GoDaddy Reviews

1. Grown substantially – always improving

Current Employee - Technical Writer in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Technical Writer in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at GoDaddy

Pros

Generous benefits and time-off policies

Cons

Bureaucracy stifles innovation. Product planning lacks vision often times.

Adopt agile methodology across the entire company

Very Questionable Business Pracices

I worked at GoDaddy

Pros

Good pay and benefits. Fair and honest coworkers. Christmas party! Do not work for them!

Cons

It used to be a really great place to work, but not anymore. Corporate culture. Nepotism. Hostile takeovers all around. Hope you don't have to go to the bathroom very often, or they take your bonus checks.

Continue to improve products. Review company policies to provide respect to customers, because the current strategy focuses on hooking a customer and then never letting them go!!!

3. Awesome Company, Hated Phones

Former Employee - Technical Support and Sales Representative in Cedar Rapids, IA

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (less than a year)

Pros

BENEFITS
    Pay for the type of job
    Management is Great

Cons

It's a phone job
    Customers can be grouchy

Keep on keeping on

Classic Case of Over Promising, Under Delivering

Former Employee - Customer Sales and Support in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Former Employee - Customer Sales and Support in Cedar Rapids, IA

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Health/401K Benefits are great and hard to beat. They offer subsidized meals for employees--good food options for $2. Tons of training available if you have the availability to fit it into your schedule. Good Employee Assistance Programs--therapy, childcare discounts, etc.

Cons

They want you think that GoDaddy is awesome but it's really high stress. They OWN you. They can put you on a set shift (Tuesday-Saturday from 8-5) and then change you to a COMPLETELY new shift (Sunday-Thursday from 3pm-12pm) with one week's noticet. If you don't like it, then you are suggested to find a new job.

Your work environment is a low wall cubicle where you sit for 8+ hours a day with an uncomfortable headset on. They like to pretend like it's not a call center...but it's a call center. The leadership is unqualified and doesn't get things accomplished. They promise one-on-one's for employee well-being and performance initiatives but it doesn't happen unless you are in trouble. NOT FLEXIBLE AT ALL! Yes, you get 4 weeks of vacation but you work all holidays if they fall on your schedule and only one person per team of 20 can have a day off at a time. Therefore, if you have a vacation coming up, you need to get it approved at least 8 months in advance and even then there is no guarentee that it will be awarded to you. Most schedules require working a Saturday or a Sunday or 2nd/3rd shift--good luck trying to get off of that by the way and don't you dare believe them when they say you will move off it eventually. Shift bids are based on metrics so if you are consistently good but don't have a great bonus period, you won't get to move.

Despite what the company wants you to think, GoDaddy's customers SUCK. They are rude and clueless and the worst part is that when someone starts calling you names OVER and OVER again, you can't hang up on them. Supervisors always say that if you feel threatened or are uncomfortable being on the phone that you can always give the call to them but when it comes down to it, they won't take it. Instead you get to be verbally abused by at least 20% of your customers for the day and then punished if you need to take an unscheduled break so you don't freak out on them. Speaking of breaks, you get 3. 2 15 minute breaks and 1 30 minute lunch break. You also have a team meeting every day that lasts for 10-20 minutes. All of your time off the phone is tracked and if your phone availability drops below 82% (which is very easy to do) then you lose your bonus.

By the way, GoDaddy's e-mail fails......A LOT. So when there are e-mail outages, you get to take calls from people upset that they cannot conduct business. Good luck selling anything on those days....but just so you know, you're still expected to.

Fire everyone in upper management in Cedar Rapids and start over.

GoDaddy Response

Feb 10, 2015Vice President Customer Care

Thanks for posting your commentary. I’d like to take a moment to address your concerns.

From the outside looking in, we could be classified as a call or contact center but at GoDaddy we believe
    ... More

Great place to start a sales career.

Current Employee - Sales in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (more than a year)

Pros

High level of compensation if you perform.

Cons

Lots of strict metrics to be held accountable by ends up making you feel like a robot.

Use to be good

Former Employee - Internet Sales and Service Consultant in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Internet Sales and Service Consultant in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Training, Supervisors, Benefits, Commissions, co-workers

Cons

Favoritism, no room to grow or move, no opportunity to get a raise, customers are terrible, bad policies.

Get back to the basics that made GoDaddy a great company to work for and to work with back in the good old days.

GoDaddy Response

Feb 10, 2015Director, People Operations

Our career development and internal mobility programs are constantly evolving forward to actively address the first two concerns. Our bonus structure in our customer care roles allows our employees ... More

Gone downhill

Current Employee - Sales and Support-SSL/HE in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales and Support-SSL/HE in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You get a good healthcare plan and 401k

Cons

Job has no work/life balance in SSL/HE due to shift bid
    Insane sales pressure
    Customers are not savvy enough to use our products and consistently sold the wrong things
    Customers will be demeaning, abusive, and rude and you can't defend yourself
    Bonus pay has been reduced year in and year out in my dept.
    Upper management doesn't care about that at all
    New tools have made doing the job harder

Just stop trying to pretend you can make a good living here.
    Stop pretending every product GoDaddy makes is flawless and customers need everything we make

Not perfect but overall a great tech company to work for

Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There's a lot of great opportunity for advancement here, especially if you're a "GoGetter." I also think it's a great opportunity to learn a lot of really deep technical expertise at a very large software company. The benefits are good overall but appear to have been declining, or perhaps just changing, in the recent years. Most importantly, I think the vision is awesome and I really truly believe that we are poised to change the world in favor of small business.

Cons

GoDaddy is SUPER fast-paced. Depending on your personality, this may be a good or bad thing.

Middle-level managers would benefit from more management training.

Great place to work

I worked at GoDaddy

Pros

Personal development, great culture. GoDaddy gives you the opportunity to try multiple different directions, and figure out "what you want to be when you grow up".

Cons

Upper management has lost site of what Dr. Parsons was trying to do with the company. They no longer look to promote from with-in, and force you to go elsewhere once you are ready to take the next step in your career.

Don't lose sight of what got you where you are...

The web we have weaved

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy

Pros

Decent salary if you come from outside the company
    Benefits are decent
    Bonus is decent
    Vacation is approved by manager, not accrued

Cons

Salary is unfair if transferring from internal
    Benefits seem to be on the decline
    Very stressful

Get a clue to the happiness of your employees.