GolfTEC Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.1
Joe Assell

1. Had a great learning experience would reccommend to those looking to get into the business of teaching. Come open minded

Current Employee - Golf Instructor in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Golf Instructor in Cary, NC

I have been working at GolfTEC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Comp plan, networking and your in a surrounding area that will allow you to work with your passion stay up on your game!

Cons

Challenge to working here might be self motivation , you may do much better with a sales process that isn't super hard pressure. A lot of analytical progression!

Advice to Management

Care!

2. golftec

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at GolfTEC (More than 3 years)

Pros

40-45 hrs week, 2 days off a week, one of them being a weekend day. Full time, The joy of seeing students get to their goals and better their game is very rewarding.

Cons

Very low income, hourly pay is barely above the minimum rate. No room for advancement. Raises to only individuals at HQ. Technology is behind. Only care about how much you sell and pushed to recommend higher plans no matter what.

Advice to Management

Reward your coaches more with raises. The coaches should be paid more than hq since we are the ones bringing in the money

3. Be prepared to drink lots of cool aid(total SCAM)

Former Employee - Center Manager
    Former Employee - Center Manager

I worked at GolfTEC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At least 1 weekend day off, uniforms provided, extensive training program

Cons

I managed one of the centers. It's all about sales and has absolutely nothing to do with getting people better at golf. They want you to sell everyone that comes in the door 52 golf lessons and your expected to renew them every year. Who the heck needs that many golf lessons. Ridiculous incentive programs created by corporate that are unattainable, the worst benefits known to man, and no room for advancement. Corporate is very cut throat. The first chance they get, they will bring in someone younger to work for less. Don't work for these people, avoid the cool aide at all costs

Advice to Management

How about actually implementing some of the ideas brought forth by center managers instead of just pretending to listen. You tools in Denver aren't fooling anyone

Absolute horrible environment

Current Employee - Instructor in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Instructor in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at GolfTEC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One weekend day off. 40 or less per week. Zero chance they pay you to be there more. Most instructors teach on the side to make extra money. Don't get caught. Joe Assell tries, I'll give him credit there but can't afford decent management. Mike is absolutely in it for himself. Watch your back.

Cons

Owners who know nothing about golf. They tell you to teach your own style but they don't mean it. The technology is light years behind. Pay is horrible and you have to become a slimy salesman to make living expenses. Compensation and benefits are up to individual owner. You can't afford the insurance. The only somewhat successful operations are company owned because of the cool-aid mentality. Be prepared to drink it. They don't want your opinion. It's about sales and not about teaching golf.

Advice to Management

Update technology, stop giving franchises to people who have no business sense and no nothing about the golf business.

6. Franchise owners in Southwest Florida were great employers. They treated me like family.

Former Employee - Certified Personal Coach in Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Certified Personal Coach in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at GolfTEC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working for someone who has a lifetime of golf industry experience was a plus. Being able to teach and coach players full time is amazing. Ownership were very understanding and flexible with my family life. Treated us like family.

Cons

Seasonal market can be tough, but there are plenty of golfers who need help in SW Florida and we were able to begin to tap that market.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do. Treat employees just like you treated me. I came in and did exactly what was expected of me, and I never had my owners not do something I asked of them. You get out what you put in, in everything in life. Highly recommend this to anyone who wants to coach full time.

7. Southwest FL area is terrible. Franchise owners can't pay employees on time.

I have been working at GolfTEC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

40 hour work week. Getting to teach full time not working at a club

Cons

Franchise owners didn't pay there employees on time. Make promises and never keep there word. Mainly couldn't pay employees on time and always wanted more

Advice to Management

Get into a corporate store

GolfTEC Response

Sep 29, 2014 – Franchise Owner

We are completely dumbfounded by this "reviewer" stating that they are a current employee while at the same time writing in past tense. All of our employees are paid by direct deposit and not only ... More

A Golf Instruction Business that is always growing!

Current Employee - Certified Personal Coach in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Certified Personal Coach in Tampa, FL

I have been working at GolfTEC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Proven Path to Proven Results process as well as the technology is by far the best way for anyone to learn the game of golf. You will always find support from upper management and can grow as an individual.

Cons

If you aren't into selling services then it could be a little more difficult.

9. Great Place to Get Top Quality Teaching Experience

I have been working at GolfTEC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Traditionally when you become a golf professional your day to day job is to tend to the pro shop, answer phones, take complaints about people playing too slow, etc. Most of the time the staff (with the exception of the Dir of Golf) has very little opportunity to actually give lessons and teach. If you got into the golf business to help people play better golf than this is the place for you!

Cons

There is not a career track. You could possibly work your way into a center manager position but there is no other way to move up in the company unless you move to Denver and work at the corporate headquarters.

10. Worked at 2 locations. Corporate locale was amazing - franchise is terrible

Current Employee - Certified Personal Coach

I have been working at GolfTEC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great career if you love teaching golf. Awesome getting to work with people and help people obtain their goals. I've met a lot of people in high up positions so great contacts have been developed. Clients have taken me to amazing golf courses.

Cons

No chance for advancement in our market and I've gotten one raise in five years despite being a top performer in our market. Our manager does not know how to use a computer well so I have to do his work. No respect for our time or days off. I one received 26 texts from my boss on a day off. Franchise owners care only about sales and not about employees.

Advice to Management

Treat employees with more respect.

11. Great opportunity to become an expert instructor.

Current Employee - Certified Personal Coach

I have been working at GolfTEC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

40-45 hour work week. Holidays and one weekend day off. Steady paycheck. Chance to help a lot of golfers improve their game. Excellent work life balance unlike most golf jobs.

Cons

Low income. Little to no opportunity for advancement in company.

Advice to Management

More income incentives that are realistic.

RSS Feed </> Embed