GoDaddy Reviews

346 reviews filtered by
3.1
GoDaddy CEO Blake Irving
Blake Irving

Pros
  • Great Benefits (Although it will take you at least 90 days to get them) (in 31 reviews)

• Good hourly base pay, good benefits if you're single (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Transitioning from the call center to corporate is extremely difficult to do (in 24 reviews)

• They spend an inordinate amount of time on HR processes and studies only to throw much of the data away; again perception (in 6 reviews)

1. Supervisor

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good advancement, growth, excellent on the job development

Cons

work life balance could be better

Loyal Emplyee that focuses on Career growth alongside outstanding customer development building skills

Current Employee - Business Development Consultant in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Business Development Consultant in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy (More than a year)

Pros

Have gained great skills working here, now aquired business consulting skills with a knowledge for Online Presence.

Cons

Once it started to go corporate with the changes, not all of the changes were for the better.

Advice to Management

Re look at the changes are being made and how it affects longevity of employees happiness.

3. Sales position at Godaddy

Former Employee - Outbound Sales Representative in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Outbound Sales Representative in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy

Pros

Good work enviorment, benifits, good pay

Cons

Strict rule enforcement, high metrics, close confines

Advice to Management

Be real with your team, don't sugar coat the pitch

5. Great people, Bad repuation

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at GoDaddy as an intern

Pros

Great people, innovative, fast moving

Cons

Terrible reputation hurts resume and results in mockery

Advice to Management

Keep working on the brand. I expect a name change or logo change is coming very soon.

Apr 13, 2015

I'm so happy to hear that you recommend our internship program and that you enjoyed the people you worked with. I would love to speak to you more about what you're hearing in the market about our ... More

6. Advancement, appreciated

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

great benefits, feel appreciated, great advancement opportunities

Cons

There really aren't any cons. They take great care of their employees and make them feel like family

Advice to Management

bonus structure should be based on more than a couple QA's/mo and customer surveys

Apr 17, 2015Customer Care Talent Acquisition Director

Thanks for the great feedback! We're glad that you're having fun!

7. AMAZING employer!

Former Employee - Front of Site Sales Chat in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Front of Site Sales Chat in Tempe, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

What's not to love? They offer great benefits, have a ton of freebies, and always take time to show their employees they're appreciated. In my last month there, there was some sort of giveaway for each department, every day, including cash!

Cons

Most of their positions are sales-driven. It can be stressful if you're not meeting numbers but there is not one person in leadership who isn't willing to work with you to achieve your goals and perform better. Just like any other corporate job your opinion isn't going to hit the CEO's desk right away. But anything in question or if you see another alternative for addressing something they provide a forum for you to share your idea and other employees to vote on it. I've shared and voted on many ideas and can vouch that those, indeed, do get looked at by the appropriate people.

Advice to Management

Inbound Management: Focus more on your team and helping them grow professionally, not just hammering down on performing on the phones. That was my biggest 'dislike' at that entry-level position.

Apr 2, 2015Customer Care Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for the feedback! We work hard to make sure everyone is heard as every employee's voice has value. We've got more work to do but feedback like this helps us stay sharp!

8. GREAT PLACE TO WORK

I have been working at GoDaddy

Pros

The atmosphere is incredible.
    The Managers are friendly, helpful, and genuine.
    There are many opportunities for advancement and growth.

Cons

I really, truly don't have any cons about this place. Of course I'd rather have a 6 figure salary, but I'm a single mom of two kids with no college degree. The pay is fair and the atmosphere is fantastic. I couldn't ask for better with no college degree.

9. False Expectations

Former Employee - Inbound Sales and Support in Hiawatha, IA
    Former Employee - Inbound Sales and Support in Hiawatha, IA

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Positive environment among most regular associates, and some supervisory staff
    -Fun team-related decorations and competitions (although it often seemed forced and overdone)
    -Some flexibility with when you can take breaks or lunch depending on supervisor
    -Subsidized, healthy on-site lunches. $2 for a decent sized meal, $5 for double meal.
    -Pretty solid benefits package for an hourly job, despite being incorrectly or inadequately described during the hiring process and training.

