GoDaddy Reviews

Updated August 28, 2014
Updated August 28, 2014

GoDaddy CEO Blake Irving
Blake Irving

Pros
  • Great Benefits (Although it will take you at least 90 days to get them) (in 24 reviews)

• Good hourly base pay, good benefits if you're single (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Transitioning from the call center to corporate is extremely difficult to do (in 18 reviews)

• Though, given the amount of time it's been since I was there - that may have changed (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Company

Former Employee - Inbound Sales and Support  in  Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Inbound Sales and Support in Tempe, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Amazing place to work for people looking for a long term position you can grow into.

Cons

Upper management is very cliquey

The Best Job

Current Employee - Technical Support and Sales Representative  in  Hiawatha, IA
    Current Employee - Technical Support and Sales Representative in Hiawatha, IA

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great pay and benefits, environment for growth, Management is always looking for ways to help us grow and improve

Cons

additional in depth training would help.

Best company I have ever worked for bar none.

Current Employee - Customer Development Team  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Development Team in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Fresh to the company there is as much training in whatever discipline you chose after 90 days.

Cons

Sometime customers are unclear as to our level of support and they don't realize we want to provide them with the highest level of support possible.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good experience despite being in their inaugural internship program

Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at GoDaddy as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Sunnyvale office is awesome - free catered lunch, snacks and drinks for days!
    Opportunity for leadership even as an intern, and free trips to the company headquarters in Arizona to meet/hear from company execs
    Flexible team, ability to work from home, and choose your own projects/tasks

Cons

The team was a bit new to interns and what we were capable of, and it took a while (half of my internship) to really find tasks that were most appropiate to me.
    Development cycles at least in my team were fast but a bit too heavy on the planning.
    Spotty integration with the engineers themselves

Take more initiative in fleshing out what an internship should look like before the intern arrives (what type of problems they should have, what sort of projects are appropriate, a timeline of tasks/bugs to get familiar with the code base). Whether the internship is well suited for a potential intern is his/her decision to make - but an undefined internship will leave too many open ends that end up not helping either side.

Excellent for the right person!

Former Employee - Customer Sales and Support  in  Hiawatha, IA
    Former Employee - Customer Sales and Support in Hiawatha, IA

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for less than a year

Pros

GoDaddy has a lot of amazing and competitive benefits. Number one, they pay for your health care! What company honestly does that? Hardly no one. Vacation, commission, PTO, and so one. Also they have great opportunities to move up in the company, even within your first 6 months! Plus, they know how to really throw an amazing holiday party!

Cons

If you don't like a work environment that has you sitting in front of computer, on the phone and inside a cubicle for 40 hours a week, this job isn't for you! Also, if you are someone who doesn't like jumping through security hoops and has a hard time dealing with difficult customers, don't even think about it.

Make sure if an employee needs help and has been assigned a coach, make sure that coach is worth while and attentive. The company invests a lot into each employee and when one doesn't get the help they are promised, it is hard to do the job correctly.

Good Pay & Benefits

Former Employee - Technical Support and Sales Representative  in  Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Technical Support and Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay starts at $15 per hour (not many can compete with that) The benefits are fully paid from day one. Usually a few shifts to choose from. Great holiday party. People are pretty great. Good vibes.

Cons

Everyone works 1 weekend day, but that's common with most companies. Call center so it's back to back calls. Gets draining after a while. Not a fan of being a sales rep & tech support. those should be separate in my opinion. Training is okay. They teach you a little bit about the products. Hated the hosting calls. Nothing like that was taught in training. You kind of have to learn as you go.

Fun & energetic company

I worked at GoDaddy as an intern

Pros

Working at GoDaddy was always fun and exciting. It is a fast-paced quirky environment where your ideas are valued.

Cons

There were no cons for me working at GoDaddy.

Keep doing what you are doing!

The best job.

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great environment for growth in many aspects, fair and equal opportunity to contribute and move up the ladder. AMAZING PAY, if you preform well (very sales driven). Laid back environment with FANTASTIC benefits.

Cons

Work facilities could use some improvement however they are currently working on getting that fixed by creating a new location.

Keep up the good work.

GoDaddy Response

Aug 15, 2014Customer Care Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for the praise and we're glad that it's been an awesome experience for you. Having a great place to work is super important to us and we'll have that new location ready to go before you ... More

Great people, but a lot of pressure to sell.

Former Employee - Customer Development Team
    Former Employee - Customer Development Team

I worked at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

Great people, great benefits, and competitive pay.

Cons

The customer development is all about sales numbers. If you are not a sales person who is comfortable with pushing products over the phone, this is not for you.

Fun company, lots of benefits but...

Current Employee - Internet Sales and Service Consultant  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Internet Sales and Service Consultant in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for less than a year

Pros

The cool thing about this job is that unlike most call centers they dont give you a script. You can pretty much direct the call however you'd like. They also have what seems to be a very good incentive plan.

Cons

This job sounds great on paper but after working here for a month I realize its not all that its cracked up to be. This is the first job Ive had working in a call center. They provide a month of training but only about ten days of it is with your trainer and the remainder of the training they have you on the phones as an attempt to "give you a feel of the real thing" However, upon the completion of training and starting my actual shift, I quickly realized things were alot different when you were doing the real thing. First off, if you're working in the inbound department you have to deal with tech calls all day. The idea is someone calls in with a tech problem and you are expected to somehow turn that around and make it into a sale. As a new employee, I sometimes become frustrated with the tech questions people call in with for two reasons. One being that I dont feel I had suffiencient training to enable me to assist some customers with confidence. In training they literally have told me,"If you dont know the answer just tell the customer you are going to review their account while you place them on a brief hold, and then freak out, and come ask someone". Which brings me to part two, whenever I dont know the answer I attempt to ask my supervisor who looks at me like Im a complete moron, its as if he expects me to know all the tech stuff when no one has even taught it to me. SELL, SELL, SELL. Thats all they seem to care about. I've literally had my supervisor refuse to answer a question I have until I load a product into the customers shopping cart to offer them. Not very helpful when Im busy stressing over a tech problem.

I suggest spending more time in training going over technical things and less time on phones.

Worked for GoDaddy? Contribute to the Community!