Golden Enterprise Marketing

CEO

18 Employee Reviews Back to all Reviews

Great Place for Hard Workers

I have been working at Golden Enterprise Marketing full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you're a confident people person and have the drive to commit yourself to a goal, you'll do great. Everything is straightforward and clear. Excellent work environment and everyone is very supportive.

Cons

You put in a lot of hours and your paycheck is up to how hard you want to work. Could be good, could be bad, all up to you.

Keep it up

Incredible Learning Experience!!

I have been working at Golden Enterprise Marketing full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Personally, i am someone whom wants to excel in marketing and sales because this is the field where one develops themselves and makes the big bucks! My major is economics so this is right up my lane. The money is excellent, although the first two weeks are the initial development stages, and tend to be more difficult, it is also extremely rewarding and beneficial in many ways. I am an active person, so i love that i am able to work, and mentally develop my business skills on a daily basis. "Being lazy or unmotivated, will not assist in growth in any true business environment" has always been my moto, and i get to put that into practice daily. I also really appreciate all of the great leaders who have tirelessly helped me become more skilled. I have been promoted and started building a team of my own. I hope to be promoted to manager within a year!

Cons

If you are a full time student or parent, this may not be for you. This is a Management Training Program, and a full-time career, which requires commitment. From my personal experience, it is absolutely worth it! This opportunity has changed my life for the better ! One unexpected phone call can drastically improve your life. Utterly grateful!

I love the contest's! Keep them coming!

Lets get real

Current Employee - Sales in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Sales in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Golden Enterprise Marketing full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Full Time Work, Nice Co Workers, Positive Environment.

Cons

Door to door Sales, Takes money to make money, no hourly wage, Long hours, work weekends, No guarenteed pay.

Keep it up

Great Business Experience!!

Current Employee - Lead Account Manager in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Lead Account Manager in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Golden Enterprise Marketing full-time (less than a year)

Pros

My time at G.E. Marketing has been phenomenal. I started working here in March of 2014. I find every day to be fun & exciting. Not to mention the amount I have learned about life & business while working there. Overall, I can't imagine working anywhere else!!

Cons

The parking downtown can be a pain sometimes.

Pyramid-Scheme Company, Keep Looking Elsewhere

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Golden Enterprise Marketing full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great for single individuals with no debts and who need sales experience. For those without prior sales experience, the skills you acquire through training and in the field look great on a resume. The office environment and team building activities after work provide a fun, easy-going atmosphere that helps offset the stress of door-to-door sales. Although the sales tactics you will use are the same pesky ones we all hate, you offer legitimate deals on phone, internet, and TV packages, so there is no guilt of screwing anyone over.

Cons

Terrible pay and hours for anyone with debts and a family to support. Pay is completely commission-based; you don't make a sale, you don't get paid for all your hours and hard work. Although a program is offered to help offset pay when weekly commissions are under a cetain amount, that amount is well below the poverty line and does not cover bills typical of most households. 10-13+ hour work days, 6 days a week. No time for family or to take care of non-work related obligations, placing significant strain on relationships and finances.

As each day goes by, red flags continue to pop up.

#1: During the interview process, they claim they are hiring 400+ employees as managers because they are expanding. At first this sounds legit. They want everyone to start at the bottom and work up to the manager position they are being hired for within the first year so that they can experience first hand what everyone below them will be doing. The reality seems to be that they do mass hiring to ensure the bottom of the pyramid is well-stocked so each level of the pyramid can continue to receive an income. This is proven true with the high turn-over rate and the fact that everyone hired in the past year or so were all told the same thing during their interviews.

#2: Tiny office for a marketing company that employees hundreds to thousands of individuals at any given time. If these 400+ employees are going to be managers, where will they be working? At the time of this review, the company does not have any plans in place for relocating or opening other locations to make room for these employees as they complete the process.

#3: Misleading explanation of pay during interview. On the second day of the interview, be sure to ask for clarification. They provide you a printout detailing each step of the ladder from initial training to the full management position they say they are hiring you for and hope for you to reach by the end of the year. Here's a brief sample of how they explain the pay:

- The first step is basically a training stage where you are closely monitored and lasts 1-4 weeks. They say you will be paid between $400-600 a week depending on performance.
     - The second step is when you are on your own. You will be paid between $600-900 a week depending on performance and receive 100% of your commissions.

