GoWireless Reviews

Updated October 16, 2014
2.4

GoWireless President & CEO Kevin Elder
Kevin Elder

Pros
  • If you are driven and are willing to work hard you will make good money, but you are on your own, expect little help (in 4 reviews)

• great products, friendly staff (mostly), decent pay, and pretty good commission structure (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • The biggest con of working for Gow is the way upper management treats their employees (in 13 reviews)

• Upper management don't have a clue on how to treat employees in the stores including store managers (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

NOTHING was good enough.

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Store Manager in Harrisburg, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Store Manager in Harrisburg, PA

I worked at GoWireless full-time (less than an year)

Pros

One of few wireless providers to provide a base salary in addition to comission.

Cons

Long hours, often worked single coverage in stores. Most days were 12 hour days. Often received e-mails disparaging your most recent sale if you didn't successfully sell EVERY company goal EVERY time.

Get real. Continuously made it harder to get paid comission each month by raising thresholds and not adjusting thresholds for smaller volume stores. Insulting sales associates via e-mail or over the phone doesn't engender the desire to do better.

Good place to work, With great management.

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at GoWireless full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Training is adequate. Pay is pretty good. Customers are awesome (most of the time) and Stores are usually in busy areas and that helps sales.

Cons

Only thing i can think of is just the different hours from day to day. But it's retail sales what do you expect.

The Top people in the company need to come in a bit more often, rather than running to the back and getting on their laptops then insulting everyone for the 5 mins they are on the floor.

Decent experience

Former Employee - Wireless Consultant in Abingdon, MD
    Former Employee - Wireless Consultant in Abingdon, MD

I worked at GoWireless full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The environment is laid back for a retail store and work life balance is great considering you never have to get up early or stay real late considering the store opens at nine and closes at nine. If your looking to build your resume its a great way to get key holder experience, sales experience, and management experience if your good at sales.

Cons

The pay is terrible and with an ever changing commission structure its hard to stay ahead of it. Its sales so if you take a vacation or have any medical issues you have to hit your quota and if you don't the end result will not be great. Management at the district level could do more to develop Store Managers instead of just choosing someone from what seems at random to run a store (I thought individual sales would matter but I was wrong)

Stay competitive with the bigger box retail stores with prices but continue to offer great service. Also develop your current employee base and you could reduce turnover and have more successful stores.

you have to work

I have been working at GoWireless full-time

Pros

they can teach you alot

Cons

the pay isnt that good

Amazing

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at GoWireless full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Got promoted to store manager my first year of employment. Very low priced phones and plans and accessories for employees the company really shows they care for their employees. I work in CAR2 and management is beyond helpful and supportive. decent pay even tho I believe stores mangers should get paid more since we are held to such high standards and always the top performers in our locations. And the company is all about good customer service.

Cons

$11 a hour for store managers kinda sucks. should be near 15 or 16 in my opinion. Also sometimes stores are understaffed and it's hard to find good people who learn quickly.

Keep up the good work Car2 management I have no complaints so far.

Run fast and far

Former Employee - Wireless Consultant in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Wireless Consultant in Washington, DC

I worked at GoWireless full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decent entry level sales job.
    Coworkers make the job fun.

Cons

• pressure to sell inferior products.
    • focus on what's right for the company and not customer.
    • under handed tactics are rewarded.

Leave the business you are a parasite.

Worked my way up to a raise only to have it taken away in one draconian cut.

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at GoWireless full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Company had progressive pay plan based on building store volume up to certain levels. HAD good bonuses at times.

Cons

Bonus structure changed too often, inventory levels were inadequate to really build up the business. Eventually upper management made the decision to drop mangers to a low hourly wage rather than continue salary.

Your sales force is your lifeline to making sales. Treating them as commodities that can be paid hourly wages took away all incentives to work for this company

A once great place to work run into the ground.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at GoWireless full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Commission upside if you pay VERY close attention as it changes frequently.

Cons

Dj Postle is quite likely the worst person you could ever work for. Constant belittling, no positive reinforcement for front line staff and a general 'better than thou' attitude has driven many great & long term employees away from his district.

Too much differentiating in culture from one area of the company to the other.

Stop with the pay cuts and when your whole staff points the finger at someone who is treating them poorly then make a change.

Ok but Entry level Dont expect anything or you will get hurt

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Fountain Valley, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Fountain Valley, CA

I worked at GoWireless full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

IF you have no Sales Experience or are young and want to learn basic management then these is the place for you. Or if your a college kid.. U can make good money if your working in the right store and if have good leader,..

Cons

They cut throw you for the dumbest reson. they have Sales Managers that Should never be Manager and or have amenability to be a sales teacher or leader... There are Rules over rules but they never enforce them cause there so stupid even they don't like them... ITS A WHO KNOWS WHO GAME NOTHING MORE OR LESS. Funny how I have 8 yrs of Sales management but u rather put a 20yr that cant sell in charge cause he has a kid and family...

Stop firing good producers over stuff they never did or so small can barley warn a write up. Stop putting ur friends and young people that don't have any quite how to lead or teach and r nothing more then yes men.

worked here for 3 years

I worked at GoWireless

Pros

great products, friendly staff (mostly), decent pay, and pretty good commission structure.

Cons

hours, management, communication between sales reps and higher ups is delayed and diluted quite alot it seems. products NOT related to cell phones having a almost unobtainable quota on them, i.e direct Tv, Timewarner, etc. etc. micromanagement