GoWireless

Be The First To
Add Photos

GoWireless President & CEO Kevin Elder

Kevin Elder

Pros:
  • "If you are driven and are willing to work hard you will make good money, but you are on your own, expect little help"
    in 4 reviews
  • "great products, friendly staff (mostly), decent pay, and pretty good commission structure"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "The biggest con of working for Gow is the way upper management treats their employees"
    in 13 reviews
  • "11 a hour for store managers kinda sucks"
    in 10 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Unsatisfactory

Richmond, VA

ProsThe chance to earn a base pay along with commission is really great. If you work hard and learn good selling techniques, you can earn a pretty nice bonus check. Pretty much guaranteed 40 hours a week. Honestly it can be a pretty easy job (depending on management).

ConsManagement sucks big time. I'm talking upper level management. HR, LP, Regional Sales Directors, Sales Directors, District Managers. They all suck. Poor organization and man management. Way too much turnover rate. Way too many contradicting rules and procedures. No real way to motivate. Overall, they don't care about you or the customer; just themselves. The company is filled with lies.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to manage. You are horrible at it.

Ok but Entry level Dont expect anything or you will get hurt

Sales Consultant (Former Employee)
    Fountain Valley, CA

ProsIF you have no Sales Experience or are young and want to learn basic management then these is the place for you. Or if your a college kid.. U can make good money if your working in the right store and if have good leader,..

ConsThey cut throw you for the dumbest reson. they have Sales Managers that Should never be Manager and or have amenability to be a sales teacher or leader... There are Rules over rules but they never enforce them cause there so stupid even they don't like them... ITS A WHO KNOWS WHO GAME NOTHING MORE OR LESS. Funny how I have 8 yrs of Sales management but u rather put a 20yr that cant sell in charge cause he has a kid and family...

Advice to Senior ManagementStop firing good producers over stuff they never did or so small can barley warn a write up. Stop putting ur friends and young people that don't have any quite how to lead or teach and r nothing more then yes men.

worked here for 3 years

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat products, friendly staff (mostly), decent pay, and pretty good commission structure.

Conshours, management, communication between sales reps and higher ups is delayed and diluted quite alot it seems. products NOT related to cell phones having a almost unobtainable quota on them, i.e direct Tv, Timewarner, etc. etc. micromanagement

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worked there for 2 years, really not bad but it seems like they will hire anyone.

Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee)

ProsSometimes super busy and sometimes downtime, industry where things are changing often which makes it more fun to work there. Helping customers is fun.

ConsWorked at three different stores and mostly I was the only girl working with 4 or 5 guys, most of them were nice but some of them were horrible and it was hard for me. The pay really isn't very good for managers.. Used to be better but they've lowered the base pay so its the same for everyone and only increases by a dollar or two with advancement, if you're a store manager you make the same base pay whether you are brand new or have 20 years experience, for example. I personally like it, but if you work really hard you can make decent commission.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more selective of the people you hire!

A decent employer for intro to the sales imdustry

King of Prussia, PA

ProsDecent training structure
    Hourly plus commission

ConsLack of communication with management
    inferior management structure
    lack of accountability

Advice to Senior ManagementHold yourself accountable
    you don't need to ask permission to discipline an employee that isn't performing

Love it!

Las Vegas, NV

Proswork hard, play hard, if you have the time, you can talk with anyone, everyone is open to discussions if you just approach them. continual learning to keep up with new technology

Consthere are many whiners that want to do less and get more time off and more pay. they are more willing to complain than put forth the effort to work hard

Advice to Senior Managementeach department is in their own world and they need to interact more

Micromanaged to death.

Store Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThe store staff was terrific. Assisted many great customers.

ConsHorrible benefits, high pressure sales culture is not winning repeat customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementTraining and ethics

Ethically and morally, there was no standard.

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    Baltimore, MD

ProsEnjoyed working with my co-workers.

ConsCustomers were lied to regularly.

Advice to Senior ManagementEstablish an ethics or moral conduct code. Focus on developing long term relationships with clients.

Great job for a full time college student.

Lexington, VA

ProsFun environment and reasonable pay.

ConsChange in commission payout was terrible. Rewarded actual sales people far less than before. Organization of management seems a little awkward and no real contact with anyone above your district manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind ways to become more in touch with your actual foot soldiers. GoWireless did well in the location I was at because they were the only real show in town. Throw in a little competition and all bets are off.

Not worth the time

District Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThe company was a great place to work until June 2013.

ConsThe regional VP lacks integrity, and the owner will not step in to change the companies fortunes. Employees are forced to write bogus reviews for high margin items to improve sales and poor reviews are given to low margin devices such as the iPhone. Also a $20 penalty is assessed to all low margin items which can not be waved.

Budgets are manipulated to reduce or eliminate payouts to store managers, and employees can expect their commissions to be changed with little notice.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is sad what GoWireless has become. They have struggled since last summer to gain traction and continue to operate at 70% and less of their previous years business. It is all on the shoulders of the poor decisions of the executive team, but the owner will not make a change. He is unwilling or unable to make a move against his friends and sits idly by as they drive this once thriving business into the ground.

Keviin Elder needs to wake up and purge his executive team rather than allow them to make excuses and blame their failure on the field teams.

Worked for GoWireless? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GoWireless reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for GoWireless CEO Kevin Elder. All 89 reviews posted anonymously by GoWireless employees.