GoWireless

Updated February 26, 2015
2.3

GoWireless President & CEO Kevin Elder
Kevin Elder

Pros
  • Pretty good commission structure that's very straightforward, and the company is enjoyable to work for (in 7 reviews)

• If you are driven and are willing to work hard you will make good money, but you are on your own, expect little help (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • The biggest con of working for Gow is the way upper management treats their employees (in 14 reviews)

• Upper management don't have a clue on how to treat employees in the stores including store managers (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Customer service and sales

Current Employee - Wireless Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Wireless Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at GoWireless

Pros

Good insurance plan, and several locations in the U.S. training is easy but takes a whole month to complete and start making commission.

Cons

Too many changes on commission structure. Many changes on management and rules to follow.

Care more about associates.

Nice Place to Learn Business

Current Employee - Store Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at GoWireless full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good place to learn business.
    Laid back environment

Cons

Doesn't pay nearly enough.
    Always afraid of stores closing.

Meh

I have been working at GoWireless

Pros

There is no pros as of yet that I can see.

Cons

Commission is a joke, Half of my pegs are empty because they wont send us enough accessories to fill the store. Recently bought out by go wireless and have felt like they really dont care about us here. Very little help.

Take some time with the new stores and get them up to speed with EVERYTHING.

Largest Verizon retailer expects the most production for the least pay.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Huntington Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Huntington Beach, CA

I have been working at GoWireless

Pros

Since they are the largest retailer of Verizon they probably will not go out of business hence job security.

Cons

Unless your selling 80 phones per month or more the commission is not worth it.

Anyone can get promoted.

Be Smart, read the reviews and don't work here.

I worked at GoWireless

Pros

A job - while you are searching for another. The company as a whole is adequate, however, the unbelievably backstabbing management overrides the positive. This could be a wonderful place to work if someone makes an effort to seriously address the revolving door syndrome.

Cons

Exceedingly arrogant upper management, whose complete lack of respect for employees is apparent on all levels. Disregard for hours put in, unrealistic workload, and passing down the blame for every error known to man is the norm. The audacity to actually hire or promote someone who has no business managing people is the joke of this company. A complete lack of professionalism and a pattern of condescending comments by the directors adds to the revolving door syndrome, which is never ever addressed by human resources. The choice for corporate leadership is an absolute joke where only the hard working employees suffer until they eventually quit.

Advice to the Owner - WAKE UP. Fire your snobbish department directors and employ actual department mentors who are concerned and work with - and not above employees. The "boys club" management seems to care less about their employees and more about giving themselves awards, plaques, vacations and accolades. Shameful indeed and everyone knows this.

Great corporate atmosphere

Former Employee - Lease Administrator in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Lease Administrator in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at GoWireless full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunities for advancement
    Caring CEO and Officers
    Competitive Pay
    Quarterly team building

Cons

Like all companies the bad seeds reap the benefits of the good ones

Get rid of the whiners and drama creators, this cancer spreads too quickly. If they are not 100% invested in the GoWireless culture and vision they do not belong there.

Not even worth a full star!!!!

Current Employee - Wireless Consultant
    Current Employee - Wireless Consultant

I have been working at GoWireless full-time

Pros

It was a job when I desperately needed one

Cons

Always getting threatened by upper management. if the upper management wasn't happy about our sales they thought that threatening us would make everything better. We are not children, we are adults. If you want something done just say it don't threaten us. You will neve get the respect you want and think you deserve from your employees if all you do is threaten them. Apparently the Store Manager obviously has no purpose of being in the store either. If you have any kind of issues like sick kids needing to go to the hospital and bring in a Dr's excuse proving that is the cause of missing work or leaving early instead of out partying or something and your SM approves it you still get written up for it and constantly have your job threatened even if it iced over the night before and you're dodging trees trying to get to work because you're told you'll lose your job even when you've never been late, never left early and never called out in over a year. It's absolutely ridiculous how they think their employees are going to be ok with threats! And then your DM comes into your store cursing everyone out because another store caused him to lose money for not making their numbers when the company won't even do anything to even let the community know that the 3 month old store is actually there. No grand opening or any kind of promotions of the company to let it known to the community it actually exists.Upper management needs to get their stuff together and get off their power trip before they become the sole cause of bankruptcy for the company because their employees get tired of their threats and leave them high and dry and they become stuck!

Get your stuff together. Your employees are not your punching bags. Threatening them will not do anything but cause disgruntled employees and if you stay on the same track, you're going to wake up one day out of a job yourself because you yourself caused all your employees to give up on you and the company because we are all better than threats! If you don't want to demote yourself and work our job watch yourself before you wind up having no other choice but to work our job because nobody else will put up with your threatening crap!

Not worth it at times.

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at GoWireless

Pros

Good manager pay. That's about it.

Cons

Upper management is poor, favoritism, and everything else.

Learn to actually coach your teams. I would type more, but it's pointless.

Literally a premium retailer

I worked at GoWireless full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I had a job. Comission was okay in the beginning but got worse.

Cons

Scheduling sucks manager never liked closing. Management was more worried about writing employees up and sending note to files then encouraging employees. I started out really loving the company because everyone did there share but I never realized why we went through so many employees until after a year in. This company I have to say has caused the most stress that I have ever dealt with on a job. I'm happy I left and DON'T EVER WANT TO GO BACK. You will not have much time to socialize. Every time you go into work they are complain about something that isn't being done. The goals aren't that bad but it's management trying to pull unrealistic goals that are the worst. I know the company lost a really good person so too bad for yall. By the way customers complain all the time about being a premium retailer and the price difference. Be prepared to deal with that apply at your own risk.

Create a stronger management team. I think that you guys should do suprise visits to see what employees really go through. You will meet some really great people that love the company. Kevin Elders I never got to meet you but I wish I did heard a lot of good things about you so keep up the great work.

I have worked at GoWireless for about three months now. It's a job that I would recommend to someone for short term but not a long term career. Okay commission. Benefits are not to brag about, location ( rye brook rye ridge) offers downtime but not much foot traffic

Current Employee - Wireless Consultant in Rye Brook, NY
    Current Employee - Wireless Consultant in Rye Brook, NY

I have been working at GoWireless full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Flexible management ( when I needed days off, I could work with management to get them)

Great reputation ( I would constantly hear from customers how we offered better customer service experience from us than the store in port Chester )

Privately owned stock ( because "we" owned the stock, the company could discount and run independent promotions from what verizon wireless was running )

Tips ( customers appreciated the time I took to go above and beyond the "call of duty" and offered tips in the 10 to 20 dollar range ) company allowed the tips or gifts up to 50 dollars

Good amount of downtime

Cons

The amount of downtime ( In sales, money is the goal and downtime without customers is no good)

Foot traffic ( I would make my numbers every month but could definitely do better if The store had a higher foot traffic )

Management out of touch ( management didn't realize the obstacles we faced in obtaining customers)

In competition with cooperate Verizon wireless stores ( because we are a "premium retailer", we are constantly labeled as not a "real Verizon" store. Had to explain why/how we offered same services as a " full service" store )

Benefits ( after working three months, I have yet to receive benefits that company offers...)no 401k plan, health care ( heard it's sucky), discount on verizon Fios.