GoDaddy

www.godaddy.com
Employer Engaged

I learned skills with Godaddy that I am making money for today.

I worked at GoDaddy

Pros

I learned on the job. First I had 2 weeks of paid training I was given a few pointers by Todd Cluff on the CEO team who is down to earth and he knows how to speak to people. Todd Cluff personally trained me in retaining customers. I recently used my real world skills to retain a roommate. Also I can use a computer alot quicker. I actually learned how to search for other jobs quicker due to my Godaddy computer classes. I did this because I worked with so many websites.

Cons

I did not like that I could not use all my vacation days before I left.

Please let us use our vacation days before expiration.

Best job I've ever had

Current Employee - User Experience Architect in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - User Experience Architect in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Patent bonuses
    Other bonuses
    Flexible schedule
    Unlimited vacation
    Subsidized meals
    Unlimited coffee, snacks, beer, etc

Cons

Can be competitive and intense at times

Do not work 3rd shift Bilingual

Current Employee - Inbound Tech Support and Sales in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Inbound Tech Support and Sales in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pay was good, benefits great,, some other minor perks like discounted food.

Cons

No support from Human Resources or managers whatsoever. While working there, my younger brother passed away requiring me to take time off. After leaving 15 messages, one person in HR called me back 13 days after the fact to explain benefits to me, which is not what I was calling about. They outsource leave and paperwork to Matrix (3rd party) and after jumping through hoops and completing my paperwork THREE times, they claimed they never got it. Godaddy supervisors are of no help either. Not one single supervisor (8 different sups in a year) knew who I reported to as I was listed on a bilingual team whose supervisor was second shift. The biggest issue was that being 3rd shift, no HR reps were available to us. I waited around most morning after my shift to speak with them but they rarely are in their office. Being part of certain cliques will get you advancement regardless of qualifications.

Better training, more HR reps, keep your leave procedures in house and actually treat your employees like humans instead of just a body on the phone to sell. Improve your employment verification system for former employees. I have been unable to get a job and have been told by five different employers it was due to them being unable to hire me because they are unable to confirm my employment. Stop shafting former employees and get HR to respond to employment verification requests and get them to help all employees.

GoDaddy Response

Feb 9, 2015Director, People Operations

I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your brother and about your poor experience with the GoDaddy Human Resources team. As a leader in People Operations, I take this feedback very seriously ... More

***AWESOME COMPANY, OUTSTANDING OPPORTUNITY AND UPWARD MOBILITY, GREAT ATMOSPHERE ***

Current Employee - Internet Sales and Service Consultant in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Internet Sales and Service Consultant in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I retired from 22+ years in the Navy just this past April. I was extremely nervous about my transition from the military to the civilian workforce. I heard great things about GoDaddy and decided to try it out. I am so glad I did! I love the GoDaddy culture, laid back yet professional. I was intimidated going to work for a tech company with limited experience, but the TRAINING PROGRAM WAS OUTSTANDING! Although I didn't need all the benefits due to my military retirement, the great benefits package start on DAY 1 of training. Most importantly, GREAT UPWARD MOBILITY! GoDaddy is all about retention, being well rounded within the company, and upward mobility. They recognize hard work and just about from day one, you have the opportunity to "shadow" other departments and get a feel about where in the company you want to go next. I love how they encourage you to strive for greatness.

Cons

It's hard to come up with cons about your company when you are so happy about your job. GoDaddy doesn't pay me for sitting at home and watching ESPN....is that a con?

Great company

I have been working at GoDaddy

Pros

technology
    pay
    benefits
    people
    culture
    perks
    ease to speak to management

Cons

lack of transparency
    corporate changes
    breaks
    incosistency
    treatment of employees

GOING DOWN!!!!

Current Employee - Cdt in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Cdt in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It used to be a really great place to work before the investors took over and said "not much will change". The only pro I can think of is you can make a lot of money if you want to work a lot of OT and on every weekend. If you like your pay going down every 3 months -this place will be great. If you constantly like being kicked in the stomach and being treated like a 10yr old-this place will be great.

Cons

EVERYTHING. This place is trying to go public so they are cutting down payroll so they appear to be much more desirable to investors. They change the tiers on a 3 month basis and every single time its horrible for the employees. If I had 4 pages I could tell you all the cons. Ive spent over 5 yrs here and they are so great at making it look like an amazing place to work but its all fluff. Only the developers get the new buildings and the cool things they show on the news. The guys on the phones get 7mins off the phones per day. 7mins!! Hope you dont have to go to the bathroom very often or they take your bonus checks.

