Golden State Overnight

Add Photos

Morley Chandler

Great courier company

Company Driver (Former Employee) Santa Fe Springs, CA

ProsAlways has openings for drivers who need work

ConsUse of own vehicle which can take much on maintenance

Advice to Senior ManagementShare in maintenance costs of drivers using their own vehicles

Just OK

Driver (Former Employee) Reno, NV

ProsIt was a job. Working with most of the other employees was alright, nothing special.

ConsManagement, lots of micro managing. No benefits unless you live in CA at least what the did offer to NV employees was not affordable if you have a family. Lots of promises of advancement but that is it just empty promises. Manager will do everything to just keep you working so you wont look anywhere else.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe real and for actual management to come out and meet the troops, they are the ones who keep you working. Trust employees to do the right thing if they don't then correct the problems.

Most of the people are nice, but not management.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWilling to work with you on possible shifts.

ConsBusiness run like a mom & pop business. Company drivers are not held accountable when mistakes are made. Management not very pleasant to employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to treat employees with alittle more respect. Employees at this company are expendable.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Top down, siloed management prevents this both the company and employees from growing and moving forward.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe rank and file employees are generally friendly and courteous.

ConsThe company's concept of compensation and benefits is down right stingy - out of touch with the cost of living in the Bay Area.
    The atmosphere is top down & siloed with an unnecessary formalness to every communication. This atmosphere doesn't allow for any sense of team building.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe executive staff would benefit from training in contemporary communication and leadership - open their minds to the wealth of information available from within their own ranks. Encouraging and rewarding stake holder behavior would not only boost morale, it would provide problem solving insights to move the company forward.

Very enjoyable

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood work enviroment and excellent stall

ConsSpent alot of money on gas

Amazed how this company stays in business.

Customer Service (Current Employee)

ProsPosition pays more than minimum wage, provides an easy door in the world of the courier service, and may appeal to the college student who needs a flexible shift.

ConsCompany is struggling financially and signs of it are all over the office. From using the excuse to 'go green' by not providing re-usable eating utensils to working with outdated computer systems, programs, work manuals and procedures, the work atmosphere screams 'buy me out or put us out of our misery' to all other competitors. Instead of investing in a proprietary system, company uses e-mail to communicate so every time I come to work, I have over 100 emails to surf through. Ridiculous. Important messages from management often get overlooked by the department because they get lost in many messages. Health benefits are slowly disappearing as they no longer offer dental coverage and the management support is next to none. There is never a single manager available when you need one and when they are available, they huff and puff because they are overworked. The company hires drivers all the time who speak little to no english which is poor for courier-to-customer interaction and makes it impossible for them to read package instructions. My boss only had 2 weeks of training before being put out on the floor to manage employees and this person is constantly confirming my suspicions to me....the place is an oddity.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany needs to find a better way to educate their employees and provide them with better up-to-date tools, procedures and support.

great place to get your feet wet

Prossmall company and growing, a place to learn a lot on your own and experiment, you need a job you'll get one

Conslow pay, no mentorship, needs more standards and structure, take better care of current employees

Worked for Golden State Overnight? Contribute to the Community!