GoDaddy

GoDaddy Reviews in Tempe, AZ

Updated Jun 26, 2014

GoDaddy CEO Blake Irving

Blake Irving

Pros
  • Great Benefits (Although it will take you at least 90 days to get them)(in 24 reviews)

• Good hourly base pay, good benefits if you're single(in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Transitioning from the call center to corporate is extremely difficult to do(in 18 reviews)

• Though, given the amount of time it's been since I was there - that may have changed(in 6 reviews)

30 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Awesome company to work for.

Bilingual Sales and Support (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsExcellent benefits starting on first day. Great training and team work with all departments. Smart operations system and quick resolving issues to satisfy the customers. Great support from supervisors and senior team members. Opportunity for personal growth and cross training. Great biweekly sales bonus. Great food in the cafeteria for lunch and dinner time. Opportunity for overtime double pay.

ConsNo room for promotions; forced sales to clients in order to maintain minimum sales goal. More sales oriented than customer care.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work but don't forget that the customers you service are the ones to pay your salary.

Not the same company with Bob gone.

C3 Sales (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsPay is decent, benefits are pretty good, and the people that you work with are great.

ConsToo much of a focus on money and not enough on quality products.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe available for your employees. Not being around half the day shows that you really don't care.

Great for some but not so for others

Business Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsFun and relaxed atmosphere. Peers are usually above average intelligence. Good benefits. Good bonuses. Subsidized lunch program. Awesome holiday parties.

ConsIt was always a losing battle when requesting to continue my education in an actual classroom setting. Know of many horror stories from mothers/pregnant women and those whose health suddenly declines; Most of the stories end in termination. Depends on the team but work-life balance can be extremely difficult. In my experience, focus was on quantity not quality.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wasted 9 months getting nowhere

Internet Sales and Service Consultant (Former Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsAwesome people on my team and SOME supervisors are very helpful and understanding. I learned more than I'd ever thought I'd learn, especially considering this we my first tech support job.

ConsNotice I said "some" supervisors? Yeah probably less than 20% of the management is nice like that. I had 2 supervisors while I was there and the 2nd one was so awful, she was the main reason I left Go Daddy. First of all, DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE. In training, they make it sound like sales aren't that important and everything will be easy and it's not hard to move up or switch to a different department. This is a total and complete lie. I tried to switch departments 5 times, and was denied every single time. Also, this is completely a SALES job. They pretend to care about customer surveys and tech support, but in my whole time there, the only thing I ever got in trouble for was low sales numbers. They NEVER cared that I had consistently had the best customer reviews on my team and the least complaints, ALL THAT MATTERS IS THE $$$. Combined with the constant verbal abuse, managements' complete lack of knowledge about the products they push us to sell and the insane amount of time you're expected to be on the phones, it made for one of the worst job experiences I've ever had.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to force people to rush through calls if there's no obvious sales opportunity because those customers just end up calling back even more pissed off that their problem didn't get fixed. Also, a total re-vamp of leadership is definitely needed. Get some people in the ranks who actually know products, are willing to help their reps and won't run away from a sup call!

It was the best of times... It was the worst of times...

Inbound Sales and Support (Former Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsCoworkers. You will form some of the best relationships with people that work there. I would not give up the friendships gained.

In the beginning it was amazing, I never had a job that I was excited to wake up and go to work before.
    But I guess all good things must come to an end right?

ConsManagement. Leadership.
    If you are great at wearing that fake smile and pretending you are there for your employees then you are perfect candidate for the leadership career path. Prerequisites are not knowing your rear from a whole in the ground and the ability to go in dry with little to no remorse.

It's no longer what's best for the customer and employee, it's all about money. Everything went downhill as soon as Bob was forced out of the picture.

Advice to Senior ManagementC3 Managers, you are dealing with peoples lives here, not drones. It's no wonder this company has such a high turnover rate. Do what's right for the employee, they will then go out out of their way to help the customers, which will then naturally cause the company to profit.

One of the hardest, but most satisfying jobs I ever had.

Manager (Former Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsI had the ability to affect change on a grand scale and significant opportunity for career advancement. In 2010 the COO was 3 levels above me and KNEW me and the members of my groups. Figuring out how to work with such a huge environment was challenging and I had ample chance to feel accomplished.

ConsPart of GoDaddy's success was that the highest levels took a deep interest in what was happening bellow them. This has it's plusses, but it negatively affected in that every level of my chain of command directly contacted me for information, often the same. Raises were not given with promotions, I received very nice merit increases with review process and one market increase, but still ended my time significantly under salary for my role.

Great culture, great values and love the management!

Inbound Sales and Support (Former Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsMultiple shifts, multiple departments and job positions make for great advancement opportunities if you apply yourself to your job and take pride in what you do. Pay is above industry average and PTO plans are very generous; management in the department works with their employees for PTO requests if the system automatically rejects them. Atmosphere is fun, although the work is hard, you do feel a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day and that you made a difference.

ConsTheir PTO management is horrible b/c of the system they use to manage people taking time off and their preset "max" for each department, which is set arbitrarily. You will only get your PTO for vacation approved if you are more senior or work something out with your department manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of your PTO management section - their archaic policies are the reason I looked for another job in the first place. Either increase your max allowable for PTO use depending on department or allow top performers more priority to get PTO requests approved.

Fun place to work!

Bilingual Technical Support and Sales Representative (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsThey make sure you go through extensive training so that you know what you're doing before you start on the phones!!!

The people there are great! The management is definitely dedicated to making this a fun and stable environment for everyone that works there.

ConsYou have to start off normally by working at a later shift but with time they move you into better schedules. I guess thats the only thing I ever complained about! I only left because I was able to get a job doing what I went to school for!

Good Experience

Technical Support & Sales (Former Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsGood starting pay, Laid back environment.

ConsTOO focused on sales at times and forget the technical support portion of job.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus a little bit more on the technical support aspect, not just sales.

The people, culture, internal opportunities were great but the job was not right for everyone.

Inbound Sales and Support (Former Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsPositive team members, fun atmosphere, decent equipment (monitors, computers, headsets), overtime available, regular feedback, concerned managers, paid time off, significant daycare benefit, constant internal job postings.

ConsDaily sales expectations, insufficient training provided (learn as you go philosophy, not your job to fix all customer issues attitude), schedule changes with very little notice, constantly working in high call queue, shared cubicles, not enough time afforded off phones for product training and development.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe proactive at capturing employees' strengths and putting them in areas where they can be most successful rather than seeing them struggle in their present circumstance until they either fail and quit or get fired or manage to be proficient at it before moving them around.

Worked for GoDaddy? Contribute to the Community!