Middle management is ruining CDT. You are pushing out all the good reps that make the company a lot of money. The moral on the floor is horrible now.

Challenging job, but great place to work.

Current Employee - Technical Support and Sales Representative in Hiawatha, IA
    Current Employee - Technical Support and Sales Representative in Hiawatha, IA

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Face it benefits are completely amazing. The atmosphere is positive and upbeat which makes work more fun even if you get some difficult calls. Everyone is incredibly friendly and welcoming. You have a great starting base pay and benefits from day one. They even offer adoption reimbursement which is huge benefit most companies don't offer. The have onsite catering at a very inexpensive cost.

Cons

The training period is rough. If you don't pass the test the first time in training, you don't keep your job, but it's all open book. After you take the test you immediately start taking live calls. This leaves you getting some pretty upset customers when you have to repeatedly put them on hold taking long amounts of time to try and find an answer. A little more hands in training would be awesome. You also don't have an assigned desk, so you constantly have to take your headset and other belongings home and back to work everyday. If you forget it at work, you run the risk of it being taken by someone else and have to pay for a new one. Parking is difficult, so definitely need to show up way early otherwise you run the risk of clocking in late.

First I'd like to say that I do love my job. I'm fresh out of Ranch and now working 2nd shift which most of the people on 2nd shift are newer. It does however make it difficult to get problem questions answered for customers due to the supervisor : staff ratio not being balanced. It's hard to ask peers for help when they too don't know the answer or where to look it up. More seasoned people around the newbies would be a huge plus. Also, it would be awesome to have our own set desks so we wouldn't lug all of our work stuff home and back everyday or leave it in our vehicles so we don't forget it. Oh, and more parking would be sweet. I show up 20mins everyday circling like a vulture trying to find a spot. :)

GoDaddy Response

Nov 10, 2014Customer Care Talent Acquisition Director

Benefits are an important part at any job and we definitely work hard to make sure that they enable people to be extraordinary and live passionately.

To the point of our training, we are
    ... More

was sad to go at first, now i see it was my ticket to better opportunities ahead

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

started out as a great company, the owner truly cared although really had no clue about software development. It was a good place to work. learned a lot about large scale development.

Cons

owner sold out, all of the things that made good company to work for started disappearing, a lot of people who worked there for a long time really got screwed in many ways. Along came the investors, and it was all about the numbers game. Many products where cancelled, people were secretly either forced out "you have 30 days to find a new job" or let go. Their main goal was do it under the covers and they made employees sign documents saying they would not discuss any of this, or would not get any severance. They then started hiring younger folks, willing to work more hours for less. The new building has things like a skate park, slides, and go karts, so take a guess what age range they are targeting for that ??

nothing, the damage is done.

How you are treated depends on the department you work in.

I worked at GoDaddy

Pros

As a developer, you will work in the new facility with beer on tap, a skate park, basketball court, weight room, a slide, and all kinds of other amenities.

Cons

As a member of a department that physically supports the server and network infrastructure, you will get bare bones staffing, stacks of tickets, layoffs, no chance to use earned vacation, and a looming sense of "who's getting fired next? ".

Think about the consequences of your decisions. When you hire a new manager that tells the entire department that they have almost twice as many people as the budget can afford (even though the company can afford a new building with the above mentioned amenities), and then promptly fires three people, and as a result nobody remaining can take vacation time because there is nobody left to work the shifts (because we didn't need them, remember) unless the few people that are even able to work the shifts due to their schedules volunteer to work overtime, people are going to leave.

Take our feedback. Even if you don't use our feedback, try to pretend like you care what we have to say. For example, when launching a new platform from the ground up, don't make the same mistakes that were made in the previous platform. We could have told you how to do things much more effectively.

GoDaddy has almost everything it needs to be a fantastic company for everyone. The only exception is the right decisions to make that happen. I understand why things are being done the way they are, but in following the norm, this strategy is serving a very short term goal and does not have a the long-term well being of the company or employees in mind at all. With a decent amount of effort, you could make the right decisions and make GoDaddy into a company that is ACTUALLY great, instead of just appearing to be a great company.

I was excited and proud to be a part of GoDaddy up until the last year, so it's especially disappointing when I see it turning into what it is becoming.

Transformitive environment

I have been working at GoDaddy

Pros

The company is going through a great deal of change, with a new CEO and new management team. Much of this change is for the better, and covers everything with nothing sacred. This is great for being an agent of change and improvement.

Cons

With this amount of change, some of it is a bit much for people. Some are getting left behind.