Godwin Pumps

Godwin Pumps Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

John Michael Paz

Great business growth potential, but top brass needs to let managers manage their businesses

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood products, great brand, branches all across the country.
    Career opportunities with parent company.

ConsManagement gets involved in too much detail. Who thinks ahead and plans when all day everyday is meetings and chasing sales reps?

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not micro- manage. Let the skilled and customer- focused people do their jobs.

Take the customer focused rental model to new countries across the world and give good branch managers opportunity to work overseas for a while to get the business started.

It may be different now that Paz is gone but it was a horrible experience between 2007 and 2009.

Marketing (Former Employee)

ProsActually, after long reflection, apart from the weekly paycheck, there were none. Benefits were so-so. Salary was average.

Cons$250 million dollar company run like a lemonade stand. Owner (Paz) had to control every single facet of the business. Even Senior Management had no purchasing authority. Paz had to approve EVERY invoice. No HR department to speak of, no formal job descriptions or requirements, no reviews ("we do a review when we think it's warranted"), no business plan. Paz got sucked in to some kind of custom software out of a firm in England that promised inventory management, A/R, A/P, CRM and everything under the sun and it totally sucked, but because Paz had sunk $3 million in to it, if you criticized it you were fired. Everybody was in fear of their jobs, half the managers and branch managers kissed Paz's ass so they were good guys. Godwin succeeded in spite of themselves because they had a good product. The sales guys basically had only to sit and wait for the phone to ring. No marketing plan except for trade show booths. Paz would curse out employees in front of their co-workers, top to bottom. His temper was horrible. A 55-year old bachelor, living with his mom, he couldn't understand why all his employees didn't want to work 70-hour weeks. If you left before 6:30 at night, your dedication was suspect. In early 2009, he laid off a bunch of employees out in the field offices and then bought himself a nice Range Rover. That's the kind of guy he was.

Great company to work for.

Inside Sales (Current Employee)

ProsThe company really cares about their employees and you can tell that they value training and helping their employees advance in their careers.

ConsThe only downside I have found is that I have a college degree and I feel like I should be making more money.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive the Inside Sales Reps a little bit better incentive for helping the outside sales reps and they might try to sell better.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I cannot wait to get out.

ProsThe pay is above average,benefits are above average,people who are not in management are a pleasure to work with.

Consmanagement does not listen to employees belittles them pushes them to want to quit makes rude comments when others are not around if you do say anything you are considered a enemy and someone to get rid of if you tell they will go to great lengths to find out who it was

Advice to Senior Managementi would suggest listen to employees complaints and concerns about the way they are treated.a management review for employees to fill out and turn in where they are not asked for their name but a honest opinion of the management at there branch The company would learn a lot about branch level management..

Worked for Godwin Pumps? Contribute to the Community!