Gogo Business Aviation

Updated November 28, 2014
Updated November 28, 2014
3.1

John Wade

Solid company continuing to improve

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Gogo Business Aviation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Gogo is a well positioned company which has long been a leader in business aviation communications, and working toward leading in commercial as well. There are many extremely talented engineers who make work enjoyable and deliver excellent products. Management regularly seeks input from employees and takes action based on feedback. People speak openly and frankly at all levels, and respect is generally very high. The new building was a much needed upgrade in space, natural light, and amenities. While there are high expectations on delivery, work/life balance is still maintained reasonably well.

Cons

Engineering teams operate quite differently across products. Agile methodology is still somewhat new here however teams are given a good amount of room to self-organize. There is pressure to deliver on schedules that are already set, and improvements still needed to keep from making commitments before having a fully formed plan. Issues with management have been mostly addressed and the work environment has improved substantially in the last couple of years, however there is still ongoing work in cleaning up past problems.

Great Place to work so far

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Gogo Business Aviation full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have only been here for a short while, but this is a solid company. Sure every company has its issues, but this one is really trying to do the right things. They have a very cool product that is one of the best in the industry and leadership that is open to ideas. I have not seen anyone being worked to death either, sure we all work hard, but it seems manageable.

Cons

At this point in my time here, I really have not seen many cons that I would write about. I am sure in a few more months or years, I will find some, but for now, seems like they are solid.

Keep listening to your employees and always remain customer focused.

It's been great

I have been working at Gogo Business Aviation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I've worked at Gogo (used to be Aircell) for several years now. I don't agree with the very negative comments posted by earlier posters. The company has gone through huge changes and growth of the last few years and some folks just didn't fit into what the company has become, which is a leader in airborne communications. It's a very open environment, lots of cool technology to work on, fast paced and lots of opportunities to make a difference.

Cons

Moving into the new office space is going to make a big difference, it's an amazing office with lots of lab space and shared areas. The company does need to make sure it's managing the growth though as some managers do appear to be getting challenged to manage larger teams, but overall I've got very few complaints.

Make sure you don't over promote managers into positions they can't be effective in.

Great work-life balance, awesome co-workers, innovative exciting company...

I have been working at Gogo Business Aviation

Pros

Great work-life balance surrounded by talented people who are passionate about what they do. Forward thinking company with a great vision. Laid back environment and great benefits,

Cons

Current building is not so great or inviting. I am really looking forward to working in our brand new, high-tech facility!

Continue to look for ways to improve.

Good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Gogo Business Aviation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Company is looking to improve and make this place a "home", not just a paycheck. Constantly looking to improve where they can and wanting employee feedback.

Cons

Some growing pains due to change in size and the rebranding but it's being handled well.

Keep listing and learning.

Fast paced and exciting

Current Employee - Engineer in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Engineer in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Gogo Business Aviation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

* Gogo BA is a good place to work in a great location. Convenient location allows easy commuting from Denver or Boulder.
    * The company is fast paced and people are re-assigned to different projects depending on executive direction. There is a great flow of information from the top when change occurs to let you know why the change was made and how it impacts the company's performance.
    * The ability to work with a team is mandatory at Gogo BA, people are all willing to assist to get the job done. A very friendly environment where most people know each other and are generally willing to assist with executing to objectives.
    * Pay is good overall, and there are a good number of talented people working at Gogo to mentor, train and assist with personal growth.
    * Great products and a leader in the aviation electronics field.

Cons

* PTO and benefits aren't the greatest in the market compared with other tech companies in the area. Flexible schedule and working from home aren't really options for anyone here. This presents problems with many people commuting an hour plus from distant areas of the Denver metro area.
    * Formal training is almost non-existent here, unless you can find an free online program to advance your career. Tuition reimbursement for completing a college degree is limited to majors that directly benefit your job responsibilities.

Keep up the good work on identifing opportunities for the company.

Great place if you want to make a difference

I have been working at Gogo Business Aviation

Pros

- You can make a difference at any level. You do not need to be an executive to be heard which is really refreshing.
    - It is a culture of accountability and trust so if you do not embrace that, this is not the place for you!
    - People are fantastic and nice! You can be yourself here.
    - Really looking forward to the new building and all its perks!

Cons

- I wish the executive team would make tougher decision, quicker.

Good Company, Great People & Moving in the right direction

I have been working at Gogo Business Aviation

Pros

Very laid back and inviting culture, great compensation and work-life-balance. The majority of the people are intelligent, hard-working and want to move the continue to move the company in the right direction. It's truly amazing what this compnay has accomplished and I think a lot of people here believe in it's future and growth. Very interesting and rewarding work. I feel like you really can be heard and make a difference here.

Cons

There are of course people that have been here since the company was created and want things to "be like the old days". The company is no longer just 50 people and it is growing like crazy. Great changes are happening, and the people that do not want to be a part of the changes need to move on.

Continue to try and be transparent and admit to your mistakes. Be cautious of the growth. Reward the right people.

Growing company and interesting work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Gogo Business Aviation as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people and culture. Bad behavior is not tolerated by management because the culture is more important. Compensation is very good. Now have espp! management is responsible and has made a very profitable company. We got raises and promotions all through the downturn!

Cons

Management has a road map but doesn't communicate it or appear to execute to it.

Day to day management is pretty good. The strategic view is less clear.

Amazing people work at Aircell!!

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Coordinator in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Coordinator in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Gogo Business Aviation as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Even though I am hired as a contractor I am amazed at how wonderful it is to work here. The people are amazing and treat me like I am an employee of the company. I am definitely looking forward to being hired on permanently as I know I will make a great contribution to the company.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about the company.

Keep doing what you are doing.

Gogo Business Aviation Photos