Each step has you making more and more until you reach the top and become salary, where you can anticipate up to 6 figures a year. When you hear this, you are led to believe that during these stages, you will make, at a minimum, the low end of the scale plus partial and then full commissions on the sales. The reality is you don't get paid a penny by the company. If you don't make $400 or $600 in sales in a week, you don't see any of that. If you make 0 sales during the 10-13 hours, 6 days a week despite all efforts, you make $0. You are only paid the commissions and nothing else.

#4: The employees who have been with the company for more than a few months claim to make good or even great money, but all have roommates to help offset bills and continue to state that their goal is to own a house even when the pay they should be making by that point in time should make a mortgage more than affordable. Even taking into account that some employees may make poor financial decisions and lifestyle choices outside of the workplace (as made evident by those living together yet can't pay their shared bills and/or go out partying almost every night), it seems odd that with the amount of money and the time-frames presented during the interview process should leave nearly every single long-term employee unable to stand on their own two feet financially.

#5: While some new employees show excitement and satisfaction despite the poor pay and questionable reality of how the company works, many employees within their first few months doubt the legitmacy of the company and seek each other's opinions about whether it would be wiser to quit while they are ahead and find new work. Some individuals in this stage do go out and find other work while reporting false numbers so that they can continue to make sales in the meantime.

#6: Reviews by current and former employees posted online are either negative, neutral, or questionable. Although sites like this one do their best to ensure accuracy, all positive reviews of GE Marketing appear to be written either by the company itself (not hard to do), satisfied employees the company specificcally approached to write a review to help offset negative ones, or by individuals just starting out who completely believe eveything they were told during the interview and have not had the time to let the reality sink in (and, again, most likely approached by the company and asked to post a review).

#7: By the time you are a month in, you have put in more money than you have made with little hope of improvement. The culture of the workplace requires two wardrobes: suits and professional casual. If you don't already have several suits (complete with shirts, ties, and shoes) for time in the office and some nice, professional yet casual clothes for going door-to-door, you will need to stock up on them. Even if you can make a couple outfits stretch those 6 day weeks, you are still looking at hundreds of dollars spent on clothes. Then factor in the cost of gas (won't stay low for long), dry cleaning, parking (the office is downtown and only provides free parking for the people being interviewed), etc. Within the first month you can easily spend over $1,000 but, despite all those long hours, hard work, and dedication, you will make under $800 before taxes on your first bi-weekly paycheck (less than the low end of what they claimed you would make). Once you have your wardrobe complete, the costs will go down signficantly, but the pay will continue to stay too low to provide for your family or pay bills.

#8: If you show a lot of promise and make great sales, you suddenly are slapped back-to-back with sales terrorities in low socio-economic areas where making sales is nearly impossible because potential customers simply cannot afford to enter into the contracts. In a normal sales job, this tactic makes sense; send your best people into the hardest places to make sales, and they will make sales happen that others cannot. In a pyramid-scheme company where you only get paid if you make a sale and you only get promoted to the next level based on the number and consistency of your sales, employees have to question if they are intentionally being kept down to ensure the bottom of the pyramid stays larger than the higher levels. Although the higher levels should want more sales from the bottom so that they can make more, they benefit more from a lot of people on the bottom making only a few sales so that they can't move up. The more people move up, the harder it is to keep the bottom level large enough to support the rest of the pyramid.

These are just the major points that make some of us question the legitimacy of what this company claims. For those who have families depending on them, debts that need to be paid, and/or simply desire to stand on your own two feet, this company simply will not be a good fit, even if the opportunity they claim to provide truly does exist.

Provide clarity about how employees are paid and how much they will actually make (not how much you hope to see them make). -OR- Provide a guaranteed paycheck, even if only minimum wage based on the long hours you make them work, to all of your employees.

Be mindful that individuals with families to support are only going to be hurt by your current set-up. You should not tell them, "Don't worry about money. I make six figures a year teaching others how to make six figures a year," if they aren't going to make enough money to pay their bills or buy food for several months or longer. If you can't pay them enough to meet basic needs while keeping them working all waking hours (preventing them from taking steps to seek assistance in the meantime), they should be worried about the money!

Consider hiring individuals to work partial hours and in their spare time like other pyramid-scheme companies. Those at the bottom can benefit greatly from starting out as a means of supplemental income while earning a stable paycheck elsewhere. Over time, they can become more committed to working their way up the ladder knowing that, at the very least, their most basic financial needs are met. This will also ensure you always have individuals at the bottom and lower your turn-over rate.

“True test of sales skills and personal confidence”

Current Employee - Account Representative in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Golden Enterprise Marketing full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Lots of opportunities to learn and establish yourself as a top performer. Working outdoors in a multitude of locations. Sky is the limit for how much you choose to make.

Cons

High employee change over, this type of sales is definitely not for everyone. Company is still growing and with that come many pains especially when some choose not to act in a professional manner.

Thanks for all the hard work from you all and I look forward to learning more!

“Current Employee, Perfect Fit ”

I have been working at Golden Enterprise Marketing full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Fun culture, everyone is like-minded, and goal-oriented. There aren't any negative people, or employees talking about how much they want a different job. Everyone here knows this is the right fit for them, much like myself.

Cons

It does take some time to fully learn the business, but once you get it, you get it.

Keep up the amazing work, they're all worthy of people to look up to.

Golden Enterprise Marketing Response

Jan 14, 2015CEO

Greetings Valued Employee,
    Thank You for your response.
    We are pleased that you are learning, and progressing with Golden Enterprise Marketing!

AWFUL work environment

I have been working at Golden Enterprise Marketing full-time (less than a year)

Pros

No good reason to work here.

Cons

They lie about compensation, give you no money to travel all over Colorado, and they constantly give the wrong employees a chance to run a company of their own.
    A 60 hour work week that always leads to nothing, and the pay is very poor.

Leading by intimidation and constantly bragging about how much money you make is poor management.

No ceilings!!!!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Golden Enterprise Marketing full-time (more than a year)

Pros

When it comes to promotions, you can't hit a ceiling! I am so excited for this opportunity! I have seen quite a bit of accomplishments already. I have never been with a company that offers this kind of reward.....I did see the negative comments and they are full of crap. The people are awesome and the office as a whole radiates a positive atmosphere. Whoever said this was a scam clearly did not create success for themselves. They did not work a full day and did not take their position seriously.

I will say they did not pay attention and also were not prepared on a daily basis. Laziness does not create success! I'm pretty sure the people that wrote those comments are bitter because of their lack of dedication. I watched several promotions and all of those people had what it takes to to receive that promotion....Considering this office has expanded across the United States three times in this year alone shows that this company is not a scam!

I am very disturbed that people would comment on a company that has demonstrated its success in such a distasteful manner. The people that wrote those comments did not get promoted and were let go because they do not have a business mindset and will end up flipping burgers or filling taco shells. The opportunity is endless and of course the work you put in always pays off. That goes for any company out there.

This company is legit and has provided me with a steady income, medical benefits, and strong business ethics. The atmosphere is professional and I must say it feels nice to put a suit on. Wearing that nasty uniform on a daily basis did not leave me feeling like I had accomplished anything. I also like knowing that I will never be laid off. You can't beat that!

Cons

This job takes a lot of work.....If you do not have a drive to succeed then this job is not for that individual. An open mind is also key.....Close minded dry people will not succeed in this line of business......Do you stare at a computer and relate well with a device or people? Techies will not be successful.....Facial piercings are not accepted....Certain tattoos as well....This might be a con for you if have numerous facial piercings.

Be prepared.....Learn how to self manage....Write to do lists for the day.....Stay organized and everything runs much smoother.

Great place to work if interested in sales and management training

Former Employee - Account Executive in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Golden Enterprise Marketing full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-You make your own paycheck based on how hard you decide to work
    -Friendly environment of motivated people with strong goals and positive outlooks
    -On the job training provided regularly to continue sharpening your skills
    -100 percent transparency in how they operate day-to-day business

Cons

-Maintaining a positive attitude because sales can be challenging at times