Gold Coast IT Solutions

My Employer

Current Employee - Java Software Developer  in  Rancho Cordova, CA
    Current Employee - Java Software Developer in Rancho Cordova, CA

I have been working at Gold Coast IT Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The Tech Analyst Program here is one of a kind – ideal for graduates who are looking to build their careers learning and working with some cutting edge technologies at some of the biggest names in the industry. My experience here started when I joined after graduating from Carnegie Mellon University with a degree in CS in 2009; one of the worst times to graduate due to the financial crisis. Being an international student and needing sponsorship to stay and remain in the US, I was desperate for opportunities but unwilling to compromise and take up entry level positions, especially those that were not challenging or providing the right platform for me develop my Tech skill set. I was in a state of quandary, as it seemed like none of the big names were keen to make the financial outlay to sponsor and hire international students. I was about to give up hope and planning to return to India when a friend recommended GCIT. It seemed like a great opportunity, as they were recruiting for their Tech Analyst Program for folks interested in careers in Java and willing to sponsor folks like me for a H1-B visa. After a very rigorous interviewing process which included an Online test, followed by a Tech Interview and finally a Client Services team interview at their Washington DC office, luck was on my side and I was extended an opportunity to work using Java JSF at their project at JP Morgan Chase in Wilmington, Delaware. It was kind of ironic that I would be ending up working at JPMC as they had come interviewing on campus but had not extended an offer. Before I started at JPMC, I went through an on-boarding process at the GCIT facility in Tyson’s Corner, VA where I went through close to 6 weeks of very intensive Java training. This was very demanding as this was very hands on and required all day training for 5 days a week, for 5 weeks without break and included visits to the JPMC project location where I got the chance to meet and work alongside developers who were already deployed at the JPMC Project. The hands on along with customized training tailored to the project where I was going to be deployed greatly helped me in developing my Java skills and building confidence in my abilities. As part of the Tech Analyst Program you have the option to rotate either within the same organization or change domains after one year at a client. Hence after year one, I ended up opting to work on the Ebay project in CA. Apart from being on the West Coast, this opportunity gave me the chance to get involved in real time analytics using Big Data, Hadoop and MapReduce and opened a totally new world in technology to me. Today, close to 5 years after being out of college, on my second H1-B visa and with projects at JPMC, Ebay, Goldman Sachs and Amazon; I’ve transitioned from being a Java Developer to a Hadoop Developer and am enjoying every bit of this ever changing dynamic world within Big Data. Looking back its been an awesome journey and am every thankful to destiny that I did not in desperation settle for a dead end career like some of my friends did at that time.

Cons

Over the years, the company has become very selective in it’s recruiting (mainly recruiting from top programs) and I feel that they may be overlooking many candidates who given the type of mentoring and training that I received when I started could be great resources.

Recently a lot of the incentive compensation has transitioned to being cash and bonus based. I would recommend that they still offer employees the option to receive these rewards also in stock so folks could further partake in the company’s success and benefit when the IPO happens.

Good people, big dreams and a great company

Current Employee - Java Developer  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Java Developer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Gold Coast IT Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

The coming together of some of the most brilliant folks that I've ever worked with, a collaborative work environment and a culture where average is not an option make this a great incubator for folks who love technology and programming. The mentoring and direction that I received here helped jumpstart my once flagging career. The profit sharing program being open to all employees allows the opportunity for even new recruits to share in the success of the company. Finally, the client services team puts a lot of thought in matching each person completing the Tech Analyst Program with an opportunity that matches their skill set best.

Cons

Not much to say here been really enjoying my time here.

Currently those in their first two years with the company are not considered to work on any of the international projects at Gold Coast. I think the opportunity to get international work experience and exposure in the beginning of one's career could be pivotal in todays recruits being global leaders tomorrow.

My time with Gold Coast IT Solutions.

Former Employee - Senior Analyst  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Gold Coast IT Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

This Company has a clear vision that is not only the mantra of a few high level managers, but something that can be seen being manifested at even the lowest ranks. Building economically viable, long term solutions for their clients is motto that the company cadre epitomize here. I joined the company as part of the Tech Analyst Program (TAP) and the culture here of continuous learning and development, provided me with the opportunity for accelerated career growth along with opportunities to work in different sectors.
    Successful TAP participants enjoy significant responsibility and opportunity to contribute to business results and may experience semi-annual salary increases commensurate with performance. The program also provides exposure to business leaders in a culture that recognizes and rewards excellence.

Cons

The company is making a big foray into Big Data Analytics and the future success of the company may become tied to how receptive the world is to Big Data based technologies.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

“GCIT Solutions has gone the extra mile for me since day one”

Current Employee - Manager- Marketing  in  McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Manager- Marketing in McLean, VA

I have been working at Gold Coast IT Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

GCIT Solutions provides a dynamic work environment where individual skills are galvanized in within the parameters of a collaborative team framework to providing industry leading technical talent. This is a great team to be a part of and is changing the game for many clients in the Northeast and Midwest. If you are interested in joining a team that is thriving and operates with a high level of professionalism this is the place to be.

