GoDaddy

Updated October 14, 2014
3.1

GoDaddy CEO Blake Irving
Blake Irving

Pros
  • Great Benefits (Although it will take you at least 90 days to get them) (in 31 reviews)

• Good hourly base pay, good benefits if you're single (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Transitioning from the call center to corporate is extremely difficult to do (in 24 reviews)

• They spend an inordinate amount of time on HR processes and studies only to throw much of the data away; again perception (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good experience despite being in their inaugural internship program

Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at GoDaddy as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Sunnyvale office is awesome - free catered lunch, snacks and drinks for days!
    Opportunity for leadership even as an intern, and free trips to the company headquarters in Arizona to meet/hear from company execs
    Flexible team, ability to work from home, and choose your own projects/tasks

Cons

The team was a bit new to interns and what we were capable of, and it took a while (half of my internship) to really find tasks that were most appropiate to me.
    Development cycles at least in my team were fast but a bit too heavy on the planning.
    Spotty integration with the engineers themselves

Take more initiative in fleshing out what an internship should look like before the intern arrives (what type of problems they should have, what sort of projects are appropriate, a timeline of tasks/bugs to get familiar with the code base). Whether the internship is well suited for a potential intern is his/her decision to make - but an undefined internship will leave too many open ends that end up not helping either side.

Great Internship experience

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at GoDaddy as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The sunnyvale office has many amenities available for you and the work environment was also very relaxed.

Cons

I didn't have any problems with my internship it was pretty fun.