Good Technology

Good Technology Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Good Technology Chairman and CEO Christy Wyatt

Christy Wyatt

Pros
  • Lots of opportunity to grow, niche product for key verticals(in 3 reviews)

• This company is a place where my qualifications can make a difference(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Too top heavy everyone is a VP of something(in 5 reviews)

• Senior Management COMPLETELY disconnected from employee base(in 4 reviews)

It was a Good ride for awhile

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsThe product works and is improving. Kitchen is stocked with a lot of goodies and there is a ping pong table. Learned a lot and worked with a strong team.

ConsUpper management is all new and isn't very transparent or approachable. Product roadmap takes too long to implement. Way too top heavy for an organization of this size.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out what you want to do with the company (sell sell sell!) and execute.

Making Tech History Every Day

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsI've found Good to be the most intellectually challenging and rewarding company in my entire career. Every day, I am faced with new and different projects and work with a colleagial team. I've worked with garage based startups and Fortune 100 tech companies, and find that Good is a bit of both! For those who lean in and add value, there is ample opportunity to grow and be rewarded. Management team is smart & hard working but human and with a sense of humor.

Consnot really a con, but jobs are demanding and require daily focus and determination.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure new hires are truly a "fit" for the position and ready to step up and run fast to help the company get where it needs to go. If a candidate is looking to coast through their job, they should continue looking elsewhere.

Horrible

ProsFree Food for lunch and Snacks

ConsToo much bureaucracy

No sense of teamwork

Can take 40+ emails to get a response on a single issue.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good experience so far!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsThese are my first impressions as a one-month-old employee. Coming from a gigantic corporation, one of the things I appreciate most is the relative simplicity and smallness of Good--it's nice to have a clear vision, clear sense of purpose, clear roles, clear product strategy, and on-boarding is just a lot easier when you can go downstairs and see IT and HR in the flesh. But there's nothing small about the passion, innovation and opportunity--this is a company that thinks big and is poised for even bigger things as the BYOD revolution continues sweeping through businesses worldwide and secure mobility solutions become an ever-increasing necessity.

ConsJust in terms of my job, some things are a little behind the times and resources are thin. But it's a growing company, I knew what to expect coming in, and management is giving a good indication that I'll get what I'm asking for. I also can't say I like the generic office space or my little "workbench," but at the same time it's a lively place and the kitchens are well-stocked with all kinds of free goodies.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep thinking big!

Meh

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBleeding edge technology. Untapped market. Great challenges.

ConsPoor planning. Poor execution of strategy.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it simple

Tech Manager

ProsVery fast paced - good thing

ConsProduct based training needs improvement.

Sr. Software Engineer

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsThey are in good space. flexible in general and co-operative team members sometimes.

ConsManagers don't listen well and ignore your input or advice. Execution is pretty bad in general. Managers don't treat the employees very well, specially those employees who are working for a long time, few are very nice though. Politics is seen here and there in the company.
    Lots of meetings and emails going on every day. it reduces productivity in a way.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to improve the product management area.

It's great to be at Good.

ProsI'm coming up on one year anniversary (in a few months). It's been an amazing journey so far, offering me the ability to make a real difference. As the company continues its transformation, it's very clear that all cross functional teams are coming together.

ConsIt may be considered a con, but the reality that folks looking to join Good should be aware of is that we deliver results (typically in a short amount of time). Candidates should be comfortable working at a pretty fast clip.

Need Leads -- Not a New Logo !

Corporate Sales Representative (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsBeen here a few years now. Company rewards top sellers handsomely. Unfortunately there are not enough of us. Relationship between marketing and sales has dramatically improved. Over the last 9 months we've finally been getting better quality leads and better process. But it needs to continue.

ConsExec and Director churn is not productive.
    Demoting Regional Directors for things beyond their control is demoralizing.
    Recent Boxtone acquisition in response to a competitor's S-1 filing was in haste.
    Boxtone team assimilation is not going smoothly at all.
    Demand Generation was finally turning the corner with an awesome Director who is no longer here.
    Feels like we are treading water and reactive.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe are still too small to be playing politics.
    Hire and retain great people and get out of the way.
    Marketing Execs need to focus on the funnel - not branding or "refreshing" our logo.

Director

Director (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsNone- no pros very bad reputation

Consvery bad management
    very bad IT
    Layoff happens all the time .

Advice to Senior Managementnot qualified

Worked for Good Technology? Contribute to the Community!