Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center (Oregon)
Unclaimed Profile

Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center (Oregon) Reviews

2 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

1. Good

Easy going in terms of work hours and are flexible with time off. The work itself is repetitive and enclosed in a very small room. Not much movement involved.

Extensive training often unrelated to the position. Not a very friendly environment or connection between within the department and strict deadlines

Where the little guys are forgotten.

Current Employee - Unit Secretary in Corvallis, OR
    Current Employee - Unit Secretary in Corvallis, OR

GSRMC provides free health coverage, this is a nice benefit although the coverage is horrible. We have a $500 deductible before the insurance will pay. They also have good retirement options and education benefits. They will pay up to 70% of 18 credits a year at Oregon State University.

It is a very stressful work environment, which tends to make most employees grumpy and disrespectful to others. You will get no recognition for a good job, and we are constantly understaffed. All nursing staff, CNA's, and unit secretaries are part of the union. Some of the unions are successful such as the nursing union, others such as the unit secretaries are horrible. The union has given me a 3% raise each year for the 2 year contract. After I calculate the amount of money my raise gives me over the two years, and deduct the amount of money I am required to pay to the union each month for the two year period I end up losing about $250 each year to the union. The union is a crock and a scam and there is no way around it, either you pay your dues or you forfeit the money that would go to the union and donate it to a charity, so either way you are out of your hard earned money every pay period.

Advice to Management

All employees are important and needed; all should be respected, not just the doc's.

RSS Feed </> Embed