GoldBelt Raven Reviews

Updated July 3, 2014
Updated July 3, 2014

2.9

CEO

Challenging Technical environment, Great Team and a good place to gain valuable experience

Current Employee - Scientist  in  Frederick, MD
    Current Employee - Scientist in Frederick, MD

I have been working at GoldBelt Raven full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Positive Team environment for a gov't contracting position. Goldbelt Raven pays attention to represent the employees in a fair and reasonable way. Management is accessible and on site several times during the week

Cons

It is a contract and the security is only as good as the term of the contract

More educational opportunities as well as take aways on the benefits without feedback from the employees

Excellent contracting assignment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at GoldBelt Raven

Pros

- Good benefits
    - Very competitive salaries
    - Excellent Program Manager - Understands the business

Cons

- No career development provided

Busy but very Redundant

Current Employee - ESD Tier I Agent  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - ESD Tier I Agent in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at GoldBelt Raven full-time for less than a year

Pros

*Dont take work home
    *You will have an active Secret Clearance
    *Busy so day goes by quickly
    *Very Micromanaged*

Cons

This position will get very redundant, this is a great stepping stone but I wouldn't recommend staying here to long because you will loose your true troubleshooting skills because the way they are designed. The job isnt true IT troubleshooting. Everything is refer to a knowledge base for an issue, and I would say that 90% of issues are things that happen regularly and there will be directions out there to step you through everything. The job is pretty easy 7-4pm, 1 hour lunch, and 2 15 min breaks. They use call metrics, and monitor your calls and give you random evaluations.
    You cannot take any days off for you first 90 days so if you have children be cautious of that, also they only want you to take at most 4 vacation days a year.

Make leadership, Leads and Assistant Leads do more work, and stop walking around micro managing. Perhaps top performers get some kind of encintive.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Its not too bad, but it could be better.

Current Employee - Tier I Agent  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Tier I Agent in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at GoldBelt Raven

Pros

The pay is decent for this economy and market, you will gain a lot of valuable IT experience. The benefits package and holidays off are great. The workplace is very busy so the day will go by quickly. The company will pay for IT certifications if needed after your 90 day probation period.

Cons

Some of the leadership is not qualified, you have seasoned technicians who are still underpaid while office politics have boosted the careers of people who have only been working for goldbelt raven for less than six months. At the help desk we are a high volume center and we have a board that tracks all the calls, when everyone is on the phone and no agents are available the board turns red. Instead of the "Leads" helping out they walk around asking people to hurry up or they just stand there looking at the board. When you have 4-5 leads walking around bothering people or taking smoke breaks it can be quite annoying. Being a leader doesn't mean you stop working! Help the team out! These type of issues have brought the moral down at work in a big way lately.

It would be nice to see leadership get more involved in work instead of joking around all day. We could really use the extra help. I think accomplishments also need to be recognized, all of the promotions to leadership I have seen have been due to politics instead of work ethic. We need more qualified leadership, I have seen scenarios where the technicians have to train the leads, its just unacceptable.

Not very honest with employees

Former Employee - Budget Analyst  in  Frederick, MD
    Former Employee - Budget Analyst in Frederick, MD

I worked at GoldBelt Raven full-time for less than a year

Pros

It was a job when the previous assignment ran out. Salary and benefits were good. If you go in with your eyes open that a position with them is to expand your resume and be aware that their positions are NOT for people looking for a career then this is the place for you. Don't expect any more than that.

Cons

Leadership not very honest about opportunities for growth and development. A lot of down time the first few weeks while your security credentials are 're-verified'.

The management is doing their job - responding to the needs of the client. Keep up the good work.

Get out

Current Employee - Any  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Any in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at GoldBelt Raven full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good for former military with no prior IT experience. Good for aquiring secuirty clearance. Good for vegetables. Can be good pay, depending entirely on when you are hired. Good environment for networking for the next job.

Cons

Inconsistant direction. Little opportunity for advancement. Advancement reduces job security. Frustrating work environment.

Drop your personal agendas. Pick a policy and stick with it for more than a month. Your employees are people, like your wives and children, not machines.

Leadership

Current Employee - Tier I Agent
    Current Employee - Tier I Agent

I have been working at GoldBelt Raven

Pros

Great Pay, Holidays Off, steady shifts, busy, day goes quickly

Cons

There is definitely some favoritism when it comes to promotions, not to mention it looks like there are some pretty hardcore office politics going on.

watch the site lead, site lead seems to be nuzzled up too close to govt reps. worried site lead does not care for, nor will site lead protect tier 1 agents

Upsetting

I worked at GoldBelt Raven

Pros

The only positive thing was to get experence under your belt

Cons

The amount of stress is not worth it for the pay

NA

Worked for GoldBelt Raven? Contribute to the Community!