Gongos Reviews

Reset
4.1
Camille Nicita

1. Flexible and motivating work environment

I have been working at Gongos full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I truly enjoy working at Gongos every day. It is a fast-paced, innovative, motivating and flexible work environment. Gongos truly values their employees and it shows. From the "leading from any chair" initiative that helps empower even the newest employees to have a voice and opinion, to our monthly perks and parties. There is always something fun and exciting going on in the Gongos environment.

Cons

The biggest challenge I see is to stop working. We are all very hard workers and we can find it challenging to say "no" to both our clients and coworkers. Finding a balance to say "Yes, but..." can be our greatest challenge.

Advice to Management

Thank you for making us so proud to be a part of the Gongos family!

2. Research Manager

I have been working at Gongos full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun and young culture - there's always something exciting going on, cool perks, and great people to work with. It's a great company to start a career in marketing research with in order to learn the ins and outs of quantitative and qualitative research. Additionally, Gongos is very forward-thinking so it is fun to be apart of such an innovative company.

Cons

While Gongos prides itself on being a cool place to work and offering exciting employee perks, for many there is not a work-life balance. We work long days and it is often times very high stress, as we work very hard to keep our clients happy. Additionally, there is always tons of change going on within the company, I guess this can be both good and bad depending on how apt you are to change.

Advice to Management

I would like to see less change overall. Additionally, ensure all employees find a work-life balance.

3. Great company culture, but be prepared to work a ton for very little tangible rewards.

Current Employee - Research Coordinator in Auburn Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Research Coordinator in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at Gongos full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice people, you feel 'cared' about. Small company feel (since it's a small company!) and it's great you have one day a week to work from home once you've been at the company a year.

Cons

Work ridiculous hours, expected to stick to project timelines that are sometimes unmanageable when dealing with multiple concurrent projects.

Advice to Management

Put less emphasis on hiring senior level employees and hire research managers and coordinators who are expected to do the bulk of the work.

Apr 21, 2015 – CEO

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions on recruitment and hiring. Can you please be more specific on the “tangible rewards” you are looking for? We are always looking to improve and we’d love to ... More

Great place to start out

Former Employee - Project Coordinator
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator

I worked at Gongos

Pros

Great hands-on experience, good people, good exposure to Fortune 500 companies, the perks that they offer are sometimes really great -- half court basketball, ping pong, etc.

Cons

Sometimes longer work hours, but there are things which compensate for these as well -- such as a two week shutdown between Dec 25 and Jan 1.

6. Grasp this opportunity.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

I worked at Gongos full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The culture at Gongos is unmatched and most people tend to stay for a very long time. You will make friends. Leadership treats hiring as a serious commitment and you are likely to work directly underneath somebody who cares about your career development.

Cons

There is better pay out there, even in metro Detroit. You are going to work long hours sometimes.

Advice to Management

Don't let go of your culture. Guard it with frantic jealousy. If your strategy fails in any way to preserve it, abandon your strategy and convene to form a new one.

Oct 23, 2014 – CEO

Our culture is crucial and a key to our overall success. It’s at the forefront of our long term vision and makes us uniquely Gongos. Thank you for your feedback!

7. Smart People Work Here

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Auburn Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Auburn Hills, MI

I worked at Gongos full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extremely Passionate people who will help you succeed in the workforce right after graduating college.

Cons

Some people are extremely intense and force you to work crazy hours.

Advice to Management

If you sense someone is unhappy on their current team... work to make team changes prior to them putting in their 2 weeks. Sometimes it is just too late to stay.

Oct 23, 2014 – CEO

Thank you for the compliment! We want to keep our smart people here and your input is invaluable for that.

8. Gongos is a fantastic place to work.

I worked at Gongos

Pros

Culture, leadership, PTO, fun activities with team outside of work

Cons

Work/life balance for client-facing positions

Advice to Management

Work on providing balance by encouraging employees to be honest with their workload to themselves and managers. Working harder doesn't equal working smarter.

Oct 23, 2014 – CEO

Thank you for your feedback. We are always looking to better balance the fine line between work and life. We appreciate your input!

9. Wonderful

I worked at Gongos

Pros

Great company culture, flexibility in choosing your career path and work area. You can switch from quantitative to qualitative and vice versa (but the latter is harder).

Cons

Overall people can work long hours and are not paid overtime. The tradeoff for a great company culture and positive enthusiasm. You must be a positive person and fit with the culture in order to get hired.

Advice to Management

None. Keep the positive atmosphere!

Apr 25, 2014 – Director of HR

Making certain we have the right people in the right seats is a philosophy we embrace wholeheartedly. Work hard, play hard? Absolutely! Thank you for your feedback!

10. Very happy here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at Gongos full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Overwhelmingly its the people. Super smart but really collaborative. Truly nice people to spend every day with.

Cons

Not at the top of the pay scale as far as MR vendor side goes. If you are looking to make a lot of money, this is probably not the place for you. But....everything has its tradeoffs - i choose culture and atmosphere.

Advice to Management

As the company grows bigger it will be a challenge to maintain culture while necessarily adapting larger company policies

Dec 4, 2013 – Director of HR

Thank you for your response! We like the people here too!

11. Uniquely amazing.

I have been working at Gongos full-time

Pros

Heart. Drive. Youth. Humanism. Humility. Family atmosphere. Did I say heart?

Cons

Growing pains is all. We need to move quickly and have confidence in ourselves.

Advice to Management

Positivity and heart is what John wants. All else is simple. Let's move forward.

Dec 4, 2013 – Director of HR

Heart. Drive. Youth. Humanism. Humility. All great words to describe Gongos! Thanks for your feedback!

RSS Feed </> Embed