GoJet Airlines

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Hulas Kanodia

Great Company to work for!

Flight Attendant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsTraining, Trainers, coworkers, travel benefits, everything!

If you are thinking of applying to gojet, do it. I have nothing but good things to say about this company. Alot of these reviews on here are CRAP! The supervisor in Chicago has not changed in a year. Every person I have encountered with GoJet have been nothing but nice. Also, the starting pay may not be up there with mainline, but they tell you that right from the interview. IF you want to be a successful flight attendant you have to be in it to do what you love, not for the money.

ConsNothing I can think of. During training, We didnt get much time on the aircraft itself, but it taught us to learn quickly.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the great work!

Flight Attendant

Flight Attendant (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsIt's difficult to think of the pros with this job. Most of the employees that I worked with were nice. So, I suppose sitting in the airports and actually working was generally pleasant due to the other GoJet flight attendants and pilots.

ConsThe training program is extremely cut-throat but generally not due to intelligence (sometimes) but rather to see if you simply fit the "GoJet culture". I worked there for about 6 months and was paid poverty level wages (I even calculated that those working in fast food at full time would have made more than we did). Ultimately, in those first 6 months we were making half of what was promised, and they make you pay for your own uniform and luggage (roughly one month's pay).
     I understand that you have to "pay your dues" in the aviation industry but you have absolutely zero control of your schedule (including days requested off...which were often denied). I was mostly called between 3am-6:30am to come fly, sometimes just to do a trip to Detroit and back. Crew scheduling was extremely disorganized and several times I left for the airport without knowing where I was headed or when I would be back, I was told to show up and they would get back to me. We are also on-call for 24 hrs a day for up to 6 days in a row. If you do not answer your phone or call back within 5 min (even at 4am) then there is disciplinary action. In the first 3 months I worked for them, I averaged 4 days a month that I flew. When on airport reserve the general vibe in the crew room was less than excited. I was told several times in my first month, "you'll be out of here soon". And they were correct.
    I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone who is taking their career or finances seriously. Yes, it might get your foot in the door to better companies but my advice would be to just wait for the better companies to become available, GoJet is not worth the headache.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet it together. The disorganization is appalling. Also, I find it very disheartening that you treat your employees like disposable cogs in your wheel. People need to make a living wage, your employees should be able to afford to feed themselves. And update the uniform, that polyester blend should be illegal.

Terrible airline to work for.

Flight Attendant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsEasy travel opportunities, based in Chicago, which is where I live.

ConsToo many to list, so here are the top ones:

The worst upper management I have ever encountered. They instill fear in their flight attendants from the very beginning. They encourage us to "write each other up" instead of solve differences like adults. They will fire you for "not being GoJet material", which I have discovered means if you have half of a working brain, and respect yourself and your time, you will not be GoJet material.

The crew scheduling department has been encouraged to work against crews. Release me from a deadhead at the end of a trip so I may travel freely? Nope, because "we may need you in ____". I haven't seen reserve in three years, so how can you use that excuse?

Minimum wage pay- potential fa's, you will make less than $17,000 your first year.

The lowest quality of life I've ever experienced. It is an investment for me to continue working here. Please do yourself a favor and try every other airline before you try this one. You will be better off.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop working against your employees. Recognize their worth, and maybe you won't find yourselves without a job in two years when this company goes under.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

X pilot

Pilot (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

Prosget to fly jets with great pilots

Consmanagement will throw you under the bus any time, smile in front of you, while sticking the knife in your back and turning it. don't say know one told you, training at flight safety is good dis connected from the instructors and you will not know what there testing you on flight test with GO JET PILOTS love to fail new hires because they have a failure on there record and want you not to get in front of them at the next job offering..so good luck hope this helps

Advice to Senior Managementthere going to stick it to you and smile while there doing it.:)

Working for gojet

F/A (Current Employee)

ProsExcellent and professional pilots and flight attendants

ConsToo many to list

Pilots, Stay Away if you would like to keep your Certificates!

First Officer (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsYou will get flight time.

ConsNo ASAP program or FOQA. Will not help advance your career if you are not willing to play ball.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. Their business model seems to be working. They save millions on their employees sweat and tears and yet people still apply.

How to mismanage a business into the abyss.

Captain (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsEasy hiring process, some nice HR people.

ConsLow Low quality of life, mismanaged into the abyss.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with respect

Not the best company for flight attendants

Flight Attendant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

Pros-Good experience for mainline opportunities
    -Great crews to work with

Cons-Management
    -Supervisor changes almost monthly
    -Salary
    -Scheduling
    -Reserve

Miserable

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe only pro is the travel but this can be accomplished with another company. I currently have switched to another airlines and the culture of the company is completely different.

ConsA company that really does not care about their employees. There is no job security here, they run a company based on fear for the flight attendants. They encourage "tattling" for lack of a better word and really don't treat their employees well.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet new management.

GoJet

ProsWe Pilots love brand New airplanes

ConsAs far as Cons go...None

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for GoJet Airlines? Contribute to the Community!