GoDaddy Reviews

338 reviews filtered by
3.1
GoDaddy CEO Blake Irving
Blake Irving

Pros
  • Great Benefits (Although it will take you at least 90 days to get them) (in 31 reviews)

• Good hourly base pay, good benefits if you're single (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Transitioning from the call center to corporate is extremely difficult to do (in 24 reviews)

• They spend an inordinate amount of time on HR processes and studies only to throw much of the data away; again perception (in 6 reviews)

GoDaddy a waste of your time.

Former Employee - Internet Tech in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Internet Tech in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I can't find anything positive to say, the training was aweful, the supervisors were aweful, they treated everyone like garbage.

Cons

They would not let you transfer - made you make customers hold sometimes for over and hour and would instruct you the whole time to go back and sell them something, and even though they knew the problem would be outside of your area at times would force you over and over to do things they knew would upset customers, then blame you for the bad call.

LOL, Management, what a hoax. You have people that have a background in working as a retail cashier and could care less about anything other than getting out of doing any work as managers and trainers.

2. AVOID web design department

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are good. (Can't complain about free health insurance for employees!) Quarterly team-building events are nice.

Cons

Very silo-oriented culture. Nearly impossible to move out of the 'selling/customer service' silo and into 'technical/corporate'. Opportunities (to advance or keep your job) subject to strong favoritism.
    Focus is on quantity, not quality. For web design department, that is a mistake. Company is now dishing out generic, pre-made, pre-populated pages, yet still presenting itself as custom design service.
    ** If you are a designer, consider if you can sacrifice your creativity before applying here. **
    "Design" work is limited to changing a company's name and logo in the pre-made site templates.
    Routinely low customer satisfaction scores speak volumes.

"Growing pains" are to be expected. However, what is happening in web design team is beyond that. The department used to be a team that other GoDaddy employees aspired to join. Shady values and practices of PWS management (Supervisors, Managers, Director) are taking their toll and should be closely scrutinized. Employees are now being told by Supervisors to not voice their opinion(s) about the company.

Very Questionable Business Pracices

I worked at GoDaddy

Pros

Good pay and benefits. Fair and honest coworkers. Christmas party! Do not work for them!

Cons

It used to be a really great place to work, but not anymore. Corporate culture. Nepotism. Hostile takeovers all around. Hope you don't have to go to the bathroom very often, or they take your bonus checks.

Continue to improve products. Review company policies to provide respect to customers, because the current strategy focuses on hooking a customer and then never letting them go!!!

Sales, sales, sales!

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Lots of perks to keep you distracted, if you have time to use them. Decent pay and benefits. Christmas party is insane.

Cons

I'll try to keep this succinct. They really try to sell you in training that they focus on customer service as much as your sales. But when told while on the phone with a customer that I should tell him to buy a product or tell him we won't help him with the lesser one(our product as well) he already has, that is all about the sale. Without getting too verbose I'll just say it again, sales, sales, sales.

Nothing that hasn't already been said in other reviews. Maybe, concentrate more on the strengthening of your current employees rather than on hiring countless more bodies for sales and future IPO boosting.

Feb 10, 2015Director, People Operations

Our employee environment is an incredibly important factor in our continued success. To that end, we like to think that our benefits, pay, parties and other incentives are top notch. It sounds like ... More

It's go time

Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Salary and benefits
    Nice office.
    Fellows employees

Cons

Corporate culture.
    New executives are doing hostile takeover.

Respect your senior employees

Do not work 3rd shift Bilingual

Current Employee - Inbound Tech Support and Sales in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Inbound Tech Support and Sales in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pay was good, benefits great,, some other minor perks like discounted food.

Cons

No support from Human Resources or managers whatsoever. While working there, my younger brother passed away requiring me to take time off. After leaving 15 messages, one person in HR called me back 13 days after the fact to explain benefits to me, which is not what I was calling about. They outsource leave and paperwork to Matrix (3rd party) and after jumping through hoops and completing my paperwork THREE times, they claimed they never got it. Godaddy supervisors are of no help either. Not one single supervisor (8 different sups in a year) knew who I reported to as I was listed on a bilingual team whose supervisor was second shift. The biggest issue was that being 3rd shift, no HR reps were available to us. I waited around most morning after my shift to speak with them but they rarely are in their office. Being part of certain cliques will get you advancement regardless of qualifications.

