes between 60-150K a year for a call center job
    Free health insurance for employee only
    Decent 401K matching
    Some really cool people work here, most of them are leaving or have already left
    People in corporate live the good life
    Job is easy as hell.

Cons

Just thinking about the place gives me a ton of anxiety so....

Yep, it's a call center - loud, uncomfortable, unhealthy, impossible to not bring the stress home.

Corporate is always hired externally. The days of internal promotions into corporate are over. If you are in sales, you will always be in sales.

Only 2 15min breaks and a 30min lunch. Otherwise you are OBLIGATED to be on the phones for 7hours and 24minutes. If you dip beneath this average for long enough you are fired. That's always fun to watch management chitchat/watch movies in their office/take 2 hour lunches all day when you can't even move!!

That being said, leadership loves to initiate witchhunts - especially towards more intelligent, higher performing people. The losers up top want to keep their cushy positions!

You will get burnt out very fast - I've heard of multiple suicides/sudden deaths over the past 2 years. Someone left the Tempe building on his lunch one day and blew his head off. Other people just drop dead.

The customers are "special" and are getting more entitled by the month. Have fun getting screamed at by someone who thinks you are their slave because they bought something for $12.

You have to get permission to leave your desk to ask questions. Like in kindergarten. Have fun buying new clothes for the inevitable 10-50lb weight gain.

Lots of people come to work high because it's so stressful.

HR is completely worthless. Most of the time it's better to read through the policies and do your own research.

If you are a woman, forget getting promoted into leadership unless you play the game really well (or are willing to be in an entry level position for 3x as long as the guys).

Advice to Management

Show us some respect and give us more downtime, add some diversity to the people who make decisions, listen to your workforce instead of just making us take surveys and never implementing real change, don't expect everyone to join the cult of GoDaddy, stop firing good people for tiny offenses and keeping "team player do-nothings" in management!

Know your skills

Current Employee - Internet Sales & Service Consultant in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Internet Sales & Service Consultant in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great job opportunity, amazing benefits the environment and the people you work with are ideal. They provide you everything you need in the building, forgot your lunch never an issue. Food is subsidized. If you are a sales driven individual, this is the job you will make a career out of.

Cons

Don't underestimate the job description, this is 100% a sales job. If you are good enough you will advance and find opportunities in other departments or continue working inbound/ outbound very successfully. You will find yourself working a lot of overtime in an attempt to reach your sales goals.

Advice to Management

Improve training, or be more upfront during interview process. Let interviewers know that if numbers are not met by the end of 90 day probation you will be unemployed. Do not deceit people into thinking sales or bonus are less important than technical support aspect. Your job solely depends on how well you meet those numbers.

High burnout

I worked at GoDaddy

Pros

Good pay, easy job, very good training

Cons

Very stressful, high burnout potential

Inbound sales and support

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free health benefits. I have to 20 words minimum so I'm writing this part just to fill in space.

Cons

Metrics and they don't make you feel wanted. Everyone is expendable. After you finish a call there is a survey sent to customers. When godaddy's products are broken (which is quite often) we have to tell customers we are working on it and we have no eta. Customers then fill the survey negatively, your job is literally based on these surveys. Oh, and if another employee does a bad job before you and you get that customer they fill out all 0's on the survey based on them. Your job is in the hands of the customer. In the 4 years I've been there I have lost 20k in pay cuts, and some friends have lost more. They don't train you on products well and they roll out new product before they should be.

Advice to Management

Change you metrics. Get rid of css. Stop firing people on mundane reasons, especially the long term employees

Hosting Support

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

decent base pay opportunity to make lots of money on bonuses, good benefits, the Tempe campus is AMAZING.

Cons

the gilbert office is awful, especially compared to the tempe location. cubicles are too small and close to other employees.

Advice to Management

dont implement a a whole bunch of changes at once.

8. Great Benefits

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

It's a great place to work and learn about the IT filed. There are many opportunities to advance your career or learn and move on. The health insurance is great. One of the best I have seen.

Cons

At times the company can't seem to figure out what they want to do. Reorganization happen often within the company and leadership is always scattered.

Advice to Management

Just do what you do, but remember who you are there for.

9. GoDaddy

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Decent pay if you're good at sales.

Cons

Constantly changing, in most ways, for the worse since KKR Silverlake purchased the company.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees. The secret to GoDaddy's awesome customer support was because your employees were always in such a great mood because you took care of them so well in the past.

Good team, executive team lacks diversity

Current Employee - Director in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Director in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Growing fast, great benefits, people who built the company are super friendly, fantastic new offices

Cons

Politics in the technology teams, there is a elitist attitude from "California" that shuns Arizona
    Lack of diversity in a very top heavy exec team (all good old white club, yea it's Arizona)
    Lack of career growth for engineering disciplines

Advice to Management

Reflect the diversity of your customer base and employees in your executive team.
    Focus on employees, customers and then shareholders, you have the wrong focus
    Promote trust within executive team and try to be genuinely interested in employee welfare

11. Software Engineer in Test

I have been working at GoDaddy

Pros

Reasonable work-life balance, good benefits,

Cons

The bureaucracy can be frustrating sometimes.

RSS Feed </> Embed