GoDaddy Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Aggressive sales, not much customer service

Current Employee - Internet Sales and Service Consultant in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Internet Sales and Service Consultant in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The salary, benefits, and atmosphere in the Tempe location is good. On site cafe, gym is awesome, and the toys to play with are really cool too.

Cons

Supervisors are focused on sales, they look at how much you bring in to determine how far you can move up in the company, not always looking at other factors. Their schedule offerings are awful and their training is not the best before they put you out on the floor to take calls.

Advice to Management

Update your equipment and systems, and get rid of that sales heavy culture, focus more on servicing the customer.

Take the money and run!

Former Employee - Internet Sales and Service Consultant in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Internet Sales and Service Consultant in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy (More than a year)

Pros

High bonus potential - top 5% of company makes between 60-150K a year for a call center job Free health insurance for employee only Decent 401K matching Some really cool people work here, most of them are leaving or have already left People in corporate live the good life Job is easy as hell.

Cons

Just thinking about the place gives me a ton of anxiety so.... Yep, it's a call center - loud, uncomfortable, unhealthy, impossible to not bring the stress home. Corporate is always hired externally. The days of internal promotions into corporate are over. If you are in sales, you will always be in sales. Only 2 15min breaks and a 30min lunch. Otherwise you are OBLIGATED to be on the phones for 7hours and 24minutes. If you dip beneath this average for long enough you are fired. That's always fun to watch management chitchat/watch movies in their office/take 2 hour lunches all day when you can't even move!! That being said, leadership loves to initiate witchhunts - especially towards more intelligent, higher performing people. The losers up top want to keep their cushy positions! You will get burnt out very fast - I've heard of multiple suicides/sudden deaths over the past 2 years. Someone left the Tempe building on his lunch one day and blew his head off. Other people just drop dead. The customers are "special" and are getting more entitled by the month. Have fun getting screamed at by someone who thinks you are their slave because they bought something for $12. You have to get permission to leave your desk to ask questions. Like in kindergarten. Have fun buying new clothes for the inevitable 10-50lb weight gain. Lots of people come to work high because it's so stressful. HR is completely worthless. Most of the time it's better to read through the policies and do your own research. If you are a woman, forget getting promoted into leadership unless you play the game really well (or are willing to be in an entry level position for 3x as long as the guys).

Advice to Management

Show us some respect and give us more downtime, add some diversity to the people who make decisions, listen to your workforce instead of just making us take surveys and never implementing real change, don't expect everyone to join the cult of GoDaddy, stop firing good people for tiny offenses and keeping "team player do-nothings" in management!

Know your skills

Current Employee - Internet Sales & Service Consultant in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Internet Sales & Service Consultant in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great job opportunity, amazing benefits the environment and the people you work with are ideal. They provide you everything you need in the building, forgot your lunch never an issue. Food is subsidized. If you are a sales driven individual, this is the job you will make a career out of.

Cons

Don't underestimate the job description, this is 100% a sales job. If you are good enough you will advance and find opportunities in other departments or continue working inbound/ outbound very successfully. You will find yourself working a lot of overtime in an attempt to reach your sales goals.

Advice to Management

Improve training, or be more upfront during interview process. Let interviewers know that if numbers are not met by the end of 90 day probation you will be unemployed. Do not deceit people into thinking sales or bonus are less important than technical support aspect. Your job solely depends on how well you meet those numbers.

Good Company, Employees Deserve better

Former Employee - Outbound Sales in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Outbound Sales in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of contests, Continuous Training, Early Earning potential, Healthy lunch program, Cool Christmas party, Nice new tempe az location

Cons

Favoritism is rampant, Departmental bonus payout limits, Management Turns A blind eye to an outdated CRM full of glitches. Ever increasing utilization standards

Advice to Management

respect the employees they are what drives the company. they are why the company has a great reputation in the valley as it is now.

Was good but is on a decline

Current Employee - Customer Development Team in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Development Team in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits and the people are always nice. The job itself isn't anything to stress about and is pretty easy for the most part. The Godaddy culture of laid back is always nice.

Cons

The company is moving further and further away from it's laid back have fun culture, and is shifting into a sales driven cal center environment that doesn't care about it's employees as much. The pay is still decent but I feel it is starting to get capped.

Inbound sales and support

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free health benefits. I have to 20 words minimum so I'm writing this part just to fill in space.

Cons

Metrics and they don't make you feel wanted. Everyone is expendable. After you finish a call there is a survey sent to customers. When godaddy's products are broken (which is quite often) we have to tell customers we are working on it and we have no eta. Customers then fill the survey negatively, your job is literally based on these surveys. Oh, and if another employee does a bad job before you and you get that customer they fill out all 0's on the survey based on them. Your job is in the hands of the customer. In the 4 years I've been there I have lost 20k in pay cuts, and some friends have lost more. They don't train you on products well and they roll out new product before they should be.

Advice to Management

Change you metrics. Get rid of css. Stop firing people on mundane reasons, especially the long term employees

Accounting

Former Employee - Accountant in Lansing, MI
    Former Employee - Accountant in Lansing, MI

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

small, tight-knit community/business, family awareness

Cons

compensation, teamwork, expectations, & segregation of duties

Good job with room for improvement

Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Pays a living wage and has good benefits, allows you to live a healthy life with decent wages, paid sick/vacation time and good medical benefits.

Cons

Stressful at times, management means well I assume but are slow to react to workloads and do not seem to have access to the data needed to properly staff and compensate departments appropriately.

Advice to Management

We have business intelligence analysts, we should use some of them (or create a specialized analyst role) to identify and resolve stress points between departments internally.

High burnout

I worked at GoDaddy

Pros

Good pay, easy job, very good training

Cons

Very stressful, high burnout potential

Hosting Support

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

decent base pay opportunity to make lots of money on bonuses, good benefits, the Tempe campus is AMAZING.

Cons

the gilbert office is awful, especially compared to the tempe location. cubicles are too small and close to other employees.

Advice to Management

dont implement a a whole bunch of changes at once.

RSS Feed </> Embed