Cons

-No opportunity to change shifts even w/satisfactory performance unless Supervisor and Manager approve
    -Horrible shift choices for new employees, often getting stuck with shifts that contribute to a lack of success
    -Recruiting strategy is to only tell half truths about job requirements, expectations, and ability to move up in the company
    -Very cult-like mentality, especially among Supervisors and Managers.
    -Management will seek retribution through various indirect methods toward employees that criticize or discuss areas of improvement for the company in any way
    -If you don't get along with your manager right away, you should quit immediately and try again in 90 days because once one manager doesn't like you (whether they have a good reason or not), half the supervisory staff doesn't like you.
    -During reviews, management will "subtly" suggest you quit while providing bogus advice on improving sales numbers even if only for one month
    -They tell you it is not really about sales numbers, but it is ALL about sales numbers
    -Used to provide bonus incentive for excellent customer satisfaction survey scores, but got rid of it. They then lowered the minimum standard for that score to something I felt a monkey with a banana phone could achieve and implemented a minimum call per day standard (because greater number of calls per day = more sales). This forces employees to choose between meeting minimum call per day requirements (which they must reach in order to get a sales bonus) and actually satisfying the needs of the customer. Unfortunate that the employer would put their associates in a position that incentivizes them to drag the company's reputation through the mud.
    -The only customers who appreciate your help are the same people that yell at you while you explain what Internet Explorer and Google Chrome are to them.
    -I was asked if I'd like to interview for a position in another department after a manger from that department sat in on some of my calls. I said yes. The following day I was told I would have the opportunity to interview and was given three times to choose from during the following week. The next day that manager decided to message me letting me know that even if I passed the interview I would not be considered for the job because my performance metrics were not sufficient, but that I could still interview if I'd like. This happened despite the fact that they openly stated they would be ignoring performance metrics for transfer applicants for anyone in their first 90 days, which I was.
    -About half the employees I spoke to believed that there was call queue manipulation, which is speculative, but doesn't seem unlikely
    -Human Resources duties are handled by a 3rd party offsite company with no direct line leaving employees very vulnerable to the whims of management and their interpretation and application of policies which change almost weekly

Advice to Management

-Please set realistic expectations for new hires and do not tell half truths during the interview, hiring, and training phases.
    -Be honest with applicants that what it takes to be successful in your entry level role is the ability to put the need or desire for a bonus check ahead of the needs and wants of the customer with some regularity
    -Management consists of many people that have too big of an ego or too much company pride. Frankly you could break the GoDaddy cult mentality by replacing about half of your veteran managers and supervisors with new people that have experience in other industries
    -Your annual self-survey should be available to complete outside of your facilities, as many employees expressed concern that it was not actually anonymous.
    -Come up with a training process that allows individuals to get the knowledge and help they need after the 7 day intro period without having to worry about sacrificing their bonus

Apr 20, 2015Director

Here at Godaddy we are always looking to improve the customer and the employee experience. In our Customer Sales and Service Representative role we are open 24 hours a day 7 days a week, so we have ... More

Database Administrator

Former Employee - Developer in Kirkland, WA
    Former Employee - Developer in Kirkland, WA

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company provides great perks, amazing location in Kirkland, WA., great benefits and bonus programs, conference participation and has some highly skilled development teams. The company has become very process driven, thus clear objectives are the norm. The top level management listens and shares a lot with all of the employees.

Cons

Employees within the company that have been around more than 5 years are generally very challenging to work with. The legacy mentality from the early days of the company are ingrained in the old guard, while the new employees, less than 4 years, are challenging the status quo with great ideas and technology solutions. There are pockets of legacy developers who bully there way along because of their tenure making the work environment toxic. Fortunately, this is only in a handful of areas and mostly isolated.

Advice to Management

Weed out the toxic employees at all levels and allow the best you have within the company to thrive and rise. Mid level managers and legacy code are a drag on success and will prevent pivots into future opportunities.

11. Good Company To Work For

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Good Culture
    -Lots of Benefits
    -Good Leadership

Cons

-Corporate Structure - some red tape
    -United Healthcare not always the best