Golden Pantry

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Brian Griffith

great as a first job to get some experience under your belt

Store Clerk (Current Employee) Dacula, GA

Prosfriendly atmosphere, great learning experience, excellent management

Consschedule starts on monday and ends on sunday and you only know one week of your schedule, the pay woundnt be as bad if you could work full time but only the assistant manager and the manager works that so your stuck with crappy hours which arent even set in stone so if its a slow night your not gonna get the hours you thought, your accountable for your own register so if someone is using it wich they do to help you if they make a mistake you have to pay for said mistake, last but not least you get 1 employee drink (discounted drink) then you have to pay full price or refill price not to mention that if you just want a cup of ice you have to pay for a ice cup. also when training its a joint apperation so in other words it gets very confusing because one person could tell you you dont this part out every day but once a week so you dont but then you get in trouble for not cleaning them every day like apperently your suposed to.

Advice to Senior Managementwhen you do that oreintation/training for new hires u need to get a lotto machine and have them practice before you send them off to the stores because the manual doesnt compete with hands on experience, also i sugest mabe having a chart of dutties assigned for the store clerks so we can check them off and what time so like when we make the routine coffee have a chart made and have us fill out what time and when we made it and sign it other wise we are wasting our time trying to figure out what has and hasnt been done and throwing out a perfectly good pot of coffee plus that way we are able to get more stuff done. there also needs to be like memo that goes out to the store clerks not just management when upermanagement comes in and decides to redecerate becuase sometimes managment forget to tell us this and were looking everywhere for something cause its not in its place wasting time and isnt time money? You also might want to either assign a person to each store to be the afficial traing person for the trainies because it get extremaly confusing for us trainies to be shown how to do something one day and told the next that thats not how it done the next by another person

Awful place to work, stay away

Store Clerk (Current Employee) Athens, GA

ProsCan't really think of any. I guess it is a job, right? However, if you go to college this would do for some expenses on the side

ConsNo perks, nothing is free for employees at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive gas cards for employees to assist additional training in Athens. Give raises in increments. No 25cents raise randomly

It was an alright experience

Clerk (Former Employee) Greensboro, GA

Prosgrowth and advancement the opportunity is good

Consdont care bout there employess

Advice to Senior Managementtake time to treat employess like family

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lowest paid, highest retail

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Bogart, GA

ProsEasy job for most part, my area of town was fine.

ConsExpect to take a lot of crap from customers, long hours. Explaining why we charge twice as much for a product than the guy across the street. We usually said, "we are really proud of our products".

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers were fine, its upper management. They make very bad business decisions. Especially in the marketing department. I give the company another 2-3 years. You can't charge 20-30% more than your competitors then say its the small guy behind the counters fault.

Worked for Golden Pantry? Contribute to the Community!