GoGrid Cloud Hosting

Updated Apr 12, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

John Keagy

Great place to learn and grow

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat opportunity to set your career path.

ConsIt would be nice to be given laptops

Amazing technology and great work/life balance.

ProsRelatively drama-free. Friendly people. Lots of company social events and catered lunches on Friday.

ConsSome accumulated tech debt can make developing new products slower than it could be.

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce tech debt.

Clouds in the sky

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGoGrid likes to innovate and create their own solutions with various opensource technologies. This gives you a wide breadth of options and the ability to see what the community is doing instead of being pinned down to vendor contracts or software license agreements (as a developer)

ConsSometimes getting a product or project to market comes at the sacrifice of a more complete solution.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe show how a product's spend (cost to develop) returns the company by sales and how much money we're making on that. Celebrate those successes and then continue to iterate on that feature (which is making money).

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

CEO breeds dysfunction.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsFree lunch on Friday's, frequent company fun activities. Good benefits, $10 Crunch fitness, good medical plans, 401K match. Location is good.

ConsThe CEO gets an idea for a product and wants it released to our customers before it is barely a V1 beta, thus our great new products that have potential never get fully bug tested or vetted. Then you have your best customers using those products and when they fail, you spend your time trying to save the customer.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the developers develop a fully functioning product before releasing it, don't cut corners. Someone stand up to the CEO.

Same old, same old

ProsThe people here are amazing.

ConsContinued bad strategy judgement calls.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. Trust that they know how to do their job but allow them to make mistakes.

Great Place to learn. Stagnant company growth lacking ingenuity in market place .

Sales (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsYou can essentially get your industry knowledge of cloud services here but you wont get it from management . You have to learn from techs, support, and systems folks.

ConsAt the helm there is very little in catering to the market place.Unwilling to adapt with what market actually needs is killing growth. Passing off a half baked solution as full fledged and turnkey is what kills this place. The folks at the head of product, and marketing ( vp's and managers) are completely out of touch with the actual customer base and lack industry knowledge . This makes sales efforts trivial and damages good people that have a passion to succeed in this space.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire VP's of Sales and marketing that know the space and pay them well. Stop hiring people in management that takes 2 to 3 years until you figure out they have no clue what they are doing. Build brand loyalty, it is not about the products or technology, but how you make it easier for customers do business with you.

Sales a Sinking Ship

Sales (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsFree lunch on Friday. Nice benefits. Good place to get your foot in the door into an IaaS provider.

ConsThere isn't a realistic vision how to grow sales. Management is clueless. Lost the start up culture to macho sales environment that doesn't mix well with tech team.

Lots of turn over.

The CEO is a tech guy, not a sales guy.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to veteran employees. If you ask opinions don't disregard them.

Could be better

ProsLocation is ideal
    No micromanagement
    Flexibility to create or establish your own role

ConsOver worked and underpaid
    Culture is changing too quickly and there's new employee older employee tensions
    Company direction is reactionary
    Company thinks its an 800 lbs gorilla and it's not

Advice to Senior ManagementLook internally to support much needed infrastructures. You can't grow the business if you don't fix the problems with the internal systems.

A company with vision but needing work to promote, retain & inspire the team

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGoGrid has a start-up feel but with some serious dreams to go big. People are friendly. Some of them are quite smart. Being a leader and innovator in the cloud is nice. Free drinks, good perks, free Friday lunch all nice.

ConsNeeds to reward its employees more. Start up feel is nice but need to work harder to retain smart talent with much more aggressive salaries. Becoming more corporate in procedures is taking away some of the fun.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork to retain employees...pay very competitive salaries and you will retain employees and attract more and better talent!

Easy going, but under valued

ProsFree lunch on Fridays
    Good medical, dental, eye care
    Relaxed atmosphere

ConsThey pay poorly and don't offer profit sharing
    Difficult product to promote in a very competitive landscape

Advice to Senior ManagementPay better, work on building a culture of success. The mood in general around GoGrid is collect a paycheck and go home.

Worked for GoGrid Cloud Hosting? Contribute to the Community!