GolinHarris

www.golinharris.com

GolinHarris Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

GolinHarris President and CEO Fred Cook

Fred Cook

Pros
  • Great people and they allow interns to take on large responsibility(in 7 reviews)

• Work-life balance is very good as well(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance as an issue which is to be expected with any big PR agency - also varies from account to account(in 4 reviews)

• The downside is with the implementation of the G4 model, you are stuck in the same position for a very long time(in 3 reviews)

6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Learned alot!

Intern (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Prosencourage you and expect you to work independently

Consnot able to participate in company functions, meetings, networking events

Okay

Associate (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThe people are great and it's a great place to learn a lot about PR if you're okay with learning everything by watching senior level people.

ConsThese is very little training and there is no organizational culture; there's a very big turnover rate. you won't see the same person in the office after two years.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of trying to build a new PR model where they try to build people's expertise. They should focus on keeping their employees happy.

GolinHarris

Associate (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsSome co-workers are nice. The opportunity to work on big brand names.

ConsThe leadership here is short sighted. Mothers are favored heavily. If you don't have kids, it's assumed you don't have a life.
    Promotions don't happen past the Associate level. There are people there with 8+ years experience at the Associate level.
    G4 is a nice idea in theory, but outside Nintendo, it doesn't work. Most accounts don't have the budgets to be profitable and support a member from each G4 community.
    Ideation tends to be the same old stuff just repurposed for other clients.
    Management is unpleasant to work for.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not a place for advancement

Intern (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsWilling to teach new interns from the ground up
    Many nice people
    Decent work atmosphere

ConsNo advancement
    Not enough support for design and digital departments, the focus is only on traditional PR
    Doesn't hire interns (I saw at least 8 interns come through GH in a year span, none hired) but instead cycles through interns

Advice to Senior ManagementHire on interns and stop cycling through them for cheap labor
    Support innovation within the design and digital departments

strong pr company with a variety of accounts

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Prosvariety of accounts, including nintendo, nestle, mattel and more

Conssalaries can be low to fair in the industry and promotions are hard to come by

I can't imagine working at a better, more talented agency

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Pros- Excellent leadership
    - Accessibility to senior executives, as long as you pursue the opportunity
    - Diverse workplace environment
    - Hardworking, dedicated, talented team
    - Ethical practices
    - Great benefits and good vacation time
    - High quality of work, stimulating/fast-paced environment
    - Brand name clients
    - Great resume builder
    - Promotions happen when people are truly ready for their next step (at least on my team)
    - Supervisors and executives make it a point to try and recognize dedication and hard work, regardless of your level within the agency

The fact that there are a number of folks who have worked at the agency for 10, 15 or 25+ years speaks to the quality of the agency environment.

Cons- Difficulty to balance work/life (on certain high-demand clients/teams)
    - Mobility within the agency may be slower if you are on a larger team
    - No year end bonus (vs. my previous agency, which was a boutique/independent company and was able to provide at least a few grand each year as a year-end bonus)
    - Most folks are in cubicles (vs. my previous agency, where I had an office)
    - Computer/tech equipment is largely outdated; takes forever to get any new software or equipment due to the agency structure

Worked for GolinHarris? Contribute to the Community!