Gongos

Updated November 6, 2014
Updated November 6, 2014
4.5

Camille Nicita

Flexible and motivating work environment

I have been working at Gongos full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I truly enjoy working at Gongos every day. It is a fast-paced, innovative, motivating and flexible work environment. Gongos truly values their employees and it shows. From the "leading from any chair" initiative that helps empower even the newest employees to have a voice and opinion, to our monthly perks and parties. There is always something fun and exciting going on in the Gongos environment.

Cons

The biggest challenge I see is to stop working. We are all very hard workers and we can find it challenging to say "no" to both our clients and coworkers. Finding a balance to say "Yes, but..." can be our greatest challenge.

Thank you for making us so proud to be a part of the Gongos family!

Grasp this opportunity.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

I worked at Gongos full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The culture at Gongos is unmatched and most people tend to stay for a very long time. You will make friends. Leadership treats hiring as a serious commitment and you are likely to work directly underneath somebody who cares about your career development.

Cons

There is better pay out there, even in metro Detroit. You are going to work long hours sometimes.

Don't let go of your culture. Guard it with frantic jealousy. If your strategy fails in any way to preserve it, abandon your strategy and convene to form a new one.

Oct 23, 2014CEO

Our culture is crucial and a key to our overall success. It’s at the forefront of our long term vision and makes us uniquely Gongos. Thank you for your feedback!

Smart People Work Here

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Auburn Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Auburn Hills, MI

I worked at Gongos full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Extremely Passionate people who will help you succeed in the workforce right after graduating college.

Cons

Some people are extremely intense and force you to work crazy hours.

If you sense someone is unhappy on their current team... work to make team changes prior to them putting in their 2 weeks. Sometimes it is just too late to stay.

Oct 23, 2014CEO

Thank you for the compliment! We want to keep our smart people here and your input is invaluable for that.

Gongos is a fantastic place to work.

I worked at Gongos

Pros

Culture, leadership, PTO, fun activities with team outside of work

Cons

Work/life balance for client-facing positions

Work on providing balance by encouraging employees to be honest with their workload to themselves and managers. Working harder doesn't equal working smarter.

Oct 23, 2014CEO

Thank you for your feedback. We are always looking to better balance the fine line between work and life. We appreciate your input!

Wonderful

I worked at Gongos

Pros

Great company culture, flexibility in choosing your career path and work area. You can switch from quantitative to qualitative and vice versa (but the latter is harder).

Cons

Overall people can work long hours and are not paid overtime. The tradeoff for a great company culture and positive enthusiasm. You must be a positive person and fit with the culture in order to get hired.

None. Keep the positive atmosphere!

Apr 25, 2014Director of HR

Making certain we have the right people in the right seats is a philosophy we embrace wholeheartedly. Work hard, play hard? Absolutely! Thank you for your feedback!

Very happy here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at Gongos full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Overwhelmingly its the people. Super smart but really collaborative. Truly nice people to spend every day with.

Cons

Not at the top of the pay scale as far as MR vendor side goes. If you are looking to make a lot of money, this is probably not the place for you. But....everything has its tradeoffs - i choose culture and atmosphere.

As the company grows bigger it will be a challenge to maintain culture while necessarily adapting larger company policies

Dec 4, 2013Director of HR

Thank you for your response! We like the people here too!

Uniquely amazing.

I have been working at Gongos full-time

Pros

Heart. Drive. Youth. Humanism. Humility. Family atmosphere. Did I say heart?

Cons

Growing pains is all. We need to move quickly and have confidence in ourselves.

Positivity and heart is what John wants. All else is simple. Let's move forward.

Dec 4, 2013Director of HR

Heart. Drive. Youth. Humanism. Humility. All great words to describe Gongos! Thanks for your feedback!

Gongos Research

I have been working at Gongos

Pros

Friendly staff, nice facilities, fortune 500 clients, lenient dress code, fair pay, bonuses, able to move up quickly for many people (but not for others, fairly typical for a company)

There are some fun gatherings and genuine effort to improve some of the cons listed below (specifically the differences between the teams), but not much effort goes into alleviating work load.

Working from home is a nice perk, and bonuses are really, really nice when the company meets its goals.

Some really smart people work here. It's nice learning from them.

Cons

Gongos constantly claims to be a flexible and accommodating of work/life balance, but this is not the case. There is a feeling among employees that the company takes on way too much work with not enough staff. Most people are hard workers, and will just put in 60 hour weeks (no overtime pay), but are not very happy about it. People work through lunch nearly every day. Seems to be an expectation to check email/phone even while on vacation, and instead of truly calling in sick, people work from home, sick (I've been on conference calls with some ill sounding amigos). Some positions in the company do not experience this crazy work load, but those who deal directly with clients are typically the ones feeling way more burned out and unhappy.

Job is pretty high pressure with demands from clients. Some people can't make it, and people tend to be let go a few times a year. There is some fear of HR/upper management, since it seems sudden when people are let go. HR seems very buddy-buddy with some members of company, completes ignores other people.

Different departments/teams have very different satisfaction levels. Some teams seem more mellow (work only 40-43 hours a week) while other teams have every employee working a minimum of 45-50 hours a week. Also, some teams promote faster than others, and have different quality standards for work. If you work on a team and get switched, you might find what was considered a great report on one team is considered substandard on the new team.

Most people don't want to work an average of 50 hours every week. Hire more people or take on less work.

Dec 4, 2013Director of HR

We do like to have parties and our lenient dress code is a perk that everyone enjoys (including myself)! Thank you for your feedback and perspective!

Great intern experience.

Current Employee - Intern
    Current Employee - Intern

I have been working at Gongos

Pros

Everyone is very nice and helpful, they really want you to learn and help you along the way. Great experience!

Cons

The pay was pretty low, probably because it is a smaller company and there is a lot of benefits for full-time employees.

Interns definitely get a great experience, but paying them a little more, and giving them a little more responsibility might be helpful.

Dec 4, 2013Director of HR

Interns are a highly valued piece to our overall recruiting strategy, we are glad you enjoyed your experience with us!

Great place

I have been working at Gongos

Pros

Flexibility and transparency of leadership

Cons

Limited advancement opportunities given its size in non research roles.

Dec 4, 2013Director of HR

All great companies are built from great leaders! Thank you for your feedback!