Golden Rule

Add Photos

Rich Collins

Manager

I have been working at Golden Rule full-time for more than 5 years

ProsAble to speak to executive staff easily. Friendly atmosphere. Very generous PTO allotment. On site cafeteria. Walking trail. Promotes from within. Has a small company feel while its also part of a large corporation. Tries to live the company values.

ConsHard to get time off if in a call center. Old technology. Does not value the idea of updated equipment. Did I mention old technology?

Great environment, but with a very "keep the status quo" overtone.

Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Golden Rule

ProsVery generous time off. Vested in 401k after just one year. Laid back environment. Never work overtime. Employees are friendly, knowledgeable, and cooperative. Family atmosphere.

ConsVery little advancement opportunity. Low pay. Technologically archaic. A lot of money is wasted on asinine advertising methods (remember when direct mail was popular back in the 80's?).

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out of the dark ages. Update computers, servers, and software packages. Acknowledge the existence of the internet and realize that is where people shop for insurance - no one shops for insurance in their mailboxes.

Golden Rule APA

Assistant Product Advisor (Former Employee)
Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Golden Rule

ProsDecent benefits, 20+ days of paid time off. Health plans are OK compared to other companies. Management was supportive to employees.

ConsIt is a ery high volume call center. Went to work promised to be promoted to a broker position. Hired others who were willing to gloss over the negative aspects of their product. Not really honest brokers in my book.

Advice to Senior ManagementLive by the company's name and do what is right. Tell the customers what they are looking at out of pocket on the health plans.

Good company to gain experience and work your way up.

I have been working at Golden Rule

Proshas a pretty good work environment

ConsHas fairly high turnover in call centers

Good Experience

I have been working at Golden Rule

ProsI was an agent with Golden Rule. They have a diverse and competitive product line.

ConsI just don't like writing health insurance, as there are too many possibilities to make a client unhappy even if it is not your fault.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess hold times for agents when they call in and need support.

Worked for Golden Rule? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Golden Rule reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Golden Rule CEO Rich Collins. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Golden Rule employees.