Goldman Sachs

Updated Jun 23, 2014

Goldman Sachs Chairman and CEO Lloyd C. Blankfein

Lloyd C. Blankfein

144 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great, intense, steep learning curve

Analyst (Former Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsWorking with the smartest people in the industry - you can only get better. We played hard too!

ConsCan get very stressful and overwhelming but once you get the balance right, you would sail through smoothly

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide a little more support for interns

Technology Work Placement

Work Placement - Technology (Former Employee)

ProsStructured career path
    Good name to have on your CV in this industry

ConsSalary less than similar roles at other banks
    Technology under appreciated as it is not 'revenue generating'

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Analyst/Developer

(Former Employee)

Proslively environment, good food in canteen, quality offices

Consdoes not follow their own mission statement. no teamwork spirt. politics is the ruling factor of the day on a day to day basis. there is no team spirt it is all about individual. terrible and deceptive practices both with client and with colleagues. long hours but salaries are low compared to most banks. it is one those places where you hear a lot about but when you join it leaves you with a bad taste. lack of integrity of colleague and business practices. a lot of colleagues are arrogant - think they are smart when they really aren't. hires oxford and cambridge graduates some of which are just terrible coders. treats IT as not part of the business. unprofessional atmosphere.

Advice to Senior Managementimprove ethics with clients and internally - follow the mission statement where teamwork which rarely if ever applies here. management are very politically driven and lack colleagial atmosphere. unapproachable managers.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company, but not every team is equally good to work with.

Summer Intern (Former Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsAn exciting and fulfilling internship programme. Plenty of opportunities to learn, lots of training provided. Good working hours in Technology.

ConsNot all teams support their interns equally well. You can demonstrate drive, but without the support of your manager there's not much you can do over the summer.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be good to train your team managers in people development. Some are only focused on results, which lower the morale.

Outstanding organisation. The people, culture and working environment are first class.

ProsEveryday challenges you to be the best that you can be. People around you continually stretch you outside of your comfort zone.

ConsTough environment to be truly successful in if you are not the very best of the best in your field.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus on leveling the playing field.

fast learning experience

Technology Analyst (Former Employee)
    London, England (UK)

Prosgreat culture and great teamwork

Consno worklife balance; some bureacracy

Advice to Senior Managementtalk to employees

The best company you can work for, slighty longer hours but the best in terms of culture and organisation values.

Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsAmazing culture, open minded people

ConsLong Working Hours that can be strenuous at times

Advice to Senior ManagementStrengthening working hours for people

Securities Summer Internship

Securities Summer Analyst (Current Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsDynamic and lots of opportunities to shine if you know how to exploit them.

ConsPressure if you don't know what you're doing

Outstanding quality of people, amazing brand name

Associate (Current Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsExceptional quality of people, lots of opportunities within the company, good compensation, good career prospects after, great name on a CV, great networking

ConsThe main downside are the long hours and basically no life. Not a long term career for someone who is looking for a more balanced life. Great place to start a career though. Best to do it in early twenties.

The best corporate culture management, from my experience. Always feeling integrated and learning soft and hard skills.

Summer Analyst (Former Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsGoldman Sachs is amazing at integrating new people within the current employee base. They are great at easing you in the culture. It might seem like a "brainwash" initially but it is amazing to see how truly connected and commited to other's development is. You are always encouraged to network with others and it is always possible and highly appreciated. People truly make time to meet and get to know you and that helps when there are questions lateron. You always have someone to turn to. Training on the job through networking! Even after the job, I still keep in touch because I have developed a big sense of appreciation and connection for the company.

ConsHigh pressure environment and intense hours. You have to be truly passionate about the work itself (not really a con, but an important aspect to excell).

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep being involved with junior employees and interns. Unbelieveable but true, people in Management positions are incredibly available to connect with you.

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!

Goldman Sachs Videos

Goldman Sachs – Why Work for Us?

We bring together people, capital and ideas to produce solutions and results for our clients by playing a number of roles: financial advisor, lender, investor and asset manager. A commitment to integrity, team work and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Goldman Sachs reviews and ratings in United Kingdom — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd C. Blankfein. All 144 reviews posted anonymously by Goldman Sachs employees.