Better training, more HR reps, keep your leave procedures in house and actually treat your employees like humans instead of just a body on the phone to sell. Improve your employment verification system for former employees. I have been unable to get a job and have been told by five different employers it was due to them being unable to hire me because they are unable to confirm my employment. Stop shafting former employees and get HR to respond to employment verification requests and get them to help all employees.

Feb 9, 2015Director, People Operations

I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your brother and about your poor experience with the GoDaddy Human Resources team. As a leader in People Operations, I take this feedback very seriously ... More

GOING DOWN!!!!

Current Employee - Cdt in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Cdt in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It used to be a really great place to work before the investors took over and said "not much will change". The only pro I can think of is you can make a lot of money if you want to work a lot of OT and on every weekend. If you like your pay going down every 3 months -this place will be great. If you constantly like being kicked in the stomach and being treated like a 10yr old-this place will be great.

Cons

EVERYTHING. This place is trying to go public so they are cutting down payroll so they appear to be much more desirable to investors. They change the tiers on a 3 month basis and every single time its horrible for the employees. If I had 4 pages I could tell you all the cons. Ive spent over 5 yrs here and they are so great at making it look like an amazing place to work but its all fluff. Only the developers get the new buildings and the cool things they show on the news. The guys on the phones get 7mins off the phones per day. 7mins!! Hope you dont have to go to the bathroom very often or they take your bonus checks.

Middle management is ruining CDT. You are pushing out all the good reps that make the company a lot of money. The moral on the floor is horrible now.

sales

I have been working at GoDaddy

Pros

Fun Place, lots of nice coworkers

Cons

Keeps cutting bonus, Company is going downhill

none

I worked at GoDaddy

Pros

Do not work for them!

Cons

I think it's disgraceful that this company fired more than twenty security guards before Christmas. Also, not paying the holiday pay they were promised. Real nice.

This is a sales company, literally every position.

I worked at GoDaddy

Pros

- Great Benefits for a call center.
    - Holiday Party is pretty awesome
    - The Tempe facility is pretty cool
    - Blake Irving seems like he is trying to right the ship

Cons

- Everything is sales, very little focus on tech. Even managerial staff in tech focused departments (Hosting, SSLs, etc.) have little to no tech experience and were bred for sales.
    - Micromanagement of employees to focus on sales over technical review. Including giving wrong information to customers with little accountability
    - C3 (tech support) has no ability to ever get off the phones. At the time fo my leaving there was a 5 minute rule. Everyone (including advanced tech support who were contacts for normal agents) were forced to go on the phones and take normal calls and be pushed to sell. If you are in C3 and want to be anything but a manager get out.
    - Managment is not able to give recommendations to employees for any other company. They have a rule that if you leave the company they can only tell other employers that you are no longer working there and the final position you held. They cannot say if you were a good or bad employee or if you were fired. Why would I stay with a company that I have no chance of moving to anything besides middle management in a non-tech field and I wouldn't even get a good letter of recommendation.
    - Constant raising of sales goals over all else. Most employees are required to meet a $350 minimum in sales daily (more if you are in sales focused positions like CDT Outbound marketing) but managers who are paid on how much the team sells push for a higher sales rate. This will include talks about how you may not be a good fit for this company if you can't exceed the arbitrary sales goals.
    - Management will literally play games in front of employees and refuse to help with problems. This will include a makeshift bocce ball course in the CDT office, a putting green, and impromtu football throwing over cubicles. Employees are so stressed about meeting their utilization (92% when I left) and meeting sales goals that it is a slap in the face.
    - Dude bro culture. Managment is 99% men. Don't be a woman, POC, or queer person in C3 or you will get no support and expect to feel ostracized by managment. CDT is the worse for this because it is all men.

- Continue to improve products.
    - Give C3 a chance to get out of C3.
    - Make accountability for people who are super sales focused and don't give a crap about tech.
    - Middle management is a joke and we don't even need them if there was more tech competent people running teams.

Dec 19, 2014Director, People Operations

We are actively working toward building out a formalized set of career path for our talent so they can grow. 48% of our hires are internal moves. Personal and professional growth is more than just ... More