GoDaddy Reviews

Reset

1. Excellent Place to Work

Current Employee - Internet Sales and Service Consultant in Hiawatha, IA
    Current Employee - Internet Sales and Service Consultant in Hiawatha, IA

Pros

Great compensation and benefits, people that want to be there, great atmosphere filled with optimism and positivity. Tons of professional development and technical training.

Cons

There are no cons so far.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Don't let the IPO change what GoDaddy is about. Show the shareholders that doing things our way is profitable.

Aug 27, 2015 – Director

“Thank you for your great feedback! We’re constantly evaluating our continuing education and releasing new ways to learn. It sounds like you’re taking advantage of the opportunities. Great ... More

Technical Support and Sales

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Pros

Fun Company to work for. Things may have changed since 2011. I have heard things are much more "corporate." Base Pay range from 13.00 hr + depending on performance and duration of employment. If you are great at sales and customer service you can double your pay from bonuses. When the founder of the company was heavily involved with operations of the company, life was TERRIFIC! I mean I loved my job and worked my butt off for the success of the company. Not sure what the new company culture and management are like currently.

Cons

The frantic pace of incoming phone calls can be brutal. Micro-Management by management can be a drag, you basically needed permission to get up to go to the restroom, or lectured by management if you took more than 3 minutes. Bonus structures constantly changing can affect morale. Just when you seem to be getting really great and making a nice living, they typically would make it harder to hit their metrics and for less money.

3. Good company/Bad culture - heading in the wrong direction

Current Employee - C3 Supervisor in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - C3 Supervisor in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits - On par with any job I've ever had Good pay - Industry standard base, can increase exponentially High bonus-ability - Lots of ways to increase pay through hard work and applying sales tactics Fun people - diverse backgrounds and good hearted colleagues Good Tech - good company overall, some downfalls (see Cons)

Cons

Culture is terrible - Since going public we have struggled with identity. Balancing the good-hearted and fun ways of a few years ago with the hard charging, metrics driven, publicly traded company has definitely hit the culture where it hurts - with people and interactions with customers. Beware though, not much room to grow in the new culture and upper management cares little about your outside life (READ: They'll push you until you fold or drown yourself in the corporate cool-aid and stop carrying about anything non-GoDaddy).

Advice to Management

Focus on people and the sales will follow. Trying to "trick" and "push" people into products, bad sales tactics all around, and shady ways of hiring/promoting/firing people destroyed the culture. Instead of learning from the bad practices, the full corporate mentality has taken sway. STOP being Microsoft, GoDaddy was fun and awesome to work for a few years ago for a reason - we didn't try to be Microsoft, we tried to beat them with our own way of doing things.

Sep 4, 2015 – Director

Thank you for the feedback. Rewarding our employees for extraordinary work is something that we take seriously. Rewarding goes beyond the paycheck to also include ever-improving benefits ... More

5. Product Specialist

Current Employee - Product Support Specialist Chat Agent in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Product Support Specialist Chat Agent in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great benefits, full time , good hours, good insurance

Cons

not enough money, pays enough to have you not quite want to leave but they could do better

Advice to Management

give your employees more money and a reason to stay

Aug 10, 2015 – Director, People Operations

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We pride ourselves on having an incredible benefits program that not only includes great medical, dental, vision, etc., but also a focus on ... More

Good place to work

Current Employee - Technical Support &Amp; Sales in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Technical Support &Amp; Sales in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a place with good people and a fun and progressive culture. The work is enjoyable, There are advancement opportunities.

Cons

While it is progressive and cool in many ways, it's also big and is still working on being able to react quickly when things need to change.

Advice to Management

Stay open-minded and look for the best way to do things, rather than letting a desire to protect older ways of doing things stifle creativity and expansion.

Move Along

Pros

Health benefits, vacation time, sick time.

Cons

Being female and working at Godaddy means you get belittled and sexually harassed by your colleagues. Of course, if you say anything, HR gets involved, and it's not difficult to figure out who made the complaint seeing as how there are only a small number of females working in the company.

Advice to Management

Stop making bonus possibilities harder to reach.

Aug 30, 2015 – Director, People Operations

At GoDaddy, we take respect for all employees extremely seriously and ensure that appropriate steps are taken to investigate and respond to situations that contradict this. I am personally saddened ... More

8. Was a great company, now its a good company

Former Employee - Tech Support and Sales Consultant in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Tech Support and Sales Consultant in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy (More than a year)

Pros

Great environment and great pay

Cons

angry customers, constantly fluctuating bonus tiers

Advice to Management

Create better systems for continuing education on phone support and new products

customer development

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome gives you everything you need to succeed

Cons

Their are some negatives at time but non to affect your job

Software Developer

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun, relaxed environment. Employees, at least in my area, had a lot of autonomy

Cons

Certain departments have competence problems.

11. Technical Support

Pros

Decent pay for the work that you do

Cons

Very little room for advancement.

Advice to Management

stop micro managing.

RSS Feed </> Embed