Goldcorp

Goldcorp President and CEO Chuck Jeannes

Chuck Jeannes

Goldcorp - Marigold

Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) Valmy, NV

ProsVery good people and leadership, positive work environment, great compensation and benefits

ConsFairly remote location, short-term financial limitations, changing ownership

Great people, great benefits, committed to communities and environment, experienced and great leadership.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Valmy, NV

ProsLow costs, great people, company commitment to people and their development, company commitment to smart growth, 10 properties in low risk areas, great wages and benefits.

ConsFew properties in USA, means few US opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep overhead costs low, keep organization lean and efficient.

Best Company period

Mine Operation Training Coordinator (Current Employee)

ProsGood, smart and reliable work force, good chanel of comunication to the management, alwaiys looking to implement toptechnologies.

ConsSafety in Mexico is quite low, a lot of drug cartels and Militar confrontations every day, the only safe place is in the mine site.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue doing and supporting the company culture, you are in the right pad.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Safe Enough for Your Families

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Timmins, ON (Canada)

ProsGoldcorp has the greatest people working for them. The staff is very knoweldgeable and love their jobs. They have great beneifts and provide a standard 3 weeks of vacation for all staff.

ConsSalary could be higher and earning 4 weeks of vacation could come sooner.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work, don't become a RIM or Microsoft.... keep working hard to be the best!

Working in Goldcorp

Miner III (Current Employee) Thunder Bay, ON (Canada)

ProsGoldcorp has a great position in the industry, being a industry leader Goldcorp takes great effort to provide a safe, healthy and profitable working environment for employees. Goldcorp encourages transfers between different working sites and there are many different carrers such as miners tradesmen, mill technicians, refiners, assay technicians, training, HR, engineering, secretarial, mechanical, electrical, construction, carpentry, and many more. Goldcorp offers numerous employee education and improvement programs to inspire leadership and growth of people. Goldcorp also pays competitive wages.

ConsFrom my experience some of the negative aspects could be the remote location of some mine sites. requiring the employee to work on a two week on two week off schedule, (which is also a good thing for some people.) Mining is also not the easiest of jobs. Underground operations also have a higher risk factor.

Advice to Senior ManagementI enjoy working at Goldcorp. I really encourage our senior executives to continue the strategy being put in place. Continue being open and approachable. Having been able to meet many of the corporate executives in the company I work for, is one of the many reason I would never work anywhere else.

It's a great place to grow!

Rather Not Tell (Current Employee) Vancouver, BC (Canada)

ProsIt is a growing company with lots of opportunities.
    We are treated fairly and with respect
    Our compensation and benefits are probably best in class.
    Goldcorp represents all that is positive and challenging in the mining industry: A wide variety of geographic locations, leading edge technology, many different cultures and constantly changing production challenges.

ConsThe senior leadership team is distant, inaccessible and seemingly not interested in the rest of the company.
    Other than that, we really cannot complain!

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide us with your thoughts on where we are, where are going and what you think makes Goldcorp a great company. Providing this type of info only to investors DOES NOT COUNT!!!!
    It is clear that you are not a unified team. Please rectify that.

Worked for Goldcorp? Contribute to the Community!