Gogo Reviews

3.4
Michael J. Small

1. Great Company.

I have been working at Gogo

Pros

Fun and fast paced work environment. Great benefits.

Cons

Too many managers stepping on each others toes.

Advice to Management

Organize the groups better, combine and disband other groups that do the same thing.

Don't pass up an opportunity to work for a great company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

I have been working at Gogo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work/life ethic within a fast paced leading edge technology company.
    Moving downtown to be in the center of business and an active lifestyle.
    People are very supportive and always willing to help understand the products, services and language of our business.

Cons

Rapid growth means fast paced activity requiring rapid start-up. You must be willing to run with the herd or you will be left behind. Not for the timid or complacent.

Advice to Management

Continue to improve the onboarding process. Give newbies a deeper dive into the products and services offered. An overview of frequently used acronyms would be very useful.

Love this company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

I have been working at Gogo (Less than a year)

Pros

Gogo really cares about their employees. They are always thinking of fun, creative ways to do nice things for their employees or offer new benefits. They do company breakfasts, offer $100 monthly commuter benefits, free emergency day care, and have social gatherings. The people are so friendly at this company and you can tell they are proud to say they are Gogo employees.

Cons

Because of the large amount of growth in short period of time we continue to go through growing pains. Still trying to figure out best ways to organize departments and get people in best roles to help company be successful.

Advice to Management

Develop a curriculum for Manager development training. There are so many new managers that really need guidance on how to best lead their teams. A structured training program would be really beneficial.

Rewarding role in a growing company

Current Employee - Technical Lead in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Technical Lead in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Gogo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- The company is growing and I've learnt a lot of things since coming here.
    - The pay is good and benefit package is great. I like the flexibility e.g. hours, working remote and PTO etc.
    - I work in a great team and feel like its a family vs. dealing with work colleagues
    - I've had great opportunities to progress, had a promotion and had easy access to training when I've asked

Cons

- The environment can be fast paced which is good - but sometimes moves too fast. This can sometimes lead to confusion and communication breakdowns

Advice to Management

Continue with the improvements I've seen over the last few years. The company is moving in the right direction

Inspiring organization with momentum

I have been working at Gogo

Pros

Gogo is a rush- in the best sense of the word. The work is fast paced and refreshing, requires focus and tenacity, and I continue to be inspired daily by what we are accomplishing. I feel people’s ideas/opinions are respected, find there are growth opportunities for those that seek out ways to positively impact the business, and appreciate the flexibility offered.

Cons

Buckle your seatbelt. For those that enjoy evolution and growth, Gogo is a great place to be. But it’s not for everyone. If you don’t easily adapt or are not open to change- this wouldn’t be a place for you. Same goes for work load, with all the new ideas and possibilities, the work load can challenging but manageable.

A great place to work if you like a fast paced, constantly changing, fast growth company

I have been working at Gogo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a company, we get to do things no company has ever done before. Its pretty cool to be a part of. There are plenty of opportunities to grow a career if you are willing to work hard and make your own way.

Cons

Work/life balance can get tricky as the workload can be very heavy.
    The office is in Itasca (moving downtown in 2015!!)
    The company is growing very quickly (pro) and sometimes it takes a bit for the infrastructure to catch up (con)
    Middle management needs to improve their skills

Advice to Management

Invest heavily in current employees to develop them
    Work to make sure the company vision is clear

Exhilarating environment, entrepreneurial spirit and energy

I have been working at Gogo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Intellectually challenging across all functions
    incredibly high bar for talent with great results
    Better than average pay and benefits
    Better than average career opportunities

Cons

A lot is expected, this isn't a company in a maintenance/mature stage on the growth timeline; 40 hours a week probably won’t get most jobs done. If you work here, you have to be flexible and have thick skin, things change fast

Advice to Management

Stay in touch with all employees through communication on strategy for growth and development. Don't be shy about syaing what works and what hasn't

Fast paced environment

Former Employee - Illinois in Itasca, IL
    Former Employee - Illinois in Itasca, IL

I worked at Gogo

Pros

Good work environment, great people to work with, lots of interesting projects

Cons

Upper Management does not know how to run the business, the growth will be short lived and the company will end up in stagnation, unless there is a shake out of the senior management.

Advice to Management

Realize that either the organization as a whole succeeds or fails. If you feel one part of the organization is more important than the other, that will be a recipe for disaster. Be involved in the happenings of the organization at all levels and provide guidance and vision to the organization as a whole. The company has great potential, unless there is a change in attitude at the management level, you will not be able to realize the full potential.

10. Great place to work

I have been working at Gogo

Pros

Fast paced, challenging environment, lots of opportunity to contribute

Cons

Work life balance can be an issue

Gogo is growing

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Gogo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company is growing by leaps and bounds every year. With international expansion and new products being offered the sky is the limit for Gogo. Gogo really wants to create an excellent company culture for employees and had introduced this with added benefits, social activities and a move to downtown Chicago from the suburbs!

Cons

With growth comes pains. Management hasn't figured out where everyone fits so roles are not clearly defined. Growth paths aren't clear either, management is top heavy so its sometimes hard for employees to move up.

Advice to Management

Create a clear definition of roles for all employees and foster a clearer path for growth. within the company. Recruit from within instead of hiring outside and being so top heavy with management.

RSS Feed </> Embed