Gonzaba Medical Group

www.gonzaba.com

Gonzaba Medical Group Reviews

Updated Jun 8, 2014
Gonzaba Medical Group – “Gonzaba Medical Group”

William Gonzaba, M.D.

Very Good! Very Caring place to work! Like Family feeling here

ProsFamily enviroment where people do care. Pay is ok. The owner does have family working, and they are all nice caring people. Everybody gets along and the owner is very caring. I like it over here in the Admin Building.

ConsSome people don't get along in upper management and if they are not happy I don't understand why they just dont leave because those sour apples make it worse for every one else who lokes it here

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the bad apples to make this place better. Lets GO GONZABA!

CEO, Dr. Bill, is too autocratic, arbitrary, and unilateral.

Physician (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsGroup has hospitalists on staff so that primary care providers only have to work 8 to 5 daily, Mo to Fr.

ConsYou must be liked by Dr. Bill and his two physician sons in order to survive working there. If you are an attractive female provider, your chances improve dramatically.

Advice to Senior ManagementDr. Bill should step down and let the company be run by a professional management team that will correct the above cons.

Good and improving

ProsCan do well if dedicated and a team player with no hidden agendas. Culture is improving as some are redirected. Good place for those with integrity.

ConsIt is a family business with a CEO who has a passion for doing the right thing. No micro managing, so you must be organized and focused. Will work with family so must not be paranoid. Will work in collaboration in decision making.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp the CEO in hiring for cultural fit. Stop hiring people with the wrong attitude. It's a great company-great people.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Unusual place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsA national leader in capitation.

ConsAll major decisions are made by the Owner. Extremely high turnover in high level positions during the last ten years. Some members of the Executive Leadership team stay 2-3 months.

Advice to Senior ManagementVery little is accomplished without dedicated employees.

Horrible

ProsGreat mission of patient care. Taking care of community,

ConsThe CEO and his dysfunctional leadership style. Micromanagement, family involvement and lack of integrity. Leadership turnover, good people are brought in and not allowed to do their jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementCEO needs to retire/be removed.

Very good--Not a disgruntled former employee

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsGreat relationships and patients. Not micro-managed. The owner is a very nice person to work for.It is a "like family"culture.

Consbenefits could be better--but will be soon.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more cautious in hiring.Train more carefully.

Very Disorganized and Distrustful Environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

Pros"Free" medical care. This organization has some great employees that are loyal and dependable. Salary is average to above the standards.

ConsNo work/life balance if you are a manager or supevisor. The owner and upper management is very distrustful of each other and all the employees. They also seem to be ethically challenged.

Advice to Senior Managementmanagement needs training. Remember employees want to do a good job and can be trusted to make decisions. Life is too short for all the drama!

Worked for Gonzaba Medical Group? Contribute to the Community!