Gogo Reviews

Updated September 24, 2014
Updated September 24, 2014
2.9

Michael J. Small

A great place to work if you like a fast paced, constantly changing, fast growth company

I have been working at Gogo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

As a company, we get to do things no company has ever done before. Its pretty cool to be a part of. There are plenty of opportunities to grow a career if you are willing to work hard and make your own way.

Cons

Work/life balance can get tricky as the workload can be very heavy.
    The office is in Itasca (moving downtown in 2015!!)
    The company is growing very quickly (pro) and sometimes it takes a bit for the infrastructure to catch up (con)
    Middle management needs to improve their skills

Invest heavily in current employees to develop them
    Work to make sure the company vision is clear

Exhilarating environment, entrepreneurial spirit and energy

I have been working at Gogo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Intellectually challenging across all functions
    incredibly high bar for talent with great results
    Better than average pay and benefits
    Better than average career opportunities

Cons

A lot is expected, this isn't a company in a maintenance/mature stage on the growth timeline; 40 hours a week probably won’t get most jobs done. If you work here, you have to be flexible and have thick skin, things change fast

Stay in touch with all employees through communication on strategy for growth and development. Don't be shy about syaing what works and what hasn't

Software Engineer

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Gogo

Pros

A good team to work with, work and have fun

Cons

The human resource seems not so great.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Growing company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Itasca, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

I worked at Gogo as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Innovative and growing company. Flexible and friendly.

Cons

The pains that come with growth in staffing, communication and resources.

Keep communicating and listening to employees

Dynamic and challenging

Current Employee - Senior Manager-Sales Operations  in  Itasca, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Manager-Sales Operations in Itasca, IL

I have been working at Gogo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Gogo is the industry leader for inflight connectivity. The atmosphere is dynamic and interesting, this is driven by our evolving technology offerings. I have found my treatment here to be fair and the salary very good when compared to similiar companies. I'm a manager, but find that I have ready access to our leadership. Our CEO is very approachable and seems to be able to easily connect to the employees.

Cons

Gogo (Commercial) is still an immature comapany with a cutural that is still being developed. Some managers have been placed in positions that do not play to their strengths and this can cause some discourse. Our leadership has begun to recognize this and taken steps to change that.

Better recognition of Gogo's "bench strength", especially on the aircraft side.

Acquisition Specialist

Former Employee - Contract Management  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Contract Management in Chicago, IL

I worked at Gogo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good pay, med.. benefits, fast paced, cutting edge, innovative

Cons

organizational growth pains give perception of slight disnorganization, non-efficient use of resources.

implement 6S/pmo

High energy environment, but not enough resources

I worked at Gogo

Pros

Interesting industry, product, entrepreneurial atmosphere

Cons

Incredibly fast-paced and stressful environment. No respect for work-life balance.

Work life balance is not bad, lacks focus

I have been working at Gogo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you have a family, you can take time off to take care of familial duties. I don't feel like I'm punching a clock or being watched. Just get your work done. We're adults.

Cons

There isn't a well thought out strategy. People make excuses for it, "we working a rapidly changing industry", but that's not it. I've worked at large companies in high tech with serious competitors and change. The customers are in aviation...the FAA is involved...it's not moving that fast. It feel like it's one or two people making all decisions and those two people don't cooridnate, think the same always. So see-saw, back and forth, here there. ADD.

Focus. Delegate. Hire people from tech companies who have done some of these things before. Outside of the satcom and network items, it's not rocket science.

Caught in the Middle of Growing Pains

I have been working at Gogo

Pros

The company is fantastic in terms of its products and services. The people are fantastic and there is a certain energy that comes from being in a creative environment. A lot is expected of you but if you can deal with fast paced then it's the perfect place to be.

Cons

The company just rolled out its new values (should have had that a long time ago) and they are actually kind of lame. They are things that any person who works in any company should be doing. There are not many benefits either. I mean the standard ones but not too many perks or other benefits. Benefits are done on paper. Really?!? A technology company and you don't have working technology. Internal processes like training, development, career progression, role clarity are almost non- existent. Lot's of talk but at the end of the day, actions don't show.

Lead by example. Don't hold employees accountable for thing you are not accountable to. Invest in training and development. Not just for a few but for everyone. Don't tell people in their interviews that this is the best company to work for and talk about all the opportunities that just wont happen. It's a waste of peoples time who come to Gogo thinking it's a step up and after a while realizing in some regards it's a step back.

Cutting edge accomplishments in slow-paced environment.

I worked at Gogo as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Gogo pays well, is wonderfully flexible, and the things you get to work on are deeply interesting. They are thisclose to being a top-five place to work in their class; it would take just a small cultural and philosophical shift. If that shift comes, flood the place with resumes.

Cons

The company is bogged down badly by an excess of stakeholders, a lack of role clarity, and odd internal priorities. The value is in process over product, and the processes themselves are broken. I root for Gogo to get it right.

Streamline product approval processes by aggressively clarifying roles and approval authority at all levels.

Gogo Photos

Gogo Lobby
Chicago

+ Add Photo

Worked for Gogo? Contribute to the Community!