Gold Rush 1849 Reviews

Updated August 16, 2014
Updated August 16, 2014

4.0

CEO

Great Company! Amazing Opportunity!

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Gold Rush 1849 full-time for less than a year

Pros

Experience. What a resume builder. Gold Rush 1849 taught me everything I will ever need to know about marketing and sales. I truly feel I'm a better manager today because of them.

Cons

I'd moved and I had to stop working there. Leaving the team environment was the hardest.

Keep growing and pushing forward.

Great Experience & Atmosphere

I have been working at Gold Rush 1849 full-time

Pros

You gain a lot of skills that can transfer to other positions such as sales, training, interviewing, and managerial skills. Also, you meet with new people everyday so there's never a dull moment.

Cons

The position is a sales role so you need be able to stay positive and motivated throughout the day. You have to be able to handle rejection and not let it affect you.

Unprofessional door-to-door marketing scammers

Former Employee - Marketing Assistant  in  White Plains, NY
    Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in White Plains, NY

I worked at Gold Rush 1849 full-time for less than a year

Pros

None. Gold Rush 1849 is another one of those "marketing" chop shops that lure gullible recent grads by describing their jobs as "sports marketing" while in reality they hire grunts to do door-to-door sales.

Cons

This company is another one of those door-to-door solicitation enterprises that describes itself as a "sports marketing company" to drum up interest among college kids and recent grads. They make lots of grand promises and hype themselves with lots of meaningless business jargon, but at the end of the day they're looking for grunts to knock on hundreds of doors a day and hassle people into buying junk like "discount" phone plans. Often, their activities are illegal, violating local anti-solicitation laws while misrepresenting the products they're selling.

Additionally, while the owners of this company style themselves as "one of Americas premier outsourced sales and consulting firms," one has to wonder why one of the nation's supposed top firms employs high school graduates as "human resources managers" and sales leaders. These are kids operating a sales system one step removed from a pyramid scam -- when they send their grunts out to hassle people into buying things, they keep more than half of the money as commission. The more grunts going door-to-door, the more money they make. This is why they will try to hire anyone with a pulse, and why they are always trying to hire more people.

Lastly, the owners of this company have changed the company's name several times, and will continue to change the name as potential customers and employees catch on to the type of business they operate. This tells you all you need to know about the integrity of this business. Most companies are focused on building their brand and reputation, while these Gold Rush 1849 kids rename their company every time they burn their reputation to the ground. It's just part of normal business for them. Avoid these people.

Quit this business and go get a real job. You'll thank yourself for it in five years' time, when you've actually got something decent on your resume instead of "Gold Rush 1849," which is sure to leap out from any resume as a red flag. The name just screams "abominable pyramid scheme" and any hiring manager with a brain cell is going to know how you spent the first phase of your career.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amazing company culture and Explosive Growth from Within!

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  White Plains, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in White Plains, NY

I have been working at Gold Rush 1849 full-time for less than a year

Pros

Merit based growth, coaching / mentorship programs, management training and base plus comission salary options.

Cons

I have a far commute :)

I really enjoyed hearing about the philanthropy work and other activites such as kickball leagues and softball tournaments!! KEEP IT UP!!

Fun company culture!

Current Employee - Account Representative  in  White Plains, NY
    Current Employee - Account Representative in White Plains, NY

I have been working at Gold Rush 1849 full-time for more than a year

Pros

Team environment, office nights are a great way to get to know your co-workers! Last night we went to Dave and Busters in Nyack. Everyone who works in this office is very friendly and social. I have formed many friendships over the past year of working at Gold Rush. I believe this is a great environment to experience at the entry level.

Cons

The parking situation in White Plains can be kind of tricky- but I am getting the hang of it!

Worked for Gold Rush 1849? Contribute to the Community!