Good Technology Reviews

Updated September 4, 2014
Updated September 4, 2014

Good Technology Chairman and CEO Christy Wyatt
Christy Wyatt

Pros
  • Lots of opportunity to grow, niche product for key verticals (in 3 reviews)

• This company is a place where my qualifications can make a difference (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Too top heavy everyone is a VP of something (in 5 reviews)

• Senior Management COMPLETELY disconnected from employee base (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Left for career advancement

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer II  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer II in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Good Technology full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Really solid work ethic. People work later than most companies and really take a passion for fixing every last minute detail of the product before a customer gets a deliverable

Cons

No place to grow without working 5+ years on the same stuff.

Good Technology is dead in the water. There is no future for this company

Former Employee - Senior Strategic Account Manager  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Strategic Account Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Good Technology full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lost its product and market leadership steadily over the last 4 years and has been out-flanked, out-tanked and out-ranked by all its competitors.

Cons

Poor pay, massive quotas, insidious culture, insurmountable arrogance and a terrible grip on the realities of the market. What company, when it realizes it is fighting for its life, hires a new CEO ... who has 'never' been a CEO before? Lunacy!

Leave the ivory tower and meet with customers. Develop a roadmap

Lots of potential. Sluggish to execute. Not Agile.

Former Employee - Engineering Leadership  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Engineering Leadership in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Good Technology full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of the folks are really insightful and great to work with. Truly a pleasure.
    The products address a solid market segment. Good has a good technical solution.

Cons

Many are parked, in a waiting game for an IPO event. They can be unenthusiastic and lethargic. The apps are dated and often do not follow the platform conventions very well.
    Agile gets plenty of lip service, but it is basically a command and control environment. Some ceremonies are used but self-organizing, it is not! Too bad. That inhibits creativity and innovation. It is not an enlightened working environment. If you want an Agile environment, look elsewhere. It is only superficial here.
    The legacy code is an albatross that should result in major refactoring.
    Walk lightly and conform. Dissenting voices are nuked. Tall pegs are hammered.

There is an environment of fear. Failure and experimentation should be embraced. That's how fundamental learning and innovation is accomplished. Dissenting voices are a source of value and insight. Stop shooting them.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

GOOD should be followed by the word GRIEF!! (as quoted by Charley Brown)

I have been working at Good Technology full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

GOOD was a fairly interesting company, with a reasonable product offering.

Cons

VERY inexperienced CEO (Christy). Talk about ivory tower. Senior Management COMPLETELY disconnected from employee base. Stupid and costly acquisitions, overburdened by MANAGEMENT that doesn't do a thing but regurgitate sound bites of the people who actually work.
    Christy, quit parading your baby around the Senior Staff offices (including your nannies) and FOCUS on what the company is STRUGGLING to provide......a reason it exists at all.
    GOOD=rookies

GOOD=rookies

Good but not Great

I have been working at Good Technology full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great salary and good benefits.
    Good team to work with. Most people seem competent, not a lot of "fat", very lean on resources, at least in my area.

Cons

Sales driven organization, so very feature driven with little emphasis placed on quality.
    No ability to grow. Everyone mostly brought from without to do whatever they are hired for.
    Constant, fire-fighting mode. Very exhausting. Work harder, not smarter, is encouraged.

Listen to a technical or lower level voice every once in a while instead of being strictly bottom line driven. At the end of the day, you have to make money but if you can't maintain or support your products because of constant delivery pressure and shortcuts taken you will ultimately fail in the end after your customers are fed up with the poor quality.
    Consider a time horizon longer than a few months.

Happy but anxious

I have been working at Good Technology full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Technology offers great comp plans. The office is inviting and caters to people being social with one another. The work life balance is awesome and the facilities team helps keep us all engaged with one another.

Cons

The door revolves fast. Recent M&A has people coming and going. This results is high anxiety because the people that know the products and services best are tenured and have the ability to go elsewhere and get compensated for it.

Move quickly to consolidate our products and services. The company has invented so many technologies that they're forced to either stand their ground against competitors or pivot. The result has engineering and sales scrambling to keep pace.

Fortunate to have the Opportunity to work at Good!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Good Technology full-time for less than a year

Pros

Products are outstanding, feel very supportive by my new team and colleagues. Department open to new ideas..Leadership during these times are key, my Leader is really good on having a pulse on how the team is doing and takes the appropriate actions to keep us engaged.

Cons

As with any growing company, change is happeing all around us. Resources are tight given current conditions, however, I have experienced Leaders asking teams to communicate and prioritize requests to minimize burn out and ensure delivery of commitments. Very positive sign.

Continue to make "values based" decisions that is right for the organization. Continue to maintain visibility with your employees. Stay the course.

Dissatisfaction is growing in the technical support organization

Current Employee - Escalations Engineer (Tier III Technical Support)  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Escalations Engineer (Tier III Technical Support) in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Good Technology full-time for more than a year

Pros

Salary is good for this area. Flexible hours and the ability to work from home are appreciated. Everyone I work with at my level is reasonable and professional.

Current CEO and former CEO have seemed very credible. Overall, the products we create solve problems in a good way.

Cons

In general , the management team is growing much faster than necessary. We get an email almost every week about a new employee with a title like "Senior Director" along with some abstract reason why the role was necessary.

Regarding the technical support organization, directors are hired, then leave shortly after, or stay and hire someone else to provide direction. I now have several directors, yet am provided no direction.

I don't see any opportunity for advancement at this location.

Technical support directors:

Solicit and listen to employee feedback. Implement changes to improve processes and morale. Focus on leading (providing direction) and not in details of customer incidents.

Don't react to every customer who gets your email address and tells you his incident is more important that the hundreds of others.

Regarding implementing changes, support is done at many companies and I'm sure methodologies exist that can be adopted here. Why try to develop our own?

Great place for those who want to lead, not follow!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Good Technology full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

For 5+ years Good has been leading the way in fast growing enterprise mobility space while others try to copy and catch up. Good highly values and rewards people who are focused on leading, innovating, solving problems, and taking customers and company to next level. Christy Wyatt is a fantastic leader and has done a great job building strong leadership team and increasing focus on UX and customer satisfaction.

Cons

As with any fast-growing company there will be growing pains, but that's also part of what it makes it fun and challenging and a great place for people who have a "lean forward" mentality to contribute and succeed.

Stay laser focused on strategy execution, continued process and efficiency improvements, customer success, and keep the communications channels open both internally and externally.

Get it while the getting is GOOD!

I have been working at Good Technology full-time for more than a year

Pros

The talent pool is impressive and inspiring to be around. Opportunities for both career and personal growth. CEO Christy Wyatt has kept our confidence in herself and the company at an all time high.

Cons

The pace is highly demanding which can put a strain on your work-life balance, but in a world of mobility - this can be managed more efficiently than ever before.

Keep driving the dream.

Worked for Good Technology? Contribute to the Community!