Gold Coast IT Solutions Reviews

Updated January 22, 2015
11 reviews filtered by
4.6
CEO

Great Company with opportunity for growth. Good culture as well.

Former Employee - Engineer
    Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at Gold Coast IT Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Intelligent, savvy and engaged management at all levels. For the most part, individuals at this company are enthusiastic and dedicated. Initiative and innovation are rewarded,

Cons

Long hours and difficult to establish work life balance.

Big Data and a MS in Computer Science

Current Employee - Hadoop Developer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Hadoop Developer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Gold Coast IT Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

After graduating with a MS in Computer Science and interested in Big Data, I interviewed with a lot of companies and found none of them were looking for someone like myself. I found that though I was very interested in Big Data and had taken classes on MongoDB, Hive, NoSQL etc., I did not have enough real world experience working on Big Data projects that most companies required.

Fortunately, I got connected to GCIT through a professor at my college who told me about their Tech Analyst Program which was a great entry point for graduates like myself who were willing to put the effort and hard work to build their career using some cutting edge technologies.

After being selected, I was given the option of joining their teams at either Amazon or Capital One. I chose Amazon as it was in Seattle, WA which gave me the opportunity to go back to Seattle my favorite city and also the city where I had completed my under grad.

Once recruited, the first few months, I trained and worked with developers supporting the project from the GCIT office and only went to Seattle to support implementation releases.

This exposure helped nurture and develop my skills in an environment conducive to learning and growth without the pressures of client interfacing which accompanied by the guidance of the mentor assigned to me helped greatly improve my learning curve.

Now I am permanently stationed in Seattle for the next year and an integral part of this project at Amazon. I am ever thankful to my professor for connecting me to GCIT where I have the opportunity to actually use some of the technologies that I heard in college would be changing the way people look at the IT industry.

Cons

The company should increase the number of grads it inducts into its Tech Analyst Program

My Employer

Current Employee - Java Software Developer in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Current Employee - Java Software Developer in Rancho Cordova, CA

I have been working at Gold Coast IT Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The Tech Analyst Program here is one of a kind – ideal for graduates who are looking to build their careers learning and working with some cutting edge technologies at some of the biggest names in the industry. My experience here started when I joined after graduating from Carnegie Mellon University with a degree in CS in 2009; one of the worst times to graduate due to the financial crisis. Being an international student and needing sponsorship to stay and remain in the US, I was desperate for opportunities but unwilling to compromise and take up entry level positions, especially those that were not challenging or providing the right platform for me develop my Tech skill set. I was in a state of quandary, as it seemed like none of the big names were keen to make the financial outlay to sponsor and hire international students. I was about to give up hope and planning to return to India when a friend recommended GCIT. It seemed like a great opportunity, as they were recruiting for their Tech Analyst Program for folks interested in careers in Java and willing to sponsor folks like me for a H1-B visa. After a very rigorous interviewing process which included an Online test, followed by a Tech Interview and finally a Client Services team interview at their Washington DC office, luck was on my side and I was extended an opportunity to work using Java JSF at their project at JP Morgan Chase in Wilmington, Delaware. It was kind of ironic that I would be ending up working at JPMC as they had come interviewing on campus but had not extended an offer. Before I started at JPMC, I went through an on-boarding process at the GCIT facility in Tyson’s Corner, VA where I went through close to 6 weeks of very intensive Java training. This was very demanding as this was very hands on and required all day training for 5 days a week, for 5 weeks without break and included visits to the JPMC project location where I got the chance to meet and work alongside developers who were already deployed at the JPMC Project. The hands on along with customized training tailored to the project where I was going to be deployed greatly helped me in developing my Java skills and building confidence in my abilities. As part of the Tech Analyst Program you have the option to rotate either within the same organization or change domains after one year at a client. Hence after year one, I ended up opting to work on the Ebay project in CA. Apart from being on the West Coast, this opportunity gave me the chance to get involved in real time analytics using Big Data, Hadoop and MapReduce and opened a totally new world in technology to me. Today, close to 5 years after being out of college, on my second H1-B visa and with projects at JPMC, Ebay, Goldman Sachs and Amazon; I’ve transitioned from being a Java Developer to a Hadoop Developer and am enjoying every bit of this ever changing dynamic world within Big Data. Looking back its been an awesome journey and am every thankful to destiny that I did not in desperation settle for a dead end career like some of my friends did at that time.

Cons

Over the years, the company has become very selective in it’s recruiting (mainly recruiting from top programs) and I feel that they may be overlooking many candidates who given the type of mentoring and training that I received when I started could be great resources.

Recently a lot of the incentive compensation has transitioned to being cash and bonus based. I would recommend that they still offer employees the option to receive these rewards also in stock so folks could further partake in the company’s success and benefit when the IPO happens.

5. Good people, big dreams and a great company

Current Employee - Java Developer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Java Developer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Gold Coast IT Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The coming together of some of the most brilliant folks that I've ever worked with, a collaborative work environment and a culture where average is not an option make this a great incubator for folks who love technology and programming. The mentoring and direction that I received here helped jumpstart my once flagging career. The profit sharing program being open to all employees allows the opportunity for even new recruits to share in the success of the company. Finally, the client services team puts a lot of thought in matching each person completing the Tech Analyst Program with an opportunity that matches their skill set best.

