Goldline International

2.7

Brian Crumbaker

My short time at Goldline

I worked at Goldline International full-time

Pros

great training, very energetic atmosphere, Lots of support from management

Cons

tough to get quality leads starting out

Goldline is challenging, rewarding and excellent at training their employees

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Goldline International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Bryan Crumbaker, the CEO, is really doing an amazing job of turning GL into a compliant, regulated company that is transparent and ethical. I have seen him transform this company into one that shows they care about their employees and want to see everyone do better. Out of all the gold companies out there, this is definitely the one to work for and I really feel Bryan cares about our welfare.
    Somebody wrote an extremely negative review and they clearly have years of experience in the industry. It's a bit surprising considering we all know that Goldline is now the only company that truly takes care of their customers and will be able to face regulation if/when that day comes for this industry.
    Also, this should not be overlooked, the benefits are great.
    I simply can't forget about the AE's either. This is truly a class act group of people to work with and I'm very happy to be a part of the team. I work with some fantastic people on the floor and some of management is terrific. They work hard to help us, the AEs, get our questions answered right away.

Cons

The leads are skewed. They tell you it is based on several factors, but when certain people always get the best leads, it is hard to believe they are distributed in a fair and just manner. However, the more effort you put in and they see you are working hard, that will make you get better leads and the results do show on your paychecks. It is a matter of just focusing and working with what you have to make the best of your database, which can be mentally challenging at times. For most of us, it is a roller coaster. So, I do understand the frustration when it comes to lead distribution and hope one day that changes. I've proven to be a closer and am loyal to the company; would be fantastic if the leads were more equally distributed.

I think my cons are what I would ask management to look at. I realize you all are working hard to make this company the best it can be on all levels and I'm very pleased with the direction it is going. I have been there for over 5 years and can honestly say this is a much better environment now versus before. It is evident how much effort is being put into making this a great working environment for the staff, as well as looking out for our clients.
    In current times, the market is much harder than it was before to write deals, except for certain people. We should all have a bigger piece of the pie, especially those who are skilled closers and have seniority. I'm not complaining, just stating what everyone wants and feels is deserved.

If you're looking to get into the gold business, do yourself a favor and look elsewhere!

Current Employee - Account Execitive in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Account Execitive in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Goldline International full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

In general your fellow AE's are some very good people. We all take turns talking each other off the ledge so to speak.

Cons

The leadership absolutely sucks! Extremely high stress for very little reward these days. Lead distribution is heavily weighted toward about 5 out of the 80 AE's. If you complain about the lead flow then you're cut out of the flow all together, and these days that's laughable! The leads have never been so poor in the last 10 years! But if you are one of the chosen few they seem to be OK. The rest are expected to pound the phones endlessly for very little response or reward. These days making your 2 hours of out bound phone time seems to be more important than actually writing trades! Most other companies are paying 8-10% and GL pays 5%. The compliance is so tight it actually gets in the way with having a casual conversation with a client. Nothing is ever GL's or managements fault. It's always you that is responsible for things that are totally out of your control! The arrogance of the management is becoming so bad it's becoming very difficult walk in there in the mornings. The micromanagement is also becoming unbearable. As an AE you will never move any higher in the company, as there are to many secrets that need to be compartmentalized and guarded from the AE's, such as lead distribution and high profit margins vs. lowest commissions out there. Amazing how much one can learn about a company when you keep buying rounds for the back office staff.

PERC events aren't cutting it when the overwhelming majority of the sales floor is starving and the chosen few are still making great money! All the talk about how the company is doing just fine, and the company's not in trouble, is only reinforcing most of our beliefs that the company IS in trouble. You sound desperate! You have a lot of your real talent that are planning their exit strategies! Ask TCS when the last time he interviewed at Leer was!!!!!

Good place to work but you need to know what you are getting into before you come!

I have been working at Goldline International full-time

Pros

The company culture is actually really good. CEO is fun - very approachable. We are all working for the same thing here and the people are what really keeps this place going. The company really tries to show that they care too by doing fun catered events every month or so for all the employees. Training is thorough - we periodically hear from other successful sales reps and we learn different ways to share info to our clients. Also, the sales contests - keeps things interesting.

Cons

It can be tough working here since it's a commission only structure. You've got to be conscientious with your money. There can be high highs and low lows. I've seen both. It's taught me to budget and plan. Also, it can be tough for someone who isn't good on the phone to be successful here. Some people are full of complaints. (I saw some of the bad reviews on here and I was shocked. - most people don't feel that way). Another con - I don't like having to travel all the way to Santa Monica. It's a beautiful city but my commute is TERRIBLE - makes it hard to enjoy the city.

Keep trainings going.
    More fun events for employees.
    Listen to your employees, they make this place!

Beware!!! Tread lightly...

Former Employee - Operations Analyst in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Operations Analyst in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Goldline International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice bonuses during good years. Great employee perks every so often. Great movement if they see you have potential.

Cons

Did not seem to have organic growth model. After one tumultuous year, company could not recover. No compensation structure. Management did not have open door policy.

Provide environment where you train employees with potential to actually manage and display that potential to inhibit growth amongst workers.

good training - horrible management

Former Employee - Account Executive in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Goldline International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

good industry training provided in the first month

Cons

management is absolutely the worst

start all over

Misrepresentation

Current Employee - Account Executive in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Goldline International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The other employees are nice people.

Cons

They lure sales people in with a false sense of income. In the interview process I was told that as an entry level person, AR, I would make a certain income.. I made less than 80% of what I was told The income potential they state is a lie (for both the Account Rep and the Account Exec) There are a handful of AE's who make money, because they are fed leads, the rest of the AE's make very low wages (so low that some, I know, live in their cars)! This is the old 80/20 rule, 20% of the people can make money because the lead distribution is completely inequitable. Don't work here, find a job that cares about their employees and will allow them to make a liveable wage This is not that company!!

Providing a piece of cake once a month and "perk" days is not taking care of your employees. You have people working twelve hour days, six days a week, bringing home pay checks of $127.00 and homeless. Distribute the leads so that everyone has an opportunity to buy groceries!!! Dangling the carrot is not effective management.

Account Executive

Current Employee - Account Executive in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Goldline International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Positive Sales rewarded environment. Strong sales equals strong income.

Cons

Commission only sales environment. Weak conditions equals weak income.

Base plus commission structure.

Account Executive

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Goldline International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great team of people to work with; management offers a lot of training. Benefits are very good.

Cons

The lead distribution is very skewed.

Distribute leads based more on equality and job performance, not the old school way of whoever does the most in sales gets the highest number of leads.

Love, love, love!

I have been working at Goldline International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great leadership. Friendly supervisors/managers. Coworkers are lovely to come to work with day in and out. I would recommend it 100% to family and friends. The location in Santa Monica is so nice too.

Cons

I don't have any cons.