GoDaddy Reviews

Reset

1. Good company to work for

Former Employee - Hosting Support/Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Hosting Support/Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Helps it's people develop skills for advancement

Cons

Very fast paced, didn't agree with their attendance policy "point system".

Advice to Management

Keep giving your reps the resources they need to succeed.

If you like sales...

I worked at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

Potential to earn a lot of money if you are good at "consulting" customers to either stick around or upgrade their accounts

Cons

Incredibly numbers driven. You will be asked how much you've sold multiple times a day by your sup. It can be incredibly overbearing.

3. Small Business Consultant and Account Manager

Current Employee - Small Business Consultant and Account Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Easy-going, relaxed atmosphere and plenty of opportunities to move laterally, up or down. Management allows for personal improvement workshops, classes, etc. - and access to tools and resources to better help yourself and business accounts.

Cons

Flexible time off is not available for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

5. Great Company Culture

I worked at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

Awesome sales bonus, great company culture over all.

Cons

Lower level Supervisors seem to have forgotten what the company was founded on.. My biggest complaint - and one of the reasons I chose to leave the company, is that when a customer calls in wanting to speak to a supervisor - the sups will not take the call, instead we were directed to tell them that they will talk to them if they want to complain about US as an agent, otherwise they would not take the call. I'm not sure at what point that became an acceptable resolution to a Sup call - but.. it didn't do anything to better customer relations, or employee moral.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to go back to principals that the company was founded on and remind supervisors where they started and the support that they themselves received to become successful.

6. Operations Manager

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Chandler, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing Culture, Opportunities, and Compensation. I worked at GoDaddy for 9 years, and it easily was one of the most fun, challenging, and at the same time rewarding endeavors of my career. I made more than I expected, met an incredible group of people whom I still look at as my family, and gained a third degree's worth of education on how to work in a corporate environment.

Cons

Lots of Politicking required, and Questionable Choices from Upper Management. The company isn't without it's share of downsides. For one, if you want to move into management, be ready to give your life up. Now, it is a call center so you have to be flexible with your hours, and I knew that going in. What I didn't sign up for is having to take my work home with me constantly. When they say you're going to live your job, they mean it. I can't tell you how many times I've had to spend my nights and weekends slaving over a monitor making sure everything was being held together. It wears on you and your relationships... so just be ready if you want to take part. Also, upper management is incredibly disconnected from the floor. This may always be perceived to be the case in these environments, but that doesn't make it right. Decisions are made constantly that could have a near 50% impact on an agent's salary and compensation, and they're done without rhyme or reason.... or if there is one , that message is not communicated effectively to Sups or Managers. You're just expected to take it and if not, then you're labeled a troublemaker and forced out.

Internet Sales Consultant & Tech Support

Pros

Very Professional and great environment

Cons

Kind of an intimidating atmosphere at first

Advice to Management

keep it real

8. Amazing Growth Oppurtunity!!!

Current Employee - Senior Manager of Quality Assurance in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Manager of Quality Assurance in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Technology Growth - Over the past few years, GoDaddy has embraced new technology and allowing teams to choose newer, faster, and more reliable tool-sets. People - Love working with these hard working and caring individuals. Our Customers - Yes, there are people who dislike what our brand use to be, but our customers mean everything to us. Vacation - Unlimited vacation time!!! Obviously, you need to accomplish all your work, but when its time to relax, you can relax in style. Vision - Our CEO is super clear about his vision for our company.

Cons

Pro and Con - Its a super fast paced company that requires a lot of time and effort. We like to get the job done and will fight through late nights and weekends to meet our customer expectations. Lots of changing that has occurred over the past few years, sometimes its hard to understand some of the changes.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep your employees in mind and keep up with the super clear communication.

9. All About Numbers

I worked at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

Medical/Dental/Vision plan is free for the employee (family is extra) and starts day 1

Cons

You must produce or you're history

10. Site Reliability Engineer II

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Pros

Good place to work. Can learn a lots.

Cons

Company cutting down on bonus and very little rise.

Advice to Management

Good place to work.

11. Excellent Place to Work

Current Employee - Internet Sales and Service Consultant in Hiawatha, IA
    Current Employee - Internet Sales and Service Consultant in Hiawatha, IA

Pros

Great compensation and benefits, people that want to be there, great atmosphere filled with optimism and positivity. Tons of professional development and technical training.

Cons

There are no cons so far.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Don't let the IPO change what GoDaddy is about. Show the shareholders that doing things our way is profitable.

GoDaddy Response

Aug 27, 2015 – Director

“Thank you for your great feedback! We’re constantly evaluating our continuing education and releasing new ways to learn. It sounds like you’re taking advantage of the opportunities. Great ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed