GolfTEC Reviews

Updated September 19, 2014
Updated September 19, 2014
3.1

Joe Assell

Southwest FL area is terrible. Franchise owners can't pay employees on time.

I have been working at GolfTEC full-time for more than a year

Pros

40 hour work week. Getting to teach full time not working at a club

Cons

Franchise owners didn't pay there employees on time. Make promises and never keep there word. Mainly couldn't pay employees on time and always wanted more

Get into a corporate store

GolfTEC Response

Sep 29, 2014Franchise Owner

We are completely dumbfounded by this "reviewer" stating that they are a current employee while at the same time writing in past tense. All of our employees are paid by direct deposit and not only ... More

A Golf Instruction Business that is always growing!

Current Employee - Certified Personal Coach  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Certified Personal Coach in Tampa, FL

I have been working at GolfTEC full-time for more than a year

Pros

The Proven Path to Proven Results process as well as the technology is by far the best way for anyone to learn the game of golf. You will always find support from upper management and can grow as an individual.

Cons

If you aren't into selling services then it could be a little more difficult.

Great Place to Get Top Quality Teaching Experience

I have been working at GolfTEC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Traditionally when you become a golf professional your day to day job is to tend to the pro shop, answer phones, take complaints about people playing too slow, etc. Most of the time the staff (with the exception of the Dir of Golf) has very little opportunity to actually give lessons and teach. If you got into the golf business to help people play better golf than this is the place for you!

Cons

There is not a career track. You could possibly work your way into a center manager position but there is no other way to move up in the company unless you move to Denver and work at the corporate headquarters.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worked at 2 locations. Corporate locale was amazing - franchise is terrible

I have been working at GolfTEC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great career if you love teaching golf. Awesome getting to work with people and help people obtain their goals. I've met a lot of people in high up positions so great contacts have been developed. Clients have taken me to amazing golf courses.

Cons

No chance for advancement in our market and I've gotten one raise in five years despite being a top performer in our market. Our manager does not know how to use a computer well so I have to do his work. No respect for our time or days off. I one received 26 texts from my boss on a day off. Franchise owners care only about sales and not about employees.

Treat employees with more respect.

Great opportunity to become an expert instructor.

I have been working at GolfTEC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

40-45 hour work week. Holidays and one weekend day off. Steady paycheck. Chance to help a lot of golfers improve their game. Excellent work life balance unlike most golf jobs.

Cons

Low income. Little to no opportunity for advancement in company.

More income incentives that are realistic.

Hard work not rewarded

Former Employee - Golf Instructor  in  The Woodlands, TX
    Former Employee - Golf Instructor in The Woodlands, TX

I worked at GolfTEC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Teaching clients was a fantastic experience and golfTEC provided the tools and technology to provide a comprehensive and unique experience.

Cons

Top sales and lessons taught in the store for entire tenure, was not rewarded and left on bitter terms.

When you find a person that can increase sales 130% in 2 years, you should show more appreciation to keep that person around.

Working at GolfTEC is a great way for a college graduate to gain experience in golf instruction.

Former Employee - Certified Personal Coach  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Certified Personal Coach in Chicago, IL

I worked at GolfTEC full-time for more than a year

Pros

You will gain a lot of experience teaching and get much better as an instructor. It was also nice that there was a fixed schedule, unlike most golf jobs. You will always have the same days off and if you work there long enough (probably over 10 years) you could have the weekends off too.

Cons

It's easy to burn out when you are teaching as much as they want you to. 200 lessons/month is a lot and more than most people can handle. The bonuses and compensation accelerators were not worth the additional effort.

Experience? Yes.... Rewards? NO!

Former Employee - Golf Instructor  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Golf Instructor in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at GolfTEC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You will teach a lot and by a lot I mean a lot. You will be expected to teach upwards of 200 1/2 hour lessons per month or more. Any open time in your bok is not looked upon greatly. You will learn to teach or dye trying. Your first 20 clients will not get better as you learn how to handle the GT system and your own style. There is quite a bit of a learning curve. You will never work more than 40 hours a week, they won't pay overtime!

Cons

You will be working in a strip mall! Outdoor lessons are very rare and very hard to schedule. THIS IS a SALES JOB, don't be fooled by the rhetoric, you are there to sell clients as much as you can, getting them better is only there to sell them more more more. You will be expected annually to sell between 120k and 200k worth of lesson products. In return you will receive about 35k in compensation. Health care is not affordable and their stupid little contests are quite elementary and non motivating. Most of these are franchise centers, you will probably be working for someone who does not know the golf business, good luck. If you like to play in local events... Plan accordingly. Bottom line... if you need or want tons of teaching experience do it for a year or two. Never sign a non compete clause, it's worthless anyway. Giving a ton of lessons will only make you better. Then shop that around. Unfortunately the name GolfTEC is not a well respected name for future employers. It's a system, but for a technology company, they're tech has been far surpassed. Why do you think courses and clubs are putting up teaching buildings? A trackman and a laptop and a little ingenuity and you will make double the $$$

An excellent opportunity for golf professionals that want to learn a lot about the golf swing & focus on teaching.

Former Employee - Certified Personal Coach  in  Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Certified Personal Coach in Birmingham, AL

I worked at GolfTEC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent training in sales and instruction as well as the opportunity to learn a lot about the golf swing & technique.

Cons

Commission scale could be better.

Commission should be based on individual sales instead of combined sales.

Don't believe the hype about Golftec

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at GolfTEC

Pros

The company is in the sports and golf Industry and they are based in Denver, CO. Other than that not much is great about the place.

Cons

This company is a franchise model and you seem to have a lot of bosses. The management team is under a lot of stress because things aren't going as well as they make it seem and they pass that pressure along to everyone. Most of the franchises are barely hanging in there and there have been some closings. The product is strange, I mean who wants to take an indoor golf lesson? They've had to layoff some employees and give pay cuts to others. The pay is 20-30% less than you'd find in other industries and the benefits are pretty sad. The marketing agency department is pretty much a joke. They are grumpy and turn over every couple years because they are overworked and under paid.

Get on the same page. Give people a clear and concise job and let them do their job without constant interference. Help employees overcome obstacles by giving proper training and stop creating confusion and unrealistic expectations.

Worked for GolfTEC? Contribute to the Community!