GoDaddy Reviews

Updated October 15, 2014
3.1

GoDaddy CEO Blake Irving
Blake Irving

Pros
  • Great Benefits (Although it will take you at least 90 days to get them) (in 30 reviews)

• Good hourly base pay, good benefits if you're single (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • Transitioning from the call center to corporate is extremely difficult to do (in 24 reviews)

• Though, given the amount of time it's been since I was there - that may have changed (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Good job for the people, but otherwise it's highly stressful and too sales oriented. Either you fit in or you don't.

Former Employee - In-bound Sales Representative in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - In-bound Sales Representative in Mesa, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good benefits, commission incentives, experience, training, and you meet a good group of friends who you can work with. They teach you a lot of stuff.

Cons

High turnover rates due to sales, unfair promotion-ladders, some discrimination, always new leaderships, managers can be unsupportive and they give you a lack of direction.

Management should care more about their employers than numbers. Not enough truth.

Pretty cool

Current Employee - Technical Support & Sales in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Technical Support & Sales in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of cool people, laid back environment

Cons

Huge emphasis on selling, kind of makes you feel bad If you aren't selling very well

Don't act like jerks if you get asked questions

Very Satisfied

Former Employee - IT Guy in San Antonio, FL
    Former Employee - IT Guy in San Antonio, FL

I worked at GoDaddy as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Great people
    - Great Culture
    - Growing Enviornment
    - Fun
    - Lots of money to be made

Cons

- Hours are exhausting
    - Micro-managing
    - Breaktime?

- Give me more breaks
    - stop micro-managing me
    - i want 4 hour workdays and a nap time

Great Growth Opportunities

I have been working at GoDaddy

Pros

A lot of career choices

Cons

Over the phone sales is entry level. If you have great numbers, moving to different departments is much easier. If not, then you should start looking elsewhere.

Awesome company to work for.

Current Employee - Bilingual Sales and Support in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Bilingual Sales and Support in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Excellent benefits starting on first day. Great training and team work with all departments. Smart operations system and quick resolving issues to satisfy the customers. Great support from supervisors and senior team members. Opportunity for personal growth and cross training. Great biweekly sales bonus. Great food in the cafeteria for lunch and dinner time. Opportunity for overtime double pay.

Cons

No room for promotions; forced sales to clients in order to maintain minimum sales goal. More sales oriented than customer care.

Keep up the good work but don't forget that the customers you service are the ones to pay your salary.

New management taking away all the things that made it cool to work there.

Former Employee - Software Developer
    Former Employee - Software Developer

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Casual atmosphere. Flexible work schedule. Ability to work from home.

Cons

Compensation below norm (they think that bonuses make up for it but they're wrong). Technology not as advanced as you'd expect. New management is slowly chipping away at benefits.

Replace old technology. Stop taking away benefits. No one is fooled by the new "unlimited vacation time" policy.

Worst Job Experience in my Life!

Former Employee - Cdt in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Cdt in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Cool coffee machines and cheap food.

Cons

Have you ever seen the movie boiler room...enough said. The place is a scam at best. If I hated you, I still would not recommend them as a reputable organization to work for.

Learn how to be leaders and inspire people to do better. Most managers do not know their but from a whole in the ground.

Worst work experience of my life. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY.

Former Employee - Technical Support and Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Technical Support and Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It was beneficial to learn about DNS, MX records, IP addresses, web building, and all the little intricacies of what makes the web go-round. All this was TOUCHED upon in training that lasted 2 weeks (they're trying to cut this down) which is NOT enough time to know how to do your job.

Cons

All they care about is sales which is SO hard to do when people are calling in because the products they purchased aren't working. It doesn't matter if you have good customer support. The guy next to you can be treating a customer like crap, but as long as he makes a sale he's the model employee.

It's EXTREMELY frustrating when you have an irate customer on the phone and the supervisors are walking around throwing footballs to each other and giggling like a bunch of idiotic jocks- which is what they are. I'm pretty sure GoDaddy gets their management by recruiting from fraternities. This is a TOXIC psychological environment- do not work here unless you want to be constantly stressed. They will rope you into weekly meetings just to tell you how disappointing you are. There are many calls that come in that you will not know how to fix- you will find yourself running around the call center trying to find the right answers but nobody seems to really want to help, so you have to hound people. I had a supervisor refuse to help me once because he had decided he didn't feel like learning the newest version of a product. Speaking of bad supervisors, in the short 3 months I stuck it out here, I went through four supervisors. FOUR. That's less than one per month!

If a customer calls in and you have no idea how to fix it, you have to pretend that you do. You have to BS the customer and hope that you can figure it out. Not to mention, it does not matter how long you have worked for them- your job is ALWAYS at risk. If you do not consistently sell $1000 a day, they will put you on probation. If you don't get your numbers up, you're gone. During my second month at this company I found a coworker on my team who had been with GD for 3 years in the lunch room shaking because he had just barely evaded going through ANOTHER probation. This company is not worth it. No one should be made to feel inadequate on a day to day basis when we're all just trying to do our best to be honest, hard-working people. There are so many jobs out there that don't require a degree where you can make this money and then some. Quitting GoDaddy was one of the best decisions I have ever made, and I love the job I have now. If you're having trouble finding a job, try a placement agency! Anything but this torture.

GoDaddy Response

Aug 11, 2014Customer Care Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for the passionate feedback!

We do everything we can to make the environment an engaging and fun place to work. One of our values, Live Passionately, reflects that and is encouraged so
    ... More

Horrible, sexist atmosphere (Cedar Rapids, IA location).

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Cedar Rapids, IA

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (less than an year)

Pros

None at all, sorry to say.

Cons

Incompetent management, completely dysfunctional, no guidance from superiors.

Cool place to work

Current Employee - Analyst in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Analyst in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of great things happening at the leadership level. Higher ups are happy to hear what you have to say and the environment is pretty positive for the most part

Cons

Lots of levels to have to work through in order to get anything done. Can make something that should be easy take a very long amount of time.

Keep up the work and positive changes!