GoDaddy

GoDaddy Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

GoDaddy CEO Blake Irving

Blake Irving

Pros
  • Great Benefits (Although it will take you at least 90 days to get them)(in 24 reviews)

• Good hourly base pay, good benefits if you're single(in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Transitioning from the call center to corporate is extremely difficult to do(in 18 reviews)

• Though, given the amount of time it's been since I was there - that may have changed(in 6 reviews)

It USED to be a great company to work for!

Cdt (Former Employee) Gilbert, AZ

ProsNo pros. GD used to be the best place to work for now it's the worst. I would not recommend this place to anyone. Stop treating your employees like they are stupid. They can see right through your lies.

ConsYou used to be able to work hard and be able to see it on your paycheck. Now they want you to work even harder and take away 90% of your commission. New management sucks and they pocket every dime they can.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop taking money away from your employees!

Bob leaving was the worst thing - KKR & Silver Lake will destroy all positives

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsAll my pros are "Used to be" pros - benifits are no longer outstanding, now comparable or worse than everyone else, including insurance and PTO. Unless you are in the Technical/Corporate side of things then forget working from home, or getting days off.

ConsLeadership is reactive not proactive, they don't listen to customers or employees. Everyone is just "I don't want to get fired this week" - not excited or thrilled to be there anymore. After almost a decade there the new management killed the spirit. Sales agents must be shady in order to even dream of the bonuses that used to be incredible and reachable. Money Grubbing is the best word I can use to describe the management now.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust stop or sell the company already.

Wasted 9 months getting nowhere

Internet Sales and Service Consultant (Former Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsAwesome people on my team and SOME supervisors are very helpful and understanding. I learned more than I'd ever thought I'd learn, especially considering this we my first tech support job.

ConsNotice I said "some" supervisors? Yeah probably less than 20% of the management is nice like that. I had 2 supervisors while I was there and the 2nd one was so awful, she was the main reason I left Go Daddy. First of all, DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE. In training, they make it sound like sales aren't that important and everything will be easy and it's not hard to move up or switch to a different department. This is a total and complete lie. I tried to switch departments 5 times, and was denied every single time. Also, this is completely a SALES job. They pretend to care about customer surveys and tech support, but in my whole time there, the only thing I ever got in trouble for was low sales numbers. They NEVER cared that I had consistently had the best customer reviews on my team and the least complaints, ALL THAT MATTERS IS THE $$$. Combined with the constant verbal abuse, managements' complete lack of knowledge about the products they push us to sell and the insane amount of time you're expected to be on the phones, it made for one of the worst job experiences I've ever had.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to force people to rush through calls if there's no obvious sales opportunity because those customers just end up calling back even more pissed off that their problem didn't get fixed. Also, a total re-vamp of leadership is definitely needed. Get some people in the ranks who actually know products, are willing to help their reps and won't run away from a sup call!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Used to be a good company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Gilbert, AZ

ProsGood health insurance packages, used to be a fun environment. Made good friends.

ConsNo commitment to the employees, no second chances, horrible management, IPO focused and nothing else matters.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe there for your employees, back them up when they merit it, and be available - less meetings.

It was the best of times... It was the worst of times...

Inbound Sales and Support (Former Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsCoworkers. You will form some of the best relationships with people that work there. I would not give up the friendships gained.

In the beginning it was amazing, I never had a job that I was excited to wake up and go to work before.
    But I guess all good things must come to an end right?

ConsManagement. Leadership.
    If you are great at wearing that fake smile and pretending you are there for your employees then you are perfect candidate for the leadership career path. Prerequisites are not knowing your rear from a whole in the ground and the ability to go in dry with little to no remorse.

It's no longer what's best for the customer and employee, it's all about money. Everything went downhill as soon as Bob was forced out of the picture.

Advice to Senior ManagementC3 Managers, you are dealing with peoples lives here, not drones. It's no wonder this company has such a high turnover rate. Do what's right for the employee, they will then go out out of their way to help the customers, which will then naturally cause the company to profit.

Who's your Micro-Daddy ?

Manager (Former Employee)

ProsCool Logo and Danica Sue Patrick

ConsIdentity crisis. They don't know what they want to be when they grow up.
    Serious lack leadership ( there was one guy who "got it" and he's gone)
    Waaaaaaay to many chiefs, not enough Indians. The CEO is good, but some of the folks he's brought in are doing significant damage. He's basically trusting the wrong folks...

Advice to Senior ManagementGo public FAST, the clock is ticking for many of your key folks

Used to have a great vision

Project Manager (Former Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsGood benefits, Office Culture, and Compensation

ConsAbsolutely HORRIBLE management, especially on the CareCenter side. No one know how to manage people or make any change on doing whats right for the customer

Advice to Senior ManagementFire the whole CareCenter upper management. Hire people that didn't get the job because they've been there the longest or that they kissed TW rear on the way up. Hire people that will make the change to better support the customer and the people on the teams

So glad to have left

IT Professional (Former Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsThe health insurance premiums and co-pays are a little better than market. The two dollar lunches are good and you can buy food as you leave for the day which makes for an inexpensive family meal.

ConsSo many things to write that there is not enough space. Managers are picked on the basis of who has been there the longest. There are constant insults being hurled in order to meet unrealistic deadlines. Annual reviews are pure fiction. In order to save money everyone is rated low. People leave like the place is on fire but there is no effort to replace them. They treat you the best when you give your notice in hopes that you will stay. The thing is many would have stayed had they been treated better all along.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more tolerant of people who have backgrounds and beliefs that are different than yours. Work on getting better benefits for all employees such as life insurance that is not 4 times more expensive than any other company in the industry. How many years does it take to call an insurance company and ask for a quote? Don't beat your employees down and then wonder why they leave. The only ones who will stay are those who can't find a job elsewhere.

READ ALL THE 1 STAR REVIEWS, They Are 100% TRUE! Sorry Bob Parsons sold out!

Customer Sales and Support (Current Employee) Gilbert, AZ

ProsWeeks of vacation you can never use.

ConsThe list of the ways you can get fired or laid off are very long. Not selling enough, on your free tech calls, being sick to much, reporting management to HR, customers make up lies about you when you do not help them build their free website or if you can not fix the broke products which are broke because of down servers, things beyond a reps control, long commute, because they will not let you work at the office that is close to you, small dirty cubicles, you get the idea.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone, because they are not willing to listen to the lowly 24/7 365 days a year sales and support reps that keep their company running.

Used to be good.

Website Designer (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

Pros$2 lunch (Although it is crappy food),

ConsUnrealistic goals in design department, No sense of leadership, Poor quality designs, no ongoing training, Very restrictive website builder.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis department has lost more than half of its staff in the last 12 months because of really bad management and low pay. Just shut down department if you are not willing to be a competitor in the workplace or you will continue to lose people.

Worked for GoDaddy? Contribute to the Community!