GoldSpot Media

Updated September 7, 2014
2.2

Tommy Eng
1 Rating

An opportunity to be at the forefront of mobile technology

I worked at GoldSpot Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

GoldSpot Media is a great opportunity for those that are not afraid of change and fast pace. This was a great opportunity to work with some of the greatest minds in the valley. I loved the multicultural diversity.

Cons

Being a startup there is little to no structure and standard processes. High turnover rate.

A potentially successful startup on failing path

I worked at GoldSpot Media

Pros

Working on new technologies. A few bright people in engineering.

Cons

It could potentially be a successful startup on but got on failing path due to leadership or the lack thereof.

At the cutting edge of innovation

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at GoldSpot Media full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Brilliant minds, good execution and great team work

Cons

Poor sales hiring, too many pivots

Focus more on sales, hire the right sales people and toughen up. You have provided us everything an employee can ask for - great technology, wonderful team, competitive salary, benefits and commitment to the cause.

After going through some of the negative reviews on this site, and having worked with the Founder/CEO right from the inception of the company, i can say that none of this makes sense. Chronologically, the first post on this site was written by a sales guy who had no clue how to build an ad network, even though we had the first-in-market pre-cached video ad product for mobile apps. The second by a marketing gal who refused to work with our offshore team siting time zone differences, and a bulk of the other posts are from sales people who were fired because of performance reasons.

I've worked in many companies, but haven't seen such a horizontal and flat management structure anywhere. The CEO and every VP is accessible and approachable to anyone in the company.

I'll work for the company and the CEO again any day, without a blink.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrible CEO

Former Employee - Sales Director  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Director in New York, NY

I worked at GoldSpot Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are not any that are prevalent to the lack of drive, innovaton and focus that overshadows the entire company.

Cons

No leadership, no direction, no consistency. The company has passed the time of success and can not even fill orders which they have in house properly.

The Board of Directors needs to replace the CEO and/or fold the company. This is a waste of money.

Plenty of opportunity to grow.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at GoldSpot Media full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working with a diverse, fun, smart and hardworking people.

Cons

Limited resources and this makes our tasks more challenging

Enjoy Working Here

I have been working at GoldSpot Media full-time

Pros

So far this company is pleasant to work in and has grown significantly over the years. Best things:
    - Friendly office environment with relaxed atmosphere
    - Employees that have some determination to see product through efficiently and adapt to inevitable changes.
    - Lenient working schedules
    - Success driven management
    - Monthly socials (if you make an effort to get to know people you work with, these are all the more interesting)

Cons

- Frequent organization within departments would be helpful here. (There is often confusion with who does what)
    - More fancy titles than individuals with the character to live up to them at times.

Quality over quantity. Equally enthusiastic ppl make a more content team overall.

This place is a JOKE!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at GoldSpot Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

hahaha......Every employee i speak to wishes there was at least one.
    From what I can tell by reading the recent comments about this company....there has been so many negative reviews it would not surprise me if the most recent "satisfied" comments came from the VP and CEO themselves.

Cons

EVERYTHING. This place is a mess. how they made it this long is shocking to anyone in the industry. One of the most disorganized companies i have ever worked for. No one here has a clue about media/advertising/digital.

Close the doors and save yourself a lot of money. Your never going to make it.

Dictatorship - no semblance of team or success

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at GoldSpot Media

Pros

Product works. Don't have to confine to a particular 9-5 regimen. Kitchen is somewhat stocked with snacks & drinks, but coffee is terrible.

Cons

CEO uses fear as his management tool - fear of one losing their job as a way to drive the company to success. It's no wonder there has been so much turn-over throughout the years this company has been "alive." There is a facade of culture with pizza & beer Fridays - but all that means is free food. The management team takes pizza and goes into a room to talk by themselves. No transparency for anyone not on the management team. People are treated like laborers and if they have any confidence in their work, it's quickly broken down by leadership that is completely disheveled and worried about their own survival. Sales people are expected to use their relationships to bring in business, but because of execution problems no one is willing to put themselves on the line. Revenue is non-existent.

CEO should step down and someone who knows how to grow a team should step in. Team leads should be able to work and not respond to every thought and idea the CEO has - there will never be any progress the way the company is run.

Frustrating!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at GoldSpot Media

Pros

They want to be cutting edge within the mobile rich media space. If you are interested in mobile then GoldSpot may have interested.

Cons

CEO constantly changes direction on product development and features. They never nail down one version of the products so it really works. Instead, he keeps updating with newer versions like 3.8, 3.9, 4.0 etc., without ever completely fixing problems from earlier versions.

The CEO should hire a great COO and get out of the way. Avoid meddling and nit-picking. Stay focused and on delivering a reliable product.

Good

I have been working at GoldSpot Media for more than a year

Pros

Company value is good, Office culture is good, Employee benefits are good

Cons

no cons, no cons, no cons

Worked for GoldSpot Media? Contribute to the Community!