GoDaddy Reviews

Updated September 19, 2014
3.1

GoDaddy CEO Blake Irving
Blake Irving

Pros
  • Great Benefits (Although it will take you at least 90 days to get them) (in 24 reviews)

• Good hourly base pay, good benefits if you're single (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Transitioning from the call center to corporate is extremely difficult to do (in 18 reviews)

• Though, given the amount of time it's been since I was there - that may have changed (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Very Satisfied

Former Employee - IT Guy  in  San Antonio, FL
    Former Employee - IT Guy in San Antonio, FL

I worked at GoDaddy as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great people
    - Great Culture
    - Growing Enviornment
    - Fun
    - Lots of money to be made

Cons

- Hours are exhausting
    - Micro-managing
    - Breaktime?

- Give me more breaks
    - stop micro-managing me
    - i want 4 hour workdays and a nap time

Great Growth Opportunities

I have been working at GoDaddy

Pros

A lot of career choices

Cons

Over the phone sales is entry level. If you have great numbers, moving to different departments is much easier. If not, then you should start looking elsewhere.

New management taking away all the things that made it cool to work there.

Former Employee - Software Developer
    Former Employee - Software Developer

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Casual atmosphere. Flexible work schedule. Ability to work from home.

Cons

Compensation below norm (they think that bonuses make up for it but they're wrong). Technology not as advanced as you'd expect. New management is slowly chipping away at benefits.

Replace old technology. Stop taking away benefits. No one is fooled by the new "unlimited vacation time" policy.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome company to work for.

Current Employee - Bilingual Sales and Support  in  Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Bilingual Sales and Support in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent benefits starting on first day. Great training and team work with all departments. Smart operations system and quick resolving issues to satisfy the customers. Great support from supervisors and senior team members. Opportunity for personal growth and cross training. Great biweekly sales bonus. Great food in the cafeteria for lunch and dinner time. Opportunity for overtime double pay.

Cons

No room for promotions; forced sales to clients in order to maintain minimum sales goal. More sales oriented than customer care.

Keep up the good work but don't forget that the customers you service are the ones to pay your salary.

Worst Job Experience in my Life!

Former Employee - Cdt  in  Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Cdt in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Cool coffee machines and cheap food.

Cons

Have you ever seen the movie boiler room...enough said. The place is a scam at best. If I hated you, I still would not recommend them as a reputable organization to work for.

Learn how to be leaders and inspire people to do better. Most managers do not know their but from a whole in the ground.

Worst work experience of my life. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY.

Former Employee - Technical Support and Sales Representative  in  Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Technical Support and Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for less than a year

Pros

It was beneficial to learn about DNS, MX records, IP addresses, web building, and all the little intricacies of what makes the web go-round. All this was TOUCHED upon in training that lasted 2 weeks (they're trying to cut this down) which is NOT enough time to know how to do your job.

Cons

All they care about is sales which is SO hard to do when people are calling in because the products they purchased aren't working. It doesn't matter if you have good customer support. The guy next to you can be treating a customer like crap, but as long as he makes a sale he's the model employee.

It's EXTREMELY frustrating when you have an irate customer on the phone and the supervisors are walking around throwing footballs to each other and giggling like a bunch of idiotic jocks- which is what they are. I'm pretty sure GoDaddy gets their management by recruiting from fraternities. This is a TOXIC psychological environment- do not work here unless you want to be constantly stressed. They will rope you into weekly meetings just to tell you how disappointing you are. There are many calls that come in that you will not know how to fix- you will find yourself running around the call center trying to find the right answers but nobody seems to really want to help, so you have to hound people. I had a supervisor refuse to help me once because he had decided he didn't feel like learning the newest version of a product. Speaking of bad supervisors, in the short 3 months I stuck it out here, I went through four supervisors. FOUR. That's less than one per month!

If a customer calls in and you have no idea how to fix it, you have to pretend that you do. You have to BS the customer and hope that you can figure it out. Not to mention, it does not matter how long you have worked for them- your job is ALWAYS at risk. If you do not consistently sell $1000 a day, they will put you on probation. If you don't get your numbers up, you're gone. During my second month at this company I found a coworker on my team who had been with GD for 3 years in the lunch room shaking because he had just barely evaded going through ANOTHER probation. This company is not worth it. No one should be made to feel inadequate on a day to day basis when we're all just trying to do our best to be honest, hard-working people. There are so many jobs out there that don't require a degree where you can make this money and then some. Quitting GoDaddy was one of the best decisions I have ever made, and I love the job I have now. If you're having trouble finding a job, try a placement agency! Anything but this torture.

GoDaddy Response

Aug 11, 2014Customer Care Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for the passionate feedback!

We do everything we can to make the environment an engaging and fun place to work. One of our values, Live Passionately, reflects that and is encouraged so
    ... More

Horrible, sexist atmosphere (Cedar Rapids, IA location).

Former Employee - Graphic Designer  in  Cedar Rapids, IA
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Cedar Rapids, IA

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for less than a year

Pros

None at all, sorry to say.

Cons

Incompetent management, completely dysfunctional, no guidance from superiors.

Cool place to work

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Analyst in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of great things happening at the leadership level. Higher ups are happy to hear what you have to say and the environment is pretty positive for the most part

Cons

Lots of levels to have to work through in order to get anything done. Can make something that should be easy take a very long amount of time.

Keep up the work and positive changes!

Boring..

Current Employee - Technical Support & Sales  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Technical Support & Sales in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get some free domains, and hosting. You get a lot of respect.

Cons

Everything is a letdown, their PCs are outdated, managers talk to you like you're nothing.

To respect us

A great place to work, but not to make a career.

Current Employee - IT Security Analyst  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - IT Security Analyst in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

GoDaddy offers a great environment to work in. The people are friendly and the management staff shows genuine concern for the well being of their reports. Hourly employees are often eligible for prizes and incentives from competitions along with commission payout for meeting metrics.

Cons

GoDaddy is metrics heavy in many departments; they fail to recognize individuals who give 110% if they can't meet 'x' amount in sales or interactions. Those in the salaried positions are excluded from all contests, and the compensation offered isn't generally much higher than an hourly employee may be able to earn in many positions. There are learning opportunities for advancement, but the instructors are often under-qualified or the material is sub-par.

Be more transparent; employees deserve to know what is happening at upper-levels and how it will effect them.
    Take more time to prepare; it seems many major decisions are made with no or insufficient planning, especially when it comes to department changes. This results in there being tasks that fall into the cracks, bitterness between employees and departments, and an overall feeling of being tossed around with nothing to hold onto. It can be quite frustrating.

Worked for GoDaddy? Contribute to the Community!