Cons

Not much to say here been really enjoying my time here.

Currently those in their first two years with the company are not considered to work on any of the international projects at Gold Coast. I think the opportunity to get international work experience and exposure in the beginning of one's career could be pivotal in todays recruits being global leaders tomorrow.

6. My time with Gold Coast IT Solutions.

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Gold Coast IT Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This Company has a clear vision that is not only the mantra of a few high level managers, but something that can be seen being manifested at even the lowest ranks. Building economically viable, long term solutions for their clients is motto that the company cadre epitomize here. I joined the company as part of the Tech Analyst Program (TAP) and the culture here of continuous learning and development, provided me with the opportunity for accelerated career growth along with opportunities to work in different sectors.
    Successful TAP participants enjoy significant responsibility and opportunity to contribute to business results and may experience semi-annual salary increases commensurate with performance. The program also provides exposure to business leaders in a culture that recognizes and rewards excellence.

Cons

The company is making a big foray into Big Data Analytics and the future success of the company may become tied to how receptive the world is to Big Data based technologies.

7. An unbelievable journey

Current Employee - Senior Java Developer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Java Developer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Gold Coast IT Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Got the opportunity to work with some really bright and nice people who are willing to go out of their way to help mentor you in the pursuit of your goals.
    The recruiting team here has been great with helping me identify and hone my strengths along with creating the career shaping opportunities that have helped me from being a junior java analyst to now a lead developer on a Federal Project with security clearance. Pay is “Fair Market” and professionalism in working along with caring about what's in the best interest of the employee is of paramount importance here.

Cons

Before the addition of the new Employee Relations Team, I would have stated they were a bit understaffed in this department as the company seems to have grown by many folds since I joined (GCIT is one of the fastest growing companies in the DC metropolitan area as they have won several huge contracts in the last 3 years).

Love the culture here and please try maintain this as the company grows further.

8. “GCIT Solutions has gone the extra mile for me since day one”

Current Employee - Manager- Marketing in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Manager- Marketing in McLean, VA

I have been working at Gold Coast IT Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

GCIT Solutions provides a dynamic work environment where individual skills are galvanized in within the parameters of a collaborative team framework to providing industry leading technical talent. This is a great team to be a part of and is changing the game for many clients in the Northeast and Midwest. If you are interested in joining a team that is thriving and operates with a high level of professionalism this is the place to be.

Cons

I’m originally from Mississippi and would have loved to have opportunities to work there.

Please try building some clients in the Alabama and Mississippi areas.

9. It’s been a great experience working with GCIT. After much consideration I joined here and I am glad to be able to look

Current Employee - Business Analyst

I have been working at Gold Coast IT Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great place to work. Appreciate the extra mile they go to help the employees. Awesome training and continuous learning and development helped me to scale up my career and move to different sectors.
    I’ve had the opportunity to work with some big fortune 500 companies and the talent development team here has been great with helping me identify and hone my strengths along with creating the career opportunities that have helped me to go places. They provide in depth training along with on the project support and guidance, which helped me develop my skills at a fast pace. Pay and benefits are great.

Cons

It’s been a pleasurable experience so far and I am yet to encounter anything that can be mentioned here.

10. Experiences that last a Lifetime

I have been working at Gold Coast IT Solutions

Pros

I have been working in GCIT solutions for the last 3 years and my experience here has been truly noteworthy. From just sheer growth that the company and people like me have experienced in the last few years, but also to the small things that make being a part of an organization worth it.

The team here has really helped me overcome my apprehension of being a part of a rapidly expanding organization. Since my onboarding till present, the company has been going through a surge of growth, yet the people somehow have remained true to the original state and committed to the vision while not losing on values that make it count

The time I spent initially in VA interacting with my peers and support staff really helped me get the much-needed direction I needed with my career and I feel that this has been intentionally organized to help motivate new recruits. Whether it was or not I really felt that this was the stepping-stone to my success.

In the last 3 years I have worked as a Business Analyst on some really interesting and cutting edge projects with Cigna and UBS investment that has elevated my working styles, experience and exposure and I strongly believe that working on these projects have also accelerated my learning curve and have pushed me to limits that have enabled me to be successful.

Constant reviews, touch points and support teams have been a part of the system since the beginning and helps connect well with the management, though, working out of the project locations on-site and helps with staying connected to the business and the people.

Cons

I feel that the screening system for fresh recruits has become a lot more stringent. Considering that the company has a very robust analyst development program, my thoughts are that they should make greater effort at trying to accommodate deserving candidates from not so top programs by commencing a pre-deployment training of sorts.

I hope that the current people-centric, relationship driven approach that is the trademark of the GCIT culture remains the same as the company expands since this has been one of my biggest motivators on the job

Worst experience, please do not waste your time working with this company.

I have been working at Gold Coast IT Solutions

Pros

Get Job fast if you smart enough.

Cons

Low pay. No management system ,own and manage by only one person.

Please let all people in your company do their jobs.