Good Feet Reviews

CEO

1. an amazing company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Good Feet full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company has come a long way from when I first joined. Great co workers and a phenomenal boss who truly cares about his employees. Enough work to keep you busy, great balance between work and personal life. Human resources are easily approachable and willing to help. Great pay and really good benefits.

Cons

Implement performance reviews for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees and hear what ideas they might have to improve the business.

2. Great Product, Lousy Price, Bad Management

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Lynnwood, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Lynnwood, WA

I worked at Good Feet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice product,, really works. They stand behind their product. The owner is a great guy personally, but too cheap to buy a real mop or chairs that his employees are safe upon.

Cons

Their employees are not valued. They do not have a set of rules or systems for doing basic things and pass the buck as to who is the blame, then fire their scapegoat. The commission is unattainable and the scheduling snafus make it so you can't make their commission. No benefits, since employees aren't valued. .

3. Most boring job I ever had!

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at Good Feet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free arch supports, nice co-workers, free lunch on Saturdays.

Cons

This is not a sales job, it's a CLOSERS job. If a customer isn't going to buy and they're about to walk out of the store, it's okay to get verbally combative with them. You have nothing to lose at that point.

The job is the most boring experience I ever had. Employees sit in the back room with their laptop/tablet and watch movies, review Facebook, check their personal e-mail, etc. all day waiting for a customer to come in. Some days there are 0 customers. So you just sit there.... and sit. There is nothing else to do. Even if a customer does come in, the presentation and close only takes between 30 minutes to an hour. If you see three customers in a day, you still sit around for six hours.

Management doesn't even believe in the supports themselves. We tell the customers that they need to wear three different supports each day to get the maximum benefit. But my direct manager told me that he only wore one support. Another manager told me he only wears one support and gave the other two to his parents.

An assistant manager kept me after work one night to discuss disciplinary issues concerning another sales person. I wasn't in management. There was no need to air that dirty laundry to me. It should have been discussed with another manager. It was highly unprofessional.

Advice to Management

Don't discuss disciplinary issues with non-managers. Wear all three of your supports (walk the walk and talk the talk.) Find something else for the staff to do when they're not selling. Your store is a boring place to be.

5. Great product, great company!!

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Good Feet

Pros

Not your "typical" retail hours.
    Amazing product!!!!!!!
    Easy sales job.

Cons

Pay, benefits aren't the greatest.

Advice to Management

Make monthly goals realistic!!!!

6. Should be renamed: "The Bad Feet"

I worked at Good Feet part-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are absolutely no pros whatsoever to this awful company! To push a product that costs 300.00 and not offer a money back guarantee is a scandal!

Cons

To work for an agency that takes advantage of people's problems and then profits from them is shameful. To see people who are suffering and sell them a product that promises miracles, only to have their problems made worst is enough to make any salesperson uncomfortable.

Advice to Management

If you are confident in your product (which I doubt) you should offer people a money back guarantee!

7. Specialty sales position

I worked at Good Feet (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company just added 401K and health benefits if you enjoy helping people its a great job

Cons

Owners are not always equitable and you play by their rules which tend to change.

Advice to Management

Value the customer and the employee both are assets and remember if you kill the Golden goose because you don't nurture it where will you get your golden eggs...

8. Truly life changing!!

Current Employee - Sales in New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Sales in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Good Feet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is a pleasure to work with a product that makes such a profound difference in a client's life! It is truly life changing!! The arch support system has a life time guarantee and are excellent products. The comfort shoe line is extensive and a demand product for today's lifestyles.

Cons

Retail hours are not flexible with family life

Advice to Management

Hire more employees due to the fact that each client has a personal shopping experience.

9. Customers were great! Franchise owners were absolutely clueless when it comes to running a business.

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Good Feet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Product works, hours are family friendly.

Cons

Product is far too overpriced and franchise owners only care about the potential profit of business, not the needs of public. Owners are not very good at promoting company to community. No benefits for employees.

Advice to Management

You REALLY need to screen your franchise applicants better. Inexperienced ones only alienate your potential clientele, in turn costing everyone involved time & money.

10. I enjoyed helping people find relief from pain.

Former Employee - Sales Consultant
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant

I worked at Good Feet full-time

Pros

Easy work, no high pressure sales tactics needed. The customer either get relief during the one on one consultation, or not. If they get relief, they usually buy.

Cons

The crew. Manager/assistant manager do not lead by example. No consistency.

Advice to Management

Keep better tabs on the people running the stores. There's a lot that goes on that shouldn't.

11. Great experience in sales.

Former Employee - Store Manager in Modesto, CA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Modesto, CA

I worked at Good Feet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

High commission scales
    Great company culture
    Training was awesome

Cons

no medical benefits
    not much room for growth
    individually owned franchise stores