Cons

I’m originally from Mississippi and would have loved to have opportunities to work there.

Please try building some clients in the Alabama and Mississippi areas.

An unbelievable journey

Current Employee - Senior Java Developer  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Java Developer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Gold Coast IT Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Got the opportunity to work with some really bright and nice people who are willing to go out of their way to help mentor you in the pursuit of your goals.
    The recruiting team here has been great with helping me identify and hone my strengths along with creating the career shaping opportunities that have helped me from being a junior java analyst to now a lead developer on a Federal Project with security clearance. Pay is “Fair Market” and professionalism in working along with caring about what's in the best interest of the employee is of paramount importance here.

Cons

Before the addition of the new Employee Relations Team, I would have stated they were a bit understaffed in this department as the company seems to have grown by many folds since I joined (GCIT is one of the fastest growing companies in the DC metropolitan area as they have won several huge contracts in the last 3 years).

Love the culture here and please try maintain this as the company grows further.

Big promises, Nothing to show for it

Former Employee - Java Software Developer  in  McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Java Software Developer in McLean, VA

I worked at Gold Coast IT Solutions as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

- The people were nice and answered all my questions as they should. Very helpful, if you are vocal about things.
    - The area where you will be living is pretty average. It's not like the slums or anything.
    - They do reimburse you for the flight over like they said they would.
    - They do train you to help prepare you to get a job with one of their clients.
    - Internet is faster at the apartment than at their office.
    - You can get a job if you just bear with the horrible living conditions and excel through all their training/testing.

Cons

So many to name, it's not even funny. but here's a few things:
    - The first week you are there, it's basically a trial run. They told me that they don't actually hire you for the second week,. You are basically competing to get the job the first week and if you pass then you get to stay. Otherwise you go home. They do not pay for the return trip, so that's money out of your pocket if you don't get hired (sign their contract so they can get you placement).
    - They promise you that there will be food provided, both prepared meals and a kitchen. What you get? Nothing, they don't provide anything unless you ask for it. Then when you do and give them a list, it's like they throw it out the window and gives you stuff that you can't even cook with. For example, cereal with no milk, spaghetti with no sauce/meat, burgers with no buns/lettuce/tomatoes/condiments. Like really? There were no prepared meals provided at all.
    - The apartment complex has a big living room and a couple of rooms. The problem is that they make it so that you are sharing each room. Two people in a small ass room. Also there are no beds. All you get are air mattresses.
    - Transportation provided? That is nonexistent as well. The most you get is the free shuttle fare from the airport, and then they literally have people from the company come and drive you.
    - They are supposed to come pick you up and show you the apartment when you get there. That did not happen at all. You're pretty much dropped off and have to look for the exact place yourself. If you can't find it, good luck getting them to answer your calls.

For the company themselves:
    - They promise that you will get a job in a month after training guaranteed. It's not, you are just eligible to get a job.
    - Training is free, but you don't get paid either. And if you don't get a job after your 1 month, you have to stay until you do while not getting paid.
    - Benefits/pay is pretty much nonexistent. They are a staffing company that trains. So you only get benefits and pay once you obtain a contract from their client.
    - Most of the day, you don't even know what is going on. There is no transparency on the information. Most of the time people are just sitting around waiting for a call
    - Their office on the floor. They really just rent out a couple of rooms, and the rest are leased by other companies. They have like 52 companies in the entire building, and when I asked around, there is about 7-8 different companies on the floor they have their office setup at.

All in all, I had a very hard time looking for reviews of the place. I couldn't find anything to be honest so I took a chance and came here. But I hope this review will help others if they are contacted by this company.

If I have to give advice on how to treat your employees, you shouldn't even be allowed to do business.

Professional and Upfront

Current Employee - Java Developer
    Current Employee - Java Developer

I have been working at Gold Coast IT Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have had a very good experience with my employer. Although not a perfect experience, no employment is. I was an experienced Java developer with not much knowledge of the J2EE world. I was put through an intensive training program and then sent to consult for a client. I have been here ever sicne. i would like to list the following attributes I have found at Gold Coast.
    - Very professional
    - Excellent Corporate facilities
    - In-depth technology knowledge

Cons

The down side has been very long hours at the consulting location. Although I have been provided good support by the technical support team at Gold Coast, I have found them to be a little hard to reach at times. I have also sort a HR review of my salary package and have been pushed out till end of year for the salary review, although I have found that this is a usual process with all other employees with them, to have the review in Jan.

Please have your support department a little more accessible by phone, although their e-mail response is fast enough. Some issues are best to discuss over phone.

Worst experience, please do not waste your time working with this company.

I have been working at Gold Coast IT Solutions

Pros

Get Job fast if you smart enough.

Cons

Low pay. No management system ,own and manage by only one person.

Please let all people in your company do their jobs.

Worked for Gold Coast IT Solutions? Contribute to the Community!