Golden Enterprise Marketing

Updated September 19, 2014
3.4

CEO

14 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

“True test of sales skills and personal confidence”

Current Employee - Account Representative in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Golden Enterprise Marketing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of opportunities to learn and establish yourself as a top performer. Working outdoors in a multitude of locations. Sky is the limit for how much you choose to make.

Cons

High employee change over, this type of sales is definitely not for everyone. Company is still growing and with that come many pains especially when some choose not to act in a professional manner.

Thanks for all the hard work from you all and I look forward to learning more!

“Current Employee, Perfect Fit ”

Current Employee - Account Manager in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Golden Enterprise Marketing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fun culture, everyone is like-minded, and goal-oriented. There aren't any negative people, or employees talking about how much they want a different job. Everyone here knows this is the right fit for them, much like myself.

Cons

It does take some time to fully learn the business, but once you get it, you get it.

Keep up the amazing work, they're all worthy of people to look up to.

AWFUL work environment

Current Employee - Account Manager in Colorado Springs, CO

Pros

No good reason to work here.

Cons

They lie about compensation, give you no money to travel all over Colorado, and they constantly give the wrong employees a chance to run a company of their own.
    A 60 hour work week that always leads to nothing, and the pay is very poor.

Leading by intimidation and constantly bragging about how much money you make is poor management.

No ceilings!!!!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Colorado Springs, CO

Pros

When it comes to promotions, you can't hit a ceiling! I am so excited for this opportunity! I have seen quite a bit of accomplishments already. I have never been with a company that offers this kind of reward.....I did see the negative comments and they are full of crap. The people are awesome and the office as a whole radiates a positive atmosphere. Whoever said this was a scam clearly did not create success for themselves. They did not work a full day and did not take their position seriously.

I will say they did not pay attention and also were not prepared on a daily basis. Laziness does not create success! I'm pretty sure the people that wrote those comments are bitter because of their lack of dedication. I watched several promotions and all of those people had what it takes to to receive that promotion....Considering this office has expanded across the United States three times in this year alone shows that this company is not a scam!

I am very disturbed that people would comment on a company that has demonstrated its success in such a distasteful manner. The people that wrote those comments did not get promoted and were let go because they do not have a business mindset and will end up flipping burgers or filling taco shells. The opportunity is endless and of course the work you put in always pays off. That goes for any company out there.

This company is legit and has provided me with a steady income, medical benefits, and strong business ethics. The atmosphere is professional and I must say it feels nice to put a suit on. Wearing that nasty uniform on a daily basis did not leave me feeling like I had accomplished anything. I also like knowing that I will never be laid off. You can't beat that!

Cons

This job takes a lot of work.....If you do not have a drive to succeed then this job is not for that individual. An open mind is also key.....Close minded dry people will not succeed in this line of business......Do you stare at a computer and relate well with a device or people? Techies will not be successful.....Facial piercings are not accepted....Certain tattoos as well....This might be a con for you if have numerous facial piercings.

Be prepared.....Learn how to self manage....Write to do lists for the day.....Stay organized and everything runs much smoother.

FAKE FAKE FAKE!!!!!!!!

I worked at Golden Enterprise Marketing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

GREAT PEOPLE. nice view at the office

Cons

NOTHING IS REAL. THIS IS A DOOR-TO-DOOR SALES JOB. 100% COMMISSION. FAKE!!!
    This company (these companies) Golden Enterprise Marketing and Marathon Marketing are liars.
    They heir people who are young and easily fooled. They promise the world and give nothing. You will work well over 65 hours a week, no gas pay for travel, 3 or less sales and your gone. What they do is legal, that is the true shame of it all. Oh yeah!, and it will take 3-4 weeks to get a check for less then what they tell you.

TELL PEOPLE THE TRUTH ABOUT YOUR COMPANY.

Great place to work if interested in sales and management training

Former Employee - Account Executive in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Golden Enterprise Marketing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-You make your own paycheck based on how hard you decide to work
    -Friendly environment of motivated people with strong goals and positive outlooks
    -On the job training provided regularly to continue sharpening your skills
    -100 percent transparency in how they operate day-to-day business

Cons

-Maintaining a positive attitude because sales can be challenging at times

Opportunity for Advancement

Current Employee - Account Manager in Colorado Springs, CO

Pros

I love the fact that this company has the management in training program. Advancement inside corporate America is hard, so it is a breath of fresh air.

Cons

Not really anything negative, it is performance based, so I have to put in the work (hard work) to get the most out of the program.

Ive been with the company nearly a year and seeing three promotions to management is an eye opener and I cant wait to see where the future of this company goes and leads me to.

Horrible workforce harassment environment. It's a high school environment

I worked at Golden Enterprise Marketing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have absolutely zero pros for this company. It will be a waste of your time and energy to work here

Cons

This company is a scam and you should avoid it at all costs. Nothing good will come from it. You think you make friends but everything and anything will be turned against you and if you leave the company then they will never talk to you again. They pick on people for their looks, weight, beliefs and any medical issues. Your expected to be there from 11am to 9pm and then 2 days a week you are expected to stay out later at a restaurant or bar to eat drink and socialize and if you have a family and would rather be home instead you are penalized and any growth is stumped because you do not care enough. You will work Monday-Saturday and have 1 day off but you are expected to spend Sunday preparing for the following week. They will lie through their teeth during the interviews to get you in the door and then you waste your time and make no money. People say they make so much a week but every paycheck is much smaller then it is supposed to be and it's always "your" fault. Of you can handle drama, constant change in pay( never know how much your going to get paid) don't mind never seeing family or friends, eating and breathing the job then by all means have at it otherwise run run far away as fast as you can.

Grow up and act like an adult not a high school child going through puberty.

Awesome Work Environment

Current Employee - Account Executive in Colorado Springs, CO

Pros

I have been working for this company for a little over 7 months and I love it. Its a great work environment and very fun. Everyday is different so going to work never gets boring.

Cons

Every Tuesday and Thursday we go out as an office and crew to get to know each other on a more personal level to work on our working and personal relationship. Sometimes it can get time consuming but thats the price Im willing to pay for my future career.

Continue on the promotions, three already this year, and the communication with your employees is always great too.

the most horrible place to work ever

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Golden Enterprise Marketing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

nothing. no one stays for more than a year other than a select handful who came from the east coast! they don't care about prior military and they make fun of people with PTSD and other mental illness from the military and they dont care about families

Cons

they lie about the reviews and write their own and the boss and others just talk bad about everyone! and they only advance who they want to management. if you are not in the circle of friends they dont care about you. it is a door to door job

learn to manage and be more professional, working there over 6 months and always seeing you drunk and high was not cool