Gold Key PHR

Gold Key PHR Reviews

3.7

Bruce L. Thompson
1 Rating

Fun, exciting, lucrative, social place to work!

Current Employee - Cocktail Server in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Cocktail Server in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Gold Key PHR full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Face pace, upbeat, exciting work
    -Great possibility to make great money
    -Fun, helpful coworkers
    -Social environment with all walks of life
    -Dependable management and corporate employees
    -Great quality food and alcohol that basically sells itself

**I personally love my job!

Cons

-Very fast pace environment so new employees need to understand the level of expectations that the position requires (I personally LOVED the high expectations, so it wasn't necessarily a con for me)
    -Work all or most major holidays (Valentines Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas, New Years Eve) -- but make wonderful money on those days!

--Honestly, there are no major cons to working for this company. Its more of a personal preference basis of what you consider a con (Not working holidays vs working holidays and making great money!)

Continue to hire extremely qualified employees for the approaching spring/summer season-- working with other extremely qualified employees makes work easier for everyone!

Not the best place to work, but not the worst either

Former Employee - OPC in Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - OPC in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at Gold Key PHR full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Working at the beach is great, everyone is relatively friendly, people are generally willing to help as far as peers and management. To a certain extent, minus a lot of the petty drama, I feel like everyone was friends and it was easy to get invited to grab food or drinks after shifts. If you ever had any questions on how to perform better, both the managers and peers were usually pretty great with tips and letting you know some of your weaknesses or things you could work on to better your pitch.

Cons

The nature of the business can be scheming, some people have no morals and will do whatever it takes to step on you to get ahead, outdoors in the summer is hot and unbearable without shade, some of the tourists are rude. I think that the cons outweighed the pros for me, but if you are really a people person and great at casually talking to others and slipping in sales pitches, it wouldn't be so bad.

Very satisfied - the management and overall market consistently provide growth for associates and the company.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Gold Key PHR

Pros

Excellent reputation created by guests, associates and community.
    Consistently striving to exceed expectations, including internal operations and training associates.
    Large enough to be known to management and guests as a name and not a number.

Cons

Could use help on the technical side. Spending the $ on systems and applications to do the #s creates more time for guest-focused associates.

Continue to maximize the appreciation of "human capital". We are getting better at it each year!

mixed management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at Gold Key PHR

Pros

this is a growing company. There are possibilities to advance, but management overlaps in so many paces it's hard to know who your boss is.

Cons

They don't treat their employees that well. They try to get staff as cheap as possible and it shows. Hard to know who is boss.

Provide some clear definition of who is suppose to do what. To many cheifs and not enough Indians to say the least.