GoDaddy Reviews

Updated August 28, 2014
Updated August 28, 2014

GoDaddy CEO Blake Irving
Blake Irving

Pros
  • Great Benefits (Although it will take you at least 90 days to get them) (in 24 reviews)

• Good hourly base pay, good benefits if you're single (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Transitioning from the call center to corporate is extremely difficult to do (in 18 reviews)

• Though, given the amount of time it's been since I was there - that may have changed (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Very Satisfied

Former Employee - IT Guy  in  San Antonio, FL
    Former Employee - IT Guy in San Antonio, FL

I worked at GoDaddy as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great people
    - Great Culture
    - Growing Enviornment
    - Fun
    - Lots of money to be made

Cons

- Hours are exhausting
    - Micro-managing
    - Breaktime?

- Give me more breaks
    - stop micro-managing me
    - i want 4 hour workdays and a nap time

Great Growth Opportunities

I have been working at GoDaddy

Pros

A lot of career choices

Cons

Over the phone sales is entry level. If you have great numbers, moving to different departments is much easier. If not, then you should start looking elsewhere.

The home of "you won't get paid on that"!

Former Employee - Technical Support and Sales Representative  in  Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Technical Support and Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Health insurance starts day one "ish".

Cons

They raised inbound call center staff pay from 13.75 to 15.00 an hour and then got rid of most commissions. I have said this since my first job ever "when an employer changes the pay plan the house ALWAYS wins.". The cheap food sucks. There is always one out of 14 metrics that stops you from even interviewing for the next rung on the ladder. They sell domains but do not pay on them!!! I sold $3,000 in domains in one day (ZERO commission on that) and my boss kept walking around smiling stating that it was a great tear booster. I would love to boost his tear count.

You already put share holders ahead of employees and you have not even been approved to go public! Nice $600,000,000 loss over the last two years. Employees brought in $2,000,000,000 and management blew $2,600,000,000 over the past two years. Get rid of your FREE products since that is over 50% of your tech calls. Bring back proper commissions. "Well domains are cheap we should not have to pay on them." A one dollar domain at 15% commission would put .15 in an employees pocket and you blow 1.3 billion a year. I just want my $450 you cheapskates!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worst Job Experience in my Life!

Former Employee - Cdt  in  Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Cdt in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Cool coffee machines and cheap food.

Cons

Have you ever seen the movie boiler room...enough said. The place is a scam at best. If I hated you, I still would not recommend them as a reputable organization to work for.

Learn how to be leaders and inspire people to do better. Most managers do not know their but from a whole in the ground.

This place is a joke

Former Employee - Inbound Sales and Support  in  Hiawatha, IA
    Former Employee - Inbound Sales and Support in Hiawatha, IA

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for less than a year

Pros

There is a very laid back atmosphere with great coworkers and $2 meals. Training is the best part of the job.

Cons

I've never worked in a more stressful position in my life. There are a dozen metrics to follow and the only thing that matters is your sales. The supervisors and trainers want you to believe that selling is the same thing as customer service. 95% of the people that call in are pissed off about their product however you're still required to sell them something. You're often required to break the rules of the company in order to get a measly sale. There is a kind of hipster cult mentality that almost makes you sick. Promotional opportunities are pretty much non existent due to the fact you have several hundred people from the sales floor applying for the same position. Overall its just a glorified call center. PS: don't trust the recruiters when applying to this place, they will tell you anything to get you through the door as they have to meet a hiring quota to keep their job.

Stop focusing so much on sales, it gives you a bad image. Create a new position that just involves tech support and customer service rather than combining it with sales.

Horrible, sexist atmosphere (Cedar Rapids, IA location).

Former Employee - Graphic Designer  in  Cedar Rapids, IA
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Cedar Rapids, IA

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for less than a year

Pros

None at all, sorry to say.

Cons

Incompetent management, completely dysfunctional, no guidance from superiors.

Good job for the people, but otherwise it's highly stressful and too sales oriented. Either you fit in or you don't.

Former Employee - In-bound Sales Representative  in  Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - In-bound Sales Representative in Mesa, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good benefits, commission incentives, experience, training, and you meet a good group of friends who you can work with. They teach you a lot of stuff.

Cons

High turnover rates due to sales, unfair promotion-ladders, some discrimination, always new leaderships, managers can be unsupportive and they give you a lack of direction.

Management should care more about their employers than numbers. Not enough truth.

Cool place to work

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Analyst in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of great things happening at the leadership level. Higher ups are happy to hear what you have to say and the environment is pretty positive for the most part

Cons

Lots of levels to have to work through in order to get anything done. Can make something that should be easy take a very long amount of time.

Keep up the work and positive changes!

New management taking away all the things that made it cool to work there.

Former Employee - Software Developer
    Former Employee - Software Developer

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Casual atmosphere. Flexible work schedule. Ability to work from home.

Cons

Compensation below norm (they think that bonuses make up for it but they're wrong). Technology not as advanced as you'd expect. New management is slowly chipping away at benefits.

Replace old technology. Stop taking away benefits. No one is fooled by the new "unlimited vacation time" policy.

Awesome company to work for.

Current Employee - Bilingual Sales and Support  in  Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Bilingual Sales and Support in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent benefits starting on first day. Great training and team work with all departments. Smart operations system and quick resolving issues to satisfy the customers. Great support from supervisors and senior team members. Opportunity for personal growth and cross training. Great biweekly sales bonus. Great food in the cafeteria for lunch and dinner time. Opportunity for overtime double pay.

Cons

No room for promotions; forced sales to clients in order to maintain minimum sales goal. More sales oriented than customer care.

Keep up the good work but don't forget that the customers you service are the ones to pay your salary.

Worked for GoDaddy? Contribute to the Community!