GoDaddy Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Aggressive sales, not much customer service

Current Employee - Internet Sales and Service Consultant in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Internet Sales and Service Consultant in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The salary, benefits, and atmosphere in the Tempe location is good. On site cafe, gym is awesome, and the toys to play with are really cool too.

Cons

Supervisors are focused on sales, they look at how much you bring in to determine how far you can move up in the company, not always looking at other factors. Their schedule offerings are awful and their training is not the best before they put you out on the floor to take calls.

Advice to Management

Update your equipment and systems, and get rid of that sales heavy culture, focus more on servicing the customer.

GoDaddy Response

Aug 10, 2015 – Director

Thank you for your feedback. We are always looking to improve the culture and employee/customer experience. Moving up in the company as big and diverse as GoDaddy has always been a challenge to date ... More

Good Company, Employees Deserve better

Former Employee - Outbound Sales in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Outbound Sales in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of contests, Continuous Training, Early Earning potential, Healthy lunch program, Cool Christmas party, Nice new tempe az location

Cons

Favoritism is rampant, Departmental bonus payout limits, Management Turns A blind eye to an outdated CRM full of glitches. Ever increasing utilization standards

Advice to Management

respect the employees they are what drives the company. they are why the company has a great reputation in the valley as it is now.

Was good but is on a decline

Current Employee - Customer Development Team in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Development Team in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits and the people are always nice. The job itself isn't anything to stress about and is pretty easy for the most part. The Godaddy culture of laid back is always nice.

Cons

The company is moving further and further away from it's laid back have fun culture, and is shifting into a sales driven cal center environment that doesn't care about it's employees as much. The pay is still decent but I feel it is starting to get capped.

Inbound sales and support

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free health benefits. I have to 20 words minimum so I'm writing this part just to fill in space.

Cons

Metrics and they don't make you feel wanted. Everyone is expendable. After you finish a call there is a survey sent to customers. When godaddy's products are broken (which is quite often) we have to tell customers we are working on it and we have no eta. Customers then fill the survey negatively, your job is literally based on these surveys. Oh, and if another employee does a bad job before you and you get that customer they fill out all 0's on the survey based on them. Your job is in the hands of the customer. In the 4 years I've been there I have lost 20k in pay cuts, and some friends have lost more. They don't train you on products well and they roll out new product before they should be.

Advice to Management

Change you metrics. Get rid of css. Stop firing people on mundane reasons, especially the long term employees

Accounting

Former Employee - Accountant in Lansing, MI
    Former Employee - Accountant in Lansing, MI

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

small, tight-knit community/business, family awareness

Cons

compensation, teamwork, expectations, & segregation of duties

High burnout

Pros

Good pay, easy job, very good training

Cons

Very stressful, high burnout potential

Good job with room for improvement

Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Pays a living wage and has good benefits, allows you to live a healthy life with decent wages, paid sick/vacation time and good medical benefits.

Cons

Stressful at times, management means well I assume but are slow to react to workloads and do not seem to have access to the data needed to properly staff and compensate departments appropriately.

Advice to Management

We have business intelligence analysts, we should use some of them (or create a specialized analyst role) to identify and resolve stress points between departments internally.

Hosting Support

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

decent base pay opportunity to make lots of money on bonuses, good benefits, the Tempe campus is AMAZING.

Cons

the gilbert office is awful, especially compared to the tempe location. cubicles are too small and close to other employees.

Advice to Management

dont implement a a whole bunch of changes at once.

GoDaddy

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Decent pay if you're good at sales.

Cons

Constantly changing, in most ways, for the worse since KKR Silverlake purchased the company.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees. The secret to GoDaddy's awesome customer support was because your employees were always in such a great mood because you took care of them so well in the past.

Good team, executive team lacks diversity

Current Employee - Director in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Director in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Growing fast, great benefits, people who built the company are super friendly, fantastic new offices

Cons

Politics in the technology teams, there is a elitist attitude from "California" that shuns Arizona Lack of diversity in a very top heavy exec team (all good old white club, yea it's Arizona) Lack of career growth for engineering disciplines

Advice to Management

Reflect the diversity of your customer base and employees in your executive team. Focus on employees, customers and then shareholders, you have the wrong focus Promote trust within executive team and try to be genuinely interested in employee welfare

RSS Feed </> Embed