Gold's Gym

www.goldsgym.com

Gold's Gym Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Aaron Watkins

Pros
  • free membership, could flex schedule with coworkers, wanted you to be customer service oriented(in 27 reviews)

• Free membership and flexible schedule(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Being on your own even at close of business, low pay, not a lot of organization(in 14 reviews)

• Front desk personnel not personable or polite in acknowledging members as they entered the gym(in 9 reviews)

the cleanliness is awesome, the staff is great

Front Desk (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

Prosits a good environment to be around, great staff to get along with, members are great and understanding

Conssome cons are that the pay could be better for such a gym title

Advice to Senior Managementthe management is well but the gym could use some more equipment such as the ones in the larger golds gym

Front Desk

Front Desk (Former Employee) Snellville, GA

ProsFree membership, friendly staff, discount on personal trainer.

ConsBeing on your own even at close of business, low pay, not a lot of organization

I learned a lot as well as enjoyed training my clients. The gym is an awesome fitness club.

Personal Fitness Trainer (Former Employee) Lagrangeville, NY

ProsI very much enjoyed working with all members, both old and new. It gave me great satification to train members, and teach them how to use the gyms equiptment as well as commucating with them, and being a part of their life1

ConsI felt the "competion" between some of the fitness trainers could result in some, "back stabbing".

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on doing what you are doing!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great place to work

ProsFlexible hours, and decent pay.

ConsNot a lot of room to move up. Once in a position you pretty much are there for years until you either find another job or the off chance that a new position opens up which doesn't happen often. Which is no ones fault it just is what it is.

It's fine as a second job

Fitness Consultant (Current Employee) Columbia, MD

Pros- relaxed work environment
    - flexible schedule
    - you get to meet a lot of new people
    - free gym membership
    - as a second job, the money is good (my real full time job still pays much more)

Cons- base pay plus commission - you will not be able to survive off of this if you are an adult and this is your primary source of income
    - minimal vacation time and benefits
    - can be repetitive at times
    - working weekends

Good overall experience.

Professional Personal Trainer (Former Employee) Acworth, GA

ProsI pretty much made my own hours as a personal trainer, so this job fit in perfectly with my school schedule.

ConsPay for personal trainers was on the low side. For example: the clients were charged approximately $35 to $50 per training hour, but trainers receive starting pay of around $13 per hour. Also, trainers are only paid while they are with clients.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook after your employees an they'll look after you.

Fitness Counselor

Prosfree membership, good coworkers, great environment ........................................................................................

ConsLong hours, low pay, bad upper management, no appreciation ..............................................................................................

Good working environment

Kids Club Associate (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsFree Gym membership, great coworkers, able to take your own kids to work

Conslow pay, no room for advancement, part time hours, very high turnover rate, split shifts, management takes forever to order supplies for cleaning up, not enough activities for the kids to do, lots of broken toys, some of the kids club rules are unreasonable

Advice to Senior Managementif employees were paid a little more the turnover wouldnt be so high, make structural improvements, Lower membership fees

Good stuff

Front Desk (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsGM was very flexible with giving days off. The job is very easy and the members are usually very nice.

ConsNot enough employees, makes it hard to call off in case of emergency.

No Hours, Bad Management

Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsNot really sure. My location wasn't that great, ended up shutting down. It was a relaxing job at front desk. No worries or goals.

ConsYou only get 1% commission, my GM talked it up. He didn't train, just sat in his office and expected us to know what to do. I barely got any hours, kept sticking me in kid's club. Gym ended up closing, wasn't making any money and the equipment didn't get taken care of.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure your GM's don't just care about themselves, and they actually get things handled and completed.

Worked for Gold's Gym? Contribute to the Community!