Golub

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Neil M. Golub

Great company to work for. Cares about it's employees.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCorporate culture is great. Managers allow you to perform your work without micromanaging and values opinions.

ConsOpportunities for training are lacking.

pay and hours/ full time part time

Selector (Current Employee) Schenectady, NY

Prosexcellent pay and massive overtiem around holidays

Consnot enough full tiem positions most people in warehouse are part time

Advice to Senior Managementmake more full time jobs offer more then 1 a month

Decent for me terrible for new employees.

Grocery Selector (Current Employee) Schenectady, NY

ProsDecent Full Time benefits and Pay. Predictable work schedule. Good Job security. Good general location.

ConsNew employees are getting treated horribly with terrible pay and benefits, no full time positions, newer full time employees will be working every weekend for the foreseeable future. Takes an eternity to accrue the seniority that is required to perform other jobs in the warehouse. Pay differentials for weekends and overnight are abysmal.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit the cronyism, nepotism, and "us vs. them" management attitude. Think more highly of your employees work ethic, its a difficult job that few people want to do. There are no "lazy" people who do warehouse selecting.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work

Selector (Current Employee) Rotterdam, NY

ProsGreat management, fair pay, team atmosphere. This company is also extremely supportive of the military and employees who are also employed by the National Guard

ConsThe company is not that large and there are few opportunities for advancement, especially in the distribution segment. Takes a long time to earn senority.

Eh.. Ok

Selector (Former Employee) Rotterdam, NY

ProsGood starting pay with raises..

ConsWas poorly managed with a high school atmosphere.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop with the power trips. Help your people WANT to succeed not only at their job but also their lives. Flexibly work with college students.

The new corporate scene, and not in a good way

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe benefits were great, the pay was good.

ConsI got blackballed out of the company, the higher you go, the more corruption and waste you see, extremely poorly managed company at the top.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring people you want to bang, instead of on merit.

Highlights of working at Price Chopper

Co-Manager Trainee (Current Employee)

ProsOne of the best reasons to work for Price Chopper is the opportunity availability. As an employee with the company, you are able to apply for weekly job postings that are closed to the general public. Within the program that I am currently in, I have the opportunity to network with many knowledgeable individuals to quickly excel at what I am doing on any given day.

ConsOne of the greatest downsides of working for the company is its "stick to the old way" culture. Many employees have been in the food retail industry for decades and are unable to accept new technologies and changes in operations.

Advice to Senior ManagementDiscover a better way to get lower level employees motivated about change in general.

Great High School Job

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Torrington, CT

ProsAvailability and flexibility is by far the best. If you need a day off you can find someone to cover for you.

ConsThe Micromanagement of employees is a little extensive

Advice to Senior ManagementGo easy on the new employees

Price Chopper provides acceptable benefits to those who qualify

Front End Cashier (Current Employee) Pittsfield, MA

ProsPrice Chopper does a good job of hiring internally and promoting its employees so there is a chance to move up within the company if an aptitude for the job is demonstrated. Price Chopper offers decent profit sharing, 401k, and vacation pay once an average of 20 hours is worked a week after a year. Price Chopper also has a good scholarship program in effect for its employees seeking a college education. They offer very flexible scheduling.

Conswhile Price Chopper offers decent benefits to employees who average 20 hours a week or more, on the front end, where I was employed for the majority of my five years, it is hard to work 20 hours a week. Price Chopper over hires and spreads hours out too much. Becuase of this there is a higher turnover among employees and very few employees on the front end I began working with are still there. Many of the managers and supervisors concentrate on problems within the company that are too small and often lose sight of the larger picture.

Advice to Senior ManagementA better job of keeping a consistent work force needs to be done. If the turnover among employees continues customer service can not possibly be as high as it could be. As long as hours remain to be given out so sparingly, it will be impossible to keep a solid workforce and too many resources will need to be spent training new employees. If the employees at price chopper continue to feel as unappreciated as they do, it will only be a matter of time before management's greatest fear comes to life, and that is the company becoming unionized.

Okay but...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCo-Workers were nice to work with. The floors were clean and distance to and from work was more than manageable

ConsOften did not have coverage in departments for breaks (would often not get to take lunch break until end of shift). Management asked for too much out of employees with too little manpower

Worked for Golub? Contribute to the Community!