Gold Rush 1849

Updated September 24, 2014
Updated September 24, 2014
2.8

CEO

Great Company! Amazing Opportunity!

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Gold Rush 1849 full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Experience. What a resume builder. Gold Rush 1849 taught me everything I will ever need to know about marketing and sales. I truly feel I'm a better manager today because of them.

Cons

I'd moved and I had to stop working there. Leaving the team environment was the hardest.

Keep growing and pushing forward.

Signed up but canceled interview

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

I have been working at Gold Rush 1849

Pros

The people were very nice on the phone. Fortunately the reviews saved me from wasting my time.

Cons

The company will schedule you to come in as soon as possible. They will push for you to come in instead of taking other viable business interviews. They do not care whether you need to drive far or through rush hour...

Try to think about whether or not this person will enjoy working at this company over any onther company

Great Experience & Atmosphere

I have been working at Gold Rush 1849 full-time

Pros

You gain a lot of skills that can transfer to other positions such as sales, training, interviewing, and managerial skills. Also, you meet with new people everyday so there's never a dull moment.

Cons

The position is a sales role so you need be able to stay positive and motivated throughout the day. You have to be able to handle rejection and not let it affect you.

Door to Door sales with lie of base pay

I worked at Gold Rush 1849

Pros

Friendly, no other really pros

Cons

This is a door to door sales job with no base pay even though they promise you $450 + commission, you sign a contract for $450 + commission, they end up altering the contract and adding requirements to the base part for 3 sales a week which I was in the office for 3 weeks, an office of 45, the goal of the office was 90 sales a week, so you expect to make 3 sales a week?

Train better and do not make false promises and lies, it will catch up to you one day

Please do not be fooled! This is a SCAM, used to be VIII Marketing

Current Employee - Sales in White Plains, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in White Plains, NY

I have been working at Gold Rush 1849 full-time (less than an year)

Pros

NOTHING A SCAM
    This place needs to close, it is a pyramid scheme, they will con you into a job without disclosing the facts. If you want to be a door to door Verizon sales person with zero salary, and 100% commission based, this is the job for you. No travel is paid for, yet they require you to go door to door. These types of schemes have existed for at least a century and are illegal.

Cons

SCAM
    Door to Door Sales Job
    This is a scam, their old name is VIII Marketing/Cydcor. It is a complete pyramid scheme, I don't know how they are still in business, please do not fall for it!

CLOSE DOWN!

Unprofessional door-to-door marketing scammers

Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in White Plains, NY
    Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in White Plains, NY

I worked at Gold Rush 1849 full-time (less than an year)

Pros

None. Gold Rush 1849 is another one of those "marketing" chop shops that lure gullible recent grads by describing their jobs as "sports marketing" while in reality they hire grunts to do door-to-door sales.

Cons

This company is another one of those door-to-door solicitation enterprises that describes itself as a "sports marketing company" to drum up interest among college kids and recent grads. They make lots of grand promises and hype themselves with lots of meaningless business jargon, but at the end of the day they're looking for grunts to knock on hundreds of doors a day and hassle people into buying junk like "discount" phone plans. Often, their activities are illegal, violating local anti-solicitation laws while misrepresenting the products they're selling.

Additionally, while the owners of this company style themselves as "one of Americas premier outsourced sales and consulting firms," one has to wonder why one of the nation's supposed top firms employs high school graduates as "human resources managers" and sales leaders. These are kids operating a sales system one step removed from a pyramid scam -- when they send their grunts out to hassle people into buying things, they keep more than half of the money as commission. The more grunts going door-to-door, the more money they make. This is why they will try to hire anyone with a pulse, and why they are always trying to hire more people.

Lastly, the owners of this company have changed the company's name several times, and will continue to change the name as potential customers and employees catch on to the type of business they operate. This tells you all you need to know about the integrity of this business. Most companies are focused on building their brand and reputation, while these Gold Rush 1849 kids rename their company every time they burn their reputation to the ground. It's just part of normal business for them. Avoid these people.

Quit this business and go get a real job. You'll thank yourself for it in five years' time, when you've actually got something decent on your resume instead of "Gold Rush 1849," which is sure to leap out from any resume as a red flag. The name just screams "abominable pyramid scheme" and any hiring manager with a brain cell is going to know how you spent the first phase of your career.

Amazing company culture and Explosive Growth from Within!

Current Employee - Account Executive in White Plains, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in White Plains, NY

I have been working at Gold Rush 1849 full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Merit based growth, coaching / mentorship programs, management training and base plus comission salary options.

Cons

I have a far commute :)

I really enjoyed hearing about the philanthropy work and other activites such as kickball leagues and softball tournaments!! KEEP IT UP!!

Fun company culture!

Current Employee - Account Representative in White Plains, NY
    Current Employee - Account Representative in White Plains, NY

I have been working at Gold Rush 1849 full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Team environment, office nights are a great way to get to know your co-workers! Last night we went to Dave and Busters in Nyack. Everyone who works in this office is very friendly and social. I have formed many friendships over the past year of working at Gold Rush. I believe this is a great environment to experience at the entry level.

Cons

The parking situation in White Plains can be kind of tricky- but I am getting the hang of it!