GoDaddy

Updated November 22, 2014
3.2

GoDaddy CEO Blake Irving
Blake Irving

Pros
  • Great Benefits (Although it will take you at least 90 days to get them) (in 31 reviews)

• Good hourly base pay, good benefits if you're single (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Transitioning from the call center to corporate is extremely difficult to do (in 24 reviews)

• They spend an inordinate amount of time on HR processes and studies only to throw much of the data away; again perception (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

High stress with little opportunity

Former Employee - Advanced Hosting Support in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Advanced Hosting Support in Tempe, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people that work at Godaddy are great. Very energetic. There are some decent perks depending on what building you work in. Great job if you are going to school at the same time due to flexible schedules

Cons

High stress, Huge divide between management and "regular" employees, not much growth potential

Solicit feedback from the lowest on the totem pole. Develop realistic growth opportunity plans as what was presented to me during the hiring phase was not accurate. Find people core strengths and develop them.

terrible pressure and poor management

I have been working at GoDaddy

Pros

lots of ways to win things!

Cons

terrible management that only care about greed....used to be a great place, but went downhill

take some pride in what you do and watch how you talk to people

Stressful job!

Former Employee - Sales and Support in Hiawatha, IA
    Former Employee - Sales and Support in Hiawatha, IA

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They take good care of their employees. Great benefits, awesome employee parties, good pay, and they do lots of fun stuff.

Cons

Everything is sales driven. I hated that people would call in with technical issues, and we were still required to try to sell to them. They are super strict with their attendance policy. God forbid you clock in one minute late or get sick.

very corporate

I worked at GoDaddy

Pros

co workers are tight nit

Cons

low salaries, hard to advance, lay offs too frequent

Good experience despite being in their inaugural internship program

Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at GoDaddy as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Sunnyvale office is awesome - free catered lunch, snacks and drinks for days!
    Opportunity for leadership even as an intern, and free trips to the company headquarters in Arizona to meet/hear from company execs
    Flexible team, ability to work from home, and choose your own projects/tasks

Cons

The team was a bit new to interns and what we were capable of, and it took a while (half of my internship) to really find tasks that were most appropiate to me.
    Development cycles at least in my team were fast but a bit too heavy on the planning.
    Spotty integration with the engineers themselves

Take more initiative in fleshing out what an internship should look like before the intern arrives (what type of problems they should have, what sort of projects are appropriate, a timeline of tasks/bugs to get familiar with the code base). Whether the internship is well suited for a potential intern is his/her decision to make - but an undefined internship will leave too many open ends that end up not helping either side.

Great Company

Former Employee - Inbound Sales and Support in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Inbound Sales and Support in Tempe, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Amazing place to work for people looking for a long term position you can grow into.

Cons

Upper management is very cliquey

Excellent for the right person!

Former Employee - Customer Sales and Support in Hiawatha, IA
    Former Employee - Customer Sales and Support in Hiawatha, IA

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (less than an year)

Pros

GoDaddy has a lot of amazing and competitive benefits. Number one, they pay for your health care! What company honestly does that? Hardly no one. Vacation, commission, PTO, and so one. Also they have great opportunities to move up in the company, even within your first 6 months! Plus, they know how to really throw an amazing holiday party!

Cons

If you don't like a work environment that has you sitting in front of computer, on the phone and inside a cubicle for 40 hours a week, this job isn't for you! Also, if you are someone who doesn't like jumping through security hoops and has a hard time dealing with difficult customers, don't even think about it.

Make sure if an employee needs help and has been assigned a coach, make sure that coach is worth while and attentive. The company invests a lot into each employee and when one doesn't get the help they are promised, it is hard to do the job correctly.

The Best Job

Current Employee - Technical Support and Sales Representative in Hiawatha, IA
    Current Employee - Technical Support and Sales Representative in Hiawatha, IA

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great pay and benefits, environment for growth, Management is always looking for ways to help us grow and improve

Cons

additional in depth training would help.

Good Pay & Benefits

Former Employee - Technical Support and Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Technical Support and Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The pay starts at $15 per hour (not many can compete with that) The benefits are fully paid from day one. Usually a few shifts to choose from. Great holiday party. People are pretty great. Good vibes.

Cons

Everyone works 1 weekend day, but that's common with most companies. Call center so it's back to back calls. Gets draining after a while. Not a fan of being a sales rep & tech support. those should be separate in my opinion. Training is okay. They teach you a little bit about the products. Hated the hosting calls. Nothing like that was taught in training. You kind of have to learn as you go.

Fun & energetic company

I worked at GoDaddy as an intern

Pros

Working at GoDaddy was always fun and exciting. It is a fast-paced quirky environment where your ideas are valued.

Cons

There were no cons for me working at GoDaddy.

Keep doing